Status: Complete

I'll Be There for You; As the World Falls Down

Waking Up Underground

I woke up the next morning, and not to the sound of my alarm clock. "Dang it! I'm going to be late!" I jumped out of bed and as I looked around my room, I realized it wasn't my room. I was in a room the size of my house. It was elaborately decorated with carvings in the mahogany and stone walls, a gigantic bay window with a window seat shown what I was pretty sure was the sun shining through. The furniture was expensive looking mahogany with a cherry-finish and gold and pink accents. I looked around the room and seen that the bed that I had woken up in was a queen-sized canopy bed with pink silk bedding, and the same cherry-finish the rest of the furniture, along with the gold accents.

I walked to the door and it opened before I could get there. The man standing in front of me was beautiful. He was dressed in tight gray pants, a white ruffled shirt, black boots, and a blue velvet coat. His long blonde hair was done up in a way that made me think he had just stepped out of a time machine from the eighties. His face though was the most startling. He had very sharp, but beautiful features. The most startling where his mismatched eyes. One blue and the other a brownish color.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He smirked as if he was amused, "Abigail, you're really going to ask me that?"

I didn't say anything at first, but then the thought hit me like a ton of bricks, "You're him, aren't you? You're the Goblin King?"

He nodded his head.

"What do you want with me?"

"Abigail, you wished yourself here, I was only obeying."

"I didn't-"

"Oh, but you did."

"Well, I was almost asleep when I said that."

"That doesn't matter. You said it, and you meant it."

"Please, I just want to go home-"

"I have a gift for you Abigail. And it's not a gift for some ordinary girl who looks after screaming children." Out of thin air a crystal ball appeared at his fingertips.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A crystal. Nothing more, nothing less, but if you turn it like this," he said, rolling it back and forth between his hands, "It will show you your dreams. Do you want it?"

I didn't say anything and he smirked again. The crystal turned into a snake and he threw it at me. It landed at my neck and I grabbed it. As soon as my fingers touched it turned into a scarf, and as it fell to the ground it turned into an odd little creature that ran off, out of the room laughing.

"What was that?"

"A goblin. There are many of them here in the Goblin City."

"Please, I just want to go home."

"Oh, Abigail, it's too late, by now your parents, friends, family, they've all forgotten about you."

"That can't be true."

"I'll make a deal with you." He walked over to the window and looked out. I followed him. When I looked out the window I seen a very large and elaborate labyrinth reaching out across the land, "If you can make it out of the labyrinth then I'll take you back home."

"Really?"

"Yes. However," he said as a clock appeared next to him, "You must do it before the big hand reaches the nine. That gives you thirteen hours."

"And if I don't make it out?"

"Then you stay here, with me, in my castle....forever."

"That's a very long time."

"Oh Abigail, it's not long at all. You better get going if you want to go back home."

I ran out of the room, found my way down to the grand foyer and out of the castle doors. I took a deep breath as I looked at the city with all the little goblins and chickens running around. "You can do this Abigail," I told myself. "Come on," I left the city through the gates and started on my journey.