Status: Done:) For now...;) Copy...and i'll kill you:) Promise! © 2010Ash The Bash

On the Edge

Flames To Dust

Gustav's POV
     I awoke to an empty space on the bed. Groaning, I got up to find that all traces of her were gone. It was as if she wasn't even there. I was usually awake before anyone else was, I guess not today. I rubbed my eyes finding that my favourite shirt was gone.

"damn." I cursed throwing whatever I could find on. I went into the kitchen finding Tom and his new girl-whatever talking over some beer. I could hear Georg yelling the next room over.

"Whats going on?" I asked sleepily. Tom shrugged.

"I think he's talking to his girlfriend." ouchhhh, I thought chugging some orange juice from the carton. Everyone in the band already knew about how he fucked up, I guess it was finally time for his girlfriend to find out too.

"did you see where Audrey went?" I asked. 

"oh your girltoy? Nah." and at that moment, my cell rang. I picked it up, though I didn't recognize the number.

"hallo?" I answered.

"hey, it's Dre." 

"hey what happened to you?" I asked going to the next room. She sighed.

"a lot of stuff happened, I'll tell you later. But now, I'm with my dad." I looked at the phone to see if I heard right. Maybe the reception was bad or something.

"your dad?" I asked incredulously. She chuckled.

"yeah. He came back for us. Finally. But that's besides the point. He's taking us to his house and I should be back later before my next gig okay?" I nodded saying bye. Hm. Maybe shed bring her dad along too, then I could *ahem* thank him properly for coming back.

A Few Days Later
Audrey's POV
     Things were finally going...decently. Sami and I had set up tenporary residence with our father. He was still a world famous photographer and was well, pretty damn rich. We could have used him when we needed him...We weren't too attached to him quite yet, so we continued to stay with the band at their hotel. 
     
During that time, Gustav and I spent every second together, and I could honestly say he was pretty much the greatest thing. Sami and Bill weren't looking too shabby either, what I was shocked about the most though was that they hadn't even slept together yet. Hmm...odd. Same with Tom and Marie, except from what I hear, they're 'just friends.' riiiiiight...

I hadn't heard from Rich in a while, and that was fine by me. As long as he stayed away from me and my new life, we were cool.
     
It was the night of Tokio Hotel's big concert and Gustav was pretty jazzed. I was at my dad's house making a sandwich when he called me for like the 50th time.

"okay...will you still like me if I fuck up?" he asked when I picked up the phone.

"of course." I said licking mayo off of my finger. Sami was in the massive living room watching the flat screened TV. Her knees were pulled up under her chin as she paused the movie we were supposed to be watching.

"is that Gustav freaking out again?" she asked over her shoulder.

"yeah. Gustie haven't you done this like A MILLION times??" 

"yeah! But we've been on a break remember! What if I lost my mojo!" he panicked. 

"I'll be backstage the whole time cheering you on. I promise." I said smashing the bread on top. He sighed.

"you're right. This is just another concert." I nodded. But for some reason, my stomach felt...funny. As if something was going to happen. Nah, I'm just being stupid.

"that's the spirit. Me and Sami will be at the stadium when you guys are doing soundcheck." 

"okay." he answered. I hung up with him going to sit Beside Sami on the couch.

"is everything okay?" she asked before playing the movie. I felt a bit ill.

"yeah! Everythings fine."
  
Bill's POV
     Everything was ready and set up. All the lights and smoke and mirrors were in position and things were put together. But where were the girls? I thought while in the dressing room. Who knew theyd become such a big part of our lives? I dragged eyeliner across my eyes gelling my hair one last time. There was a knock at my door.

"come in." I said wiping the smudges from under my eyes in the mirror. Sami came in wearing a black sequined mini dress her hair was loose and free.

"I- I forgot to put makeup on, but do I look okay?" she asked doing a slow twirl. I was pretty much drooling.

"you look perfect." I answered. She looked down at her heels shyly.

"are YOU ready?" she asked me coming to stand beside me in the mirror. I smiled looking at us.

