Status: Complete

I'll Be There for You; As the World Falls Down

The Journey, Part Two

After walking for what felt like hours I sat down up against a tree. My feet hurt, and the fact that I didn't have shoes, didn't help. I sighed and tilted my head back, looking up at the branches. "Giving up already, Abigail?" asked a voice.

I looked around, and then seen the Goblin King standing against a tree opposite of me.

"No, I just needed a moment to rest," I told him. "What's your name? You never told me it."

"I'm Jareth."

I didn't say anything. Jareth. At least now I had something other than "The Goblin King" to call him.

"I have something for you Abigail," he said before another one of those crystals appeared. It turned into a peach and he tossed it to me. I caught it, and it didn't turn into anything like before. "If you get hungry, you can eat that."

"Why are you giving this to me?"

"It wouldn't do you any good if you starve to death in my labyrinth."

"I guess you're right. Thank you."

"You're welcome Abigail." He disappeared after saying my name, and I got up to finish my journey. As I walked around, trying to figure out how to get out of the forest I had seemed to stumble upon I did start to feel hungry. I looked at the peach in my hand. Don't eat it, my conscience shouted at me.

I ignored it, but only because I was very hungry. I took a bite of the peach. It was sweet and delicious. After I ate it, I seemed to feel even more sleepy. I sat down to rest again, and seemed to have dozed off.

I was sitting at the desk in my room studying for a test on the Odyssey. I heard the lock in my door turn and then it slammed open. Zane was standing in the doorway screaming odd sounds at me. It was the fifth time he had done it. "Get out of my room! What if I had of been changing? You perverted little brat!" I screamed as he ran off laughing.

I got up and shut the door, locking it, again. Why couldn't I have a normal door with a normal lock that couldn't be picked with a butter knife? And why wasn't my mother watching that moronic little brat?

I sighed as I pulled my night stand in front of the door so he couldn't do it again. Why hadn't I thought of that before?

I sat back down at my desk and resumed studying. A few minutes later I heard him picking the lock again, and this time when he tried to slam it open, it didn't open, so he settled for banging on my door repeatedly and shouting those strange noises.

"Get away from my door!" I screamed at him.

He ignored me. I had a headache now because of him, and I wasn't going to be able to concentrate on my notes. Which meant, I wasn't going to remember who Penelope was, or who Circe was. I would be lucky if I even remembered who Odysseus was. I put my head in my hands and cried. I hated it here. I wanted to run away and never come back.

I opened my eyes and found myself back in the forest. "I was dreaming?" I questioned myself.

I pinched myself to see if I was still asleep, but I wasn't.

"Why do I want to go back there?" I asked myself out loud. "The only person that even seems to care about me is my dad, but he's always on the road. Maybe I should stay here."

Just then Jareth appeared. "Does that mean you've decided to stay with me, here in the Underground?"

I thought about it for a moment, then sighed, "You're not going to turn me into a goblin are you?"

"Do you want me to?" he asked, an amused look playing across his face.

I shook my head.

"Then I won't."

"Good."

"Does that mean you're staying with me?" he asked, reaching his hand out.

I took a deep breath and grabbed it, "Yes."

He smiled and within seconds we were out of the forest and back at his castle. I was in the same room I had woken up in. "You can bathe in there," he said, pointing at a pair of double doors. "Once you've cleaned yourself up, you may join me for dinner."

"Thank you," I told him.