‹ Prequel: Opposites Attract
Status: Alive as Ever

Hellos Are Harder Than Goodbyes

Chapter 9

The majority of my gym class was boys to when we were asked to team up the few girls ran to each other. I looked at my feet and hoped that I was picked and didn't have to be place with someone.

I heard someone cough and I looked up to see a red-haired guy with piercing green eyes that were staring me down. I blinked.

"Wanna be my partner?" He asked and I shrugged before nodding and stranding up.

He was about six foot and he towered over me easily. I blushed and looked down at my feet hoping I didn't embarrass myself.

The coach called for us to start crunches as the partners headed to the mats. One laid on them with their knees up as the other held onto their feet and counted each time they lifted up.

The guy went over to the mats and gestured for me to lay down, I bit my lip and did as he said laying on the mat with my knees scrunched up.

"Names Ash", he said as he held onto my feet and smiled at me. I just focused on moving my body up again and again. His eyes crinkled at the corners as he smiled.

My stomach cramped a little as I went up for my fifteenth time. Ash looked impressed and continued counting.

I didn't know how many we were supposed to do so I decided to stop at twenty-five. There was a bit of sweat on my fore-head and I wiped it off.

Ash looked at me and stood so we could switch positions. He grunted as he went up each time. He finished much faster than me and looked at me slightly smug.

I rolled my eyes. What a guy. I leaned back and cracked my neck before sitting on the mat and watching as everyone else was just starting to switch.

The teacher walked over to us and looked surprised. "We`re done, teach", Ash said in a joyful voice.

"Get to the treadmills" she said and Ash groaned before trudging over to them slowly as I followed him.

I had a feeling gym was going to be a long process.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well sorry its so short but I havent gotten any comments. I was hoping to get more from my 34 subscribers.