"now that you're here I am." she laughed swatting at me.

"you're so corny." I responded by tilting her chin up with my finger and planting a kiss on her unglossed lips.

"you love it." I said biting her bottom lip. The stage director came in.

"you're on in five." he said slamming the door. I had to get with the guys since we always were together right before a show. I took Sami's hand.

"come on."

Audrey's POV
     I kissed Gustav's cheek repeatedly trying to get him to calm down. He kept bouncing his leg and it was driving me NUTS! he spun his drumsticks as all the guys piled in. I'll admit it, I was kinda nervous as well, but I didn't know why. The boys and I were leaving for China right after this show, but Gustav Promised that he would still be at my last gig tonight. Sami sat next to me and we all sat in silence as the crowd roared loudly, a sea of devoted fans. I pulled at a curl, waiting. 

"now." Bill signaled, and they all left the room. Marie came in as they left hugging Tom Tightly.

"do it big." she said before he let go. We followed as soon as we heard Bill's voice fill the stadium. We stood in the wing watching from behind the curtains. I smiled hugely watching Gustav. Whenever he looked nervous, he glanced over at me and tore it up.

Good, things are going good. I thought straightening my skinny jeans and see-through blouse. Marie was looking at a glossy program. I motioned at it.

"can I see?" I asked. She handed it to me. Flipping though it, I read the information about the stadium. My eyes landed on a name, or a last name at least.

David Rommell...that's Rich's dad right? My heart started to beat quickly. No. He wouldn't do anything stupid here...would he? I dropped the program pushing past the stage crew.

"where are you going?" I heard Sami shout behind me. But I didn't really hear her. I went to the director and tapped him. He was looking at a clipboard.

"yes miss?" he asked not looking up. 

"is David Rommell here?" I asked frantically.

"he's always here." he answered taking his earpiece out. "why?" 

"is there any way for me to get in contact with him?" I asked. The director gave me a wary look but intercomed David through his earpiece, apparently he was in his private box. I snatched the piece.

"mister Rommell?" I asked over the static.

"yes? Who the bloody hell is this?" he asked. I ignored the question.

"is your son, Rich, is he here?" I asked gasping for air.

"yes! He's in the front row! Why?" I dropped the earpiece.

Rich's POV
     My hand shook as I reaching into my coat pocket. The crowd was pulsating with energy and I needed to find out how I could get close enough to the stage without people noticing. Bill was leaping around getting all the girls riled up and that was making it hard for me. Thoughts swam around my head like angry bees. So much could happen. I thought feeling the cool metal of the gun against my fingertips. Looking at the side of the stage, I saw Audrey pointing at me and talking to a security man, it's now...or never.

 I pulled the gun out listening to Bill belt out Love and Death. I shakily toyed with the safety, aiming at the stage. I heard a few girls gasp around me. Screw it. I thought, my vision blurred as I tried to focus my aim. Soon I could see the crowd parting around me, they were coming. 

My heart sped. My life was about to waste. Cold jail cells, brick walls. And amidst all my thoughts, I remembered my mother and how she died. She would be so disappointed. And Audrey. She would never love me. Whether I got rid of Gustav or not. I felt so extremely lonely. Were these the last thoughts of a madman? Would my story become a grammy nominated movie? I looked to audrey again and saw her face crumple, tears gliding down her face in the flourescent light. Before the guards could get a hand on me, I turned the gun on my head and pulled the trigger.
Bam. 

Gustav's POV
     no one had ever tried to kill me before. I mean...god, I didn't even notice what was going on until I heard the gunshots. Apparently, Audrey's ex-boyfriend, in a fit of rage and jealousy had tried to kill me. Instead he killed himself. 

My stomach twisted as I saw Audrey run out on the floor and punch his lifeless chest. It was as if the sound had been turned off. Everybody watched as she screamed tearing the gun from his fist.

I didn't know what to say. Like I mentioned. No one had ever tried to kill me before.

