‹ Prequel: I've Got Luck
Sequel: I'm Still Waiting
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

This Dream Isn't Done

A Wedding

I adjust the black bow around my neck as I stare at myself in the mirror. I notice Renee enter the room and I turn to face her. Her eyes drifting from my head to feet.
“How does this look?” I ask.
“You look great.”
I smile, “thanks.”
“I wish I could go with you,” she sighs as she wraps her arms around my waist.
I sigh and I push her hair back from her face, “me too," I lie.
“I hate work.”
I chuckle, “I love work.”
She smiles, “because you have the best job.”
I nod, “I do.”
She presses her lips to mine and I slowly kiss her back. We pull back and she sighs.
“I better get going.”
“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow night.”
She nods and quickly kisses me. I watch as she leaves and I let out a small sigh of relief. I finish getting ready and there’s a knock at my door. I walk over and open it.
“Hey,” Rian says, “ready?”
I nod, stepping out and following him out to his car where Zack and Jack are. We get inside and drive off.
“Look who’s all handsome,” Jack says.
I chuckle, “thanks. I guess you look alright.”
“I’m a babe in this tux.”
I roll my eyes, “sure.”
“I heard Ashlynn will be a bridesmaid.”
“Yeah?” I ask.
Jack nods. It takes us 2 hours until we reach the church and we head inside, people already sitting and visiting.
We make our way over to a group of people as we wait for the ceremony. I continue to glance around, wondering if I'll see a glimpse of Ashlynn before the wedding.
"Hey," Jack breaks my focus as he nudges me, "it's the guy."
I follow his eyes until they land on some guy sitting on one of the benches, talking to someone. I feel confused.
"Who?" I ask Jack.
"That guy I mentioned the other day," he answers, "that one with Ash when I saw her at coffee."
I nod, recalling that day when Jack arrived and was telling us.
"Remember?" He asks and looks at me.
"Yeah, Jack," I respond, "I remember."
"I wonder if he knows Anna or James," he continues as he looks again.
I break my focus and turn back to the group, "or maybe he's here with her."
Jack doesn't respond, probably doesn't even know how to without hurting my feelings. It's not much longer until we're told to take our seats for the ceremony. We pile onto a bench and wait. A little bit of excitement rushes over me to see Ashlynn and as I look around, my eyes focus back on him. Who are you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken so long! I've been having internet problems.
And sorry this one is super short. But uh, I only got like, 1 comment so I'm not too sorry.
I see all my subscribers and it's annoying to have only 2 people comment(thank you by the way).
I think I might just give up.