She Should Have Said Yes

Short Story

Will the defendant please rise,” shouted the judge. He was calling out to Robert Shroud who was receiving the death sentence for the crime he committed just weeks ago.

On August 30th, Robert was walking down the street when he noticed the most captivating woman he had ever seen. She had beautiful blonde hair with sparkling blue eyes, and she had a very athletic body too. At first Robert was too shy to start talking to her so he went to some of her neighbors and got them to tell him her name. Later, he went to his house and got on the computer. He went into google and began stalking her. He found out everything about her. He even found out the reason why she was outside running all of the time. Pretty soon, Robert became athletic too. If he wanted her to talk to him, he would have to begin training to share common interests with her. She noticed.

“Hey! I’ve seen you around. What’s your name?” She asked.

“Robert Shroud,” he replied reaching out his hand to shake hers. When she reached and touched his hand, he felt an instant spark. He wished that he never had to let go. “What about you?”

“Sarah Campagna. I didn’t know you ran.”

“Yeah, I figured it was time to get out, ya know.” Robert tried playing it cool. It was extremely difficult for him to control himself around such a beautiful person.

Pretty soon, they became good friends. She never caught him staring into her room in the middle of the night. She never caught him hiding in her closet as she was getting dressed. She never caught him hovering over her while she slept. She was completely clueless. One day, Robert got the courage to finally tell her how he felt and he asked her on a date. It was on November 1st when he told her. She rejected him telling him that she doesn’t date her close friends. She said that she absolutely refused to cross the boundary. This made Robert red with anger. He was completely furious. He tried not to show it around her, but when he went home that day, he began plotting his revenge.

It took him an entire month to completely think out his plan. By December 3rd, they had become friends, but they weren’t as close. On that dark rainy night, he went to her house with a gym bag. He walked into her house and hid in her closet like he usually did and waited for her to fall asleep. As soon as she fell asleep, he grabbed the face mask and put it around her head. She began squirming, but was soon knocked out by the gas. Later when she woke up she found that he was keeping her prisoner in a dungeon. She felt trapped and alone. She tried opening her eyes, but she couldn’t see anything. She soon realized that she was engulfed in darkness. She felt like she was in a bottomless pit. She then heard a door open behind her. That is when the torture began. Sarah still wasn’t completely conscious so she couldn’t move. Robert went over to the table that she was lying on and bound her with ropes so she couldn’t escape. He threw her on the floor to make her suffer in anyway possible.

Rats were crawling all around her and she could feel them crawling on her. There were over fifty of them. They began nibbling on her and Robert just laughed manically. Robert was tottering on the abyss and she realized just how crazy he really was. She tried to scream, but rats crawled in her mouth. They began to eat her from the inside out crawling down her throat and into her stomach eating at her inner organs. Robert felt no pain. He stood there still laughing at her not caring that she was slowly dying. He felt that he deserved it after all the pain that he had to endure through the time that they had stopped talking. He looked down and saw tears trickle down her cheeks. This put a huge grin on his face.