Sami's POV
     I stood by Audrey's shaking frame until the stadium cleared out. Sobs wracked her body as she wailed over Rich's chest. Gustav tried to pry her off, but he couldn't. No one could. 

Finally on her own, she went outside and waited for dad, it seemed as if she was still intent on getting to her gig. We followed, unsure of what she might do. 

The crew packed up all the stuff and loaded the bus for the tour. Audrey stood out in the cold night not shivering, not crying. Bill held me as we watched the police and ambulance come and go.

"I don't want to be here anymore." I murmmered putting my eyes to my chest as they carried Rich's body out in a bag. Bill rubbed my shoulders, silent. I felt a wetness on my cheek. And then on my forehead and then on my arms. I looked up. It had started to snow. Little flakes sticking to everything.
"Come with us. With me." he said taking my face in his hands. I looked up stunned.

"no, I...I've already missed so much school...and I..." I tried to fumble for any excuse. He silenced me by kissing me.

"so I'll take that as a yes?" he asked against my lips.
I nodded.

"yeah."

Audrey's POV
     Rich is dead. Because of me. He killed himself. I repeated this in my head over and over again as I watched the cleanup crew go into the stadium with bleaches and mops, to smear out any trace of Rich's mistake. I saw his father get into the ambulance car, giving me one last withering look before slamming the door. Gustav came up beside me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"it's not your fault." 

I let him kiss my ear. I didn't know what to think anymore. It was already too late for me to make my set at the club, but who cares. Gustav came around taking my hands.

"Audrey, I love you." he said stroking my fingers. I looked down, then finally looking into his eyes.

"yeah, I love you too." I said softly. It was snowing steadily now, quiet as the hands on a clock ticking. 

I saw my dad pull up in his car just as all the cars of the law had pulled away. 

"come away with us. You still are right?" he offered grinning roguishly. I smiled weakly. "Audrey, I want to marry you someday." he said. 

I searched his brown eyes. Wow. Was all I could think. My heart leapt. The tourbus pulled around front and Bill climbed aboard, my sister in tow. Then came Georg empty handed, and finally Tom. Stopping at the door, He brushed away a tear from Marie's face whispering something in her ear as he hugged her. She smiled giggling and letting him go. I looked back to Gustav giving him a mischievious smile.

"if you ever need some late night lovin' just give me a call." I said putting a hand on his cheek. His face fell.

"you're not coming?" he asked quietly. I shook my head, reaching in my bag. I pulled out a tape that I had made specifically for him, I was planning on giving it to him on tour. He put our his palm and I pressed the tape into it softly. 

I couldn't leave here, I still had to get to know my father, forgive my mother and maybe even take some college classes.

"Gustav, there's so much I have to do. There are so many things I have to fix or tie up before I leave here. This is my home." I said kissing him. He pressed his lips to mine fiercely. A tear ran down my cheek.

"I'll be here waiting okay?" I said looking at his hurt face. He pulled his cap tightly around his head.

"I'll come back for you." he said taking a step back. I nodded, feeling my heart breaking.

"promise?" I asked, my voice keening. A lump rose in my throat and lungs. It was as if I couldnt breathe. He climbed onto the bus stopping to turn around.

"I promise you Audrey Klum, I'll be back for you." he looked at me one last time, disappearing onto the bus. It started and pulled away from the curb. I could see Sami's face from the window, she looked so much like a child, so innocent and now it was her turn to see the world. She put a hand to the window and pressed her lips to it, turning away slowly.

I let all the tears fall to the pavement, standing in the fresh snow. Wrapping my arms around myself, I jogged to my Dad's car. 
I'll always be here Gustav Schafer, waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm done...haha I kinda feel accomplished actually. I know there are a lot of unanswered questions like
1) what happened to Danielle
2) what happened to Kristine Klum.
3) what will happen to the budding couples Bill and Sami? Tom and Marie?
Well, I guess they'll have to stay unsolved:) if you're wondering about a part two. Yes I have one; but unless I get a special request for it, I'll just keep it to myself:)

-Peacie!
Ash