Status: Complete

I'll Be There for You; As the World Falls Down

Finale

The next morning I joined Jareth for breakfast before going riding with him again. We didn't race this time. As our horses slowly trotted to the pond I decided to go ahead and tell him how I felt, "Jareth...."

"Yes Abigail?"

"I was thinking, and...well....I'm not sure that I love you, but I do feel really strong feelings that I've never felt before. I know I like you a lot, and I care about you more than anything really. If it's not love that I feel, I think soon it will be."

He smiled, "It makes me so happy to hear you say that."

I smiled back and looked into his eyes. He was my knight in shining armor.....my Prince Charming. The horses stopped and I climbed out of my saddle, as did Jareth.

"Abigail."

"Yes?"

"Could I kiss you?"

I thought about it for a moment before I nodded, and he pulled me into his arms and kissed me the way I imagined they did in the movies. It took my breath away. I felt as if there were fireworks exploding around me. It was incredible. When it was over I just stared into his mismatched eyes, dazed. "Jareth......I love you."

"I love you too," he said before pulling me into another passionate kiss. When it was over he pulled one of his crystals out and it transformed into a beautiful diamond ring. "Abigail, I've waited forever for a girl like you, will you marry me?"

I smiled and nodded. He slid the ring onto my finger and I said, "If I don't marry you, who would I marry?"

He chuckled, "Well, that doesn't matter anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just at a creative standstill, and don't really feel like writing this anymore. I might eventually do a sequel. However, I'm not starting another story ever again without completely thinking through the plot.