Status: Done.

The Best Surprise

The Best Surprise

It was the Christmas dinner and all the family were sit around the big fat tree all decorated with gold spheres and so many little lights. Uncle Michael was telling jokes about his childhood adventures, everybody was laughing unless me. It was “The Perfect Christmas” for everyone, except for me. All I needed wasn’t here. The Perfect Christmas was where he was. Where did he went? He went to college and was staying in that big town forever. I remember my perfect day, it was that one when I was with him at the beach right next to uncle Ken’s house, we stayed there all day long and played together as if we were children, until the sunset started and we sit on the sand enjoying it.

“Do you know what I’m feeling right now?” he asked me.

“Uhh, do I have to? ‘Cause I don’t know, Ben. C’mon, tell me,” I urged him to answer.

“Look at the sky, do you see that little bird that’s all alone and free up there?” he started, “well, it’s like if I was as free as a bird and you were the beautiful sky around me, letting me fly, watching all over. It makes me feel so much better to be with you, Lynn.”

“Oh, you have no idea.” I said smiling, remembering everything I did just to be with him.


Yeah, that summer was the best of my entire life, not even the others could reach it.
But the time passed away and he had to go to college, I had to go to high school and they were four months since the last time I saw him, now it was Christmas and all around me had some good memories about everything. I didn’t.

He left me and I felt as horrible as I could be without him. He was all I ever needed, I thought it would be easier to let him go but I was wrong. There wasn’t any day that his memory wouldn’t come up in my mind. There wasn’t any night that I wouldn’t stay at 11:11 p.m. just to make a wish, all I wished was that he appeared so that we could be together again. I tried it all just to have contact with him but unfortunately anybody had his phone number or even his e-mail. I was complete desperate.

“Are you okay, Lynn? Do you need anything? I find you weird today,” my aunt said.

“Yeah, everything is fine. Don’t worry about me, it’s just that I haven’t slept enough lately,” I responded.

“Oh, well, then you should go and get some sleep, don’t you think so?” she advised me.

“I think I should. But, it’s Christmas night, it wouldn’t be appropriate to do that. It’s supposed that this is a family night. I don’t want to ruin it,” I answered.

My aunt was about to say something but my grandpa interrupted her and everyone else that was talking.

“So… I guess it’s the surprise time. Would you like to know what the surprise is?” he said happily. Everyone was really excited about it and just yelled “yes!”.

“Okay, let’s see what it is,” my grandma said.

She got up from her sit and walked directly to the door. Nobody knew what it was but my grandparents. She opened the door and I didn’t look at there, I just heard everyone’s gasps so I turned my head a little bit and found the best surprise ever. That was him. That was Ben Hurley, the guy that owned my heart.

“Hey family. How have you been?” I found his glaze and his navy blue eyes were shiny, I couldn’t help it but smile like a fool. He was back. He was finally back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is nice for me. I don't know why but I always liked the coming-back-home stuff. Hope you like it.