Rebel Kiss

1/1

It was the first time I'd ever done anything remotely rebellious. It was August and I had spent the night over my girlfriend's house. Down the street from her house was a Marina with a steep hill for the entrance. We were walking around and talking about things when I just looked at her. She smiled at at first, but frowned when I decided to speak.

"Take my hand." I whispered.

Her eyes widened as she muttered 'No' to me. She began to walk ahead of me and I knew she was mad. Where we lived at the time, it was suicide to show love towards someone of the same sex. We had discussed the cons of going public and every time, she refused.

"Take my hand." I said louder.

She stopped and slowly turned around to look at me. As she walked back toward me, I let myself smile. She held out her hand and I gladly entwined our fingers. She let out a breath as we began walking down the board walk. The old man who was locking up all the gates gave us a look that would normally chill my spine, but this time I didn't even care.

"Kiss me."

"What? No, Danielle!" she harshly whispered.

I let go of her hand. "Do you love me?" I asked.

"Of course." she said, darting her eyes, looking anywhere but at me.

"Then kiss me." I stepped closer to her. Our lips were inches away.

Her eyes began tear up as she leaned into me and connected our lips. I heard someone say "Dyke!", but I didn't even flinch. She placed her hands into mine and kissed me again.

I may have not punched someone or ran away, but that day. I did the most rebellious thing ever. At least for Lorain, Ohio.
♠ ♠ ♠
Review?