You'll Always Find Me

Speedy Recovery

The end of the summer holidays were just around the corner and I was making a rather fast recovery. I had a concussion and had fractured my wrist in two places. I was too weak to move around much which is what held me back.

Mom and Dad would visit every day, asking me how I was, what I'd eaten, if I'd started to walk yet. I didn't really want to talk so I pretend I was tired. But in all honesty I just wanted to get to night time. That's when most of the patient in the Child's ward were asleep and the nurses were easy to get past. That meant Andy was able to visit me. He only had scratches and bruises, but the Doctors were keeping him in for a while just in case.

Tonight wasn't the same. He visited but all the while he kept looking away from me, unable to speak to my face,

"Andy? What's wrong" I spoke with a pleading in my voice, scared of what he might say,

"Nothing Shy, nothing..."

"Yes there is, I know you very well Andrew." My voice grew high pitched. He walked over to me, took my hand and looked into my eyes,

"You're parents are talking about sending you to boarding school Shy... Sending you far away from here. Very far away..." Tears were rolling down his freckled cheeks, leaving trails of heart break across his face. I couldn't breath, my chest grew tight, taking the ability to breath away from me. I heard my monitor start beeping faster and faster. I looked at Andy's horror stricken face,

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do this to you, any of it. This is all my fault! I really am sorry Shy... I love you. I really love you!" He kissed me, tears salting our lips. It was a proper kiss; a passionate one. he sped back to his ward while I waited a nurse to tend to my high heart rate. I wanted to argue with him, tell him it wasn't hist fault my parents were sending me away.



That was the last time I saw Andy before the news. The news he had broken to me.

"Shilo love, we have been thinking.. Things here are just a little rough at the moment- "

"Dad! Stop! You cant be serious, she isn't out of the hospital and you're doing it now?" My Brother burst out angrily, I just wanted them to give me the news so I could sleep.

"Nicholas, shush please! Shilo, we've enrolled you into a boarding school for this year. It's a very beautiful place, you'll love it. We just think you need to get away from here for a while" He looked at me, trying to figure out my expression.

"Because of the accident? It was only an accident Dad! Nothing that's going to scar me!"

"Shilo, please we think it'd be best" I heard my Mom pipe up from the corner, exchanging confused looks with my Dad.

"Okay.." I nodded. I knew there was no use fighting it, I just wanted to sleep.



"Well, Shilo, you have made a full and wonderful recovery, you are free to go today!" Doctor Shepherd gave me the great news. I was let free of the horrible clean white prison. I wasn't under the nurses watchful eyes. We drove home in silence. No one knew what to say to me, I sort of liked it. I didn't want to talk.

"Hear were are love" My Mom smiled as we reached the house. I ran up to my room, well rather hobbled. Walking was still fairly difficult. My room was just the way it had been left, the bed half made and my book still open from where I had been reading. I had 3 nights at home before I had to leave for boarding school. It was in Cornwall which was 5 hours away.

I began packing my large brown suitcase, all my jeans and jumpers, skirts and dresses and even my bikini, just in case. I'd like to say I'm excited but I'm not. Andy wasn't going to be there. Which meant I was alone.

Being alone is never fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler,
hope you enjoy :D
comments?