The Monster in Me

Awakening

Brooklyn, NY

Jean stood motionless and silent beside the bed, her hands held steadily behind her back. Ryan was sound asleep, snoring groggily as the bittersweet scent of alcohol drifted from his naked body. The sheets were lightly draped across him, sweat stained and wrinkled from the hours passed.

Jean licked her lip, the metallic taste of blood tingling her tongue, and gripped the large shears tightly. It was amazing how calm she was, she wasn't even the slightest bit upset.

Climbing onto the bed, she straddled Ryan's waist, careful to keep the shears hidden behind her back. He awoke with a start, noticing Jean and giving one of his wicked smiles. Oh, how she knew them too well.

"Ready for round three?" He asked, still half asleep as he ran his hands up Jeans bare thighs. His voice was always rough and deep. It was disgusting. She smiled at the amount of irony in her perception of him and this moment. As Ryan knit his eyebrows together and went to sit up, Jean drew the shears from behind her and thrust them directly into Ryan's abdomen, just above his naval.

He let out a moan and she quickly began to cut upward, reaching almost to his chest before he threw her off of him.

She hit the wall hard, but ignored the pain and watched Ryan, trying to cover the smile on her face with her blood stained hands. Ryan's screams echoed down the hall, crying for help... but if nobody ever heard Jean, why would they hear Ryan?

"Y-You..." He gripped his hands over the wound, trying to keep everything inside of him as he tried to stand up, only he couldn't and collapsed onto the floor right in front of Jean.

"Shh." Jean cooed, crawling over to him. He was violently shaking and coughing up blood every time he opened his mouth to speak. "I'll make it all better." She promised, lovingly stroking the back of Ryan's head.

Finally, she grabbed a handful of his hair and, yanking his head back with so much force there was a slight snapping sound, ran the blade of the shears across his throat.

Ryan lay motionless and silent beside the bed. There was blood everywhere. Jean stood up and felt a warmth running through her body, tingling every limb, and giving off a sudden ecstasy Jean had never known. She gazed back down at the sight of her boyfriend, bloodied and broken. Just as she had been so many nights before, only Ryan wouldn't be waking up tomorrow assuring his co-workers he'd fallen down the stairs.

Jean smiled, wriggling her toes in the sticky mess beneath her. She had enjoyed it. Not because Ryan had gotten what he'd deserved, no, because Jean liked being the one with power. His body, bloodied and mangled, had been shattered by her, and the blood! The sweet scent swallowing the room, hot... sticky... beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
How much do you hate me? I know, make you wait forever then throw a filler at you. Well, don't be too upset with me, I'm starting the next chapter. I've been busy with life, fortunately school is almost over and then summer!
Now, if you didn't know this chapter is before Jean went to Miami so you just went back in time like Marty McFly! I'm so lame. Comment.