‹ Prequel: I've Got Luck
Sequel: I'm Still Waiting
Status: Completed! Check out the sequel!

This Dream Isn't Done

A Gift

“Alex, what’s this?” I hear Renee ask.
I walk over and look at what she’s looking at. I grab it from her grasp and she turns to look at me and I stare at the little box.
“It’s nothing,” I whisper.
“Nothing?” She asks and chuckles, “Alex, it’s a bracelet.”
“Yeah,” I say as I keep my eyes on the silver bracelet.
“Who’s it for?”
“No one,” I say quietly, “not anymore. I forgot about this. I should return it.”
I close the box and walk into my room and shove it in a drawer. I remain still, standing in front of my dresser as I remember buying the bracelet. I was walking down the street with Rian and we walked past a jewelry store and I saw the bracelet in the window. It's silver with little musical notes on it just caught my eye and I immediately thought of Ashlynn. I don’t why, but I went inside later, when Rian left and I bought it, hoping to give it to her. I take a step back and see Renee at the door.
“Who did you buy it for?” She asks.
I sigh, “it doesn’t matter.”
“It has to,” she says quietly moving to the bed, “you still have it.”
I look over at her, seeing that she really wants to know. I look away.
“I bought it for Ashlynn.”
“Were you two…dating?” She asks nervously.
I shake my head, “no.”
“Why did you buy it?”
“Because I was in love with her.”
“You were?” She asks quietly.
I sigh and nod, I look at her and watch as she tries to figure out what to say.
“Do you still?” She asks looking at me.
“Yeah.”
She takes a breath and I feel bad for giving her this honesty.
“So you want to be with her?”
“Yeah,” I say again, “but she doesn’t want that kind of relationship with me. I’m moving on.”
“Do you still want to be with me?” She whispers.
I hesitate, not sure what this is with Renee. If this is just to patch up my feelings for Ashlynn or if I really want her. I give her a small smile.
“I want to try this.”
She gives me a small smile, “yeah?”
I nod with hope that I am convincing.
“Should I be worried about her?” She asks as I walk up to her.
I sigh, “she’s a great girl, she doesn’t want you to get hurt.”
“Really?” She asks with a raised eyebrow.
I nod, “no worries.”
She sighs, “I feel like I should become her friend.”
"Why?" I ask curious.
She shrugs, "it feels like the right thing."
I laugh, “only if you want to.”
“Maybe.”
She kisses me gently but my mind stays on that bracelet and I debate whether I should give it to Ashlynn or return it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been super busy getting ready for Christmas so here's a quick update.
Sorry it's short! I might post again later, depending on the comments.
So, please, comment! No one likes a silent reader :)