I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

017

We were in Florida, kicking it on a day off. Brooklyn was at my mom's, so we all got hotel rooms and rented the pool out for the day. All of the bands and crews were here as well.

So I wouldn't have to spend every night with Alexis behind a merch table, we took turns. One day she would do it and I would stay backstage with Brooklyn and vice versa.

I had on a cute neon blue string bikini and we were playing some game where we were on someone's shoulders and you wrestled. Of course James called me.

"Do you wanna play?" I called to Austin, who was sitting on the edge of the pool with his legs in the water.

"Nah, I'm good."

So me and James wrestled Cameron and Kaelan, who was just visiting for a few days.

And everytime I looked over Austin was checking me out. When we finished playing I went over and sat beside him.

"So where is your girlfriend?" I asked him as I kicked my legs back in forth.

"Actually, I don't have one. But damn, it's really hard to believe you have a kid."

"I try to stay in shape."

"Well you've done a REALLY, really good job." Austin winked at me. "Except you can see a faint line right there."

"C-section."

"Did you know a girl with gauges, piercings, and tattoos is a complete turn on for me?"

"Now I do." I smirked and he grinned back.

I giggled. "Thanks."

And then James came over and stood between my legs and pulled me off the concrete, scraping my ass, and spinning me around in the water. He kissed me and put me down.

"Have you seen Ben?"

James shook his head. "I think he is still in the hotel room."

He lifted me up and carried me over to the side of the pool and put me on the cement. I started to stand up and he slapped my ass.

I turned around and glared at him and he shrugged. "It was right in my face, I had to." He smirked.

I made my way to the room and opened the door. Ben was sitting at the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong?" I grabbed a towel and placed it beside Ben and sat on it.

"I miss her."

"Reyna?"

He nodded. "I'm surrounded by couples. Danny and Alexis, Cameron and Kaelan, you and James, and Sam's been talking to this girl for a while now."

"Well of course you're going to miss her, Ben, you were together for what, 6 or 7 years? I'm surprised you guys even dated that long considering the fact you have completely different lifestyles. You live the fast life while she wants to settle down. It's hard compromising with both, trust me, I know."

"I just feel like it was a mistake, you know? Breaking up with her. For my own selfish reasons. All she wanted was stability. And I don't blame her for that."

"She knew what she was getting into when she started dating you. Just like how I was stupid to have unprotected sex with 2 guys who live that day by day lifestyle. Brooklyn is not going to have a stable father. She won't see him for months at a time, and she's going to get tired of him not being there. I would NEVER ask James to give up what he loves to do, and if he did I wouldn't be able to live myself. And Reyna should never do that to you, either."

"I still love her. I want to be with her, only her."

"She once gave me some good advice about Danny. She had said, 'maybe it was just the right love at the wrong time'. Maybe you could just talk to her, as friends for now. Because she's probably having the same thoughts that you do."

"All she wanted was to start a family with me. I'm so fucking selfish."

"No, you're not., It's SO hard having a kid when the other half of it is gone all the time. You're alone. Every fucking day. Of course you have your friends, but they're not the one you really want with you. You did the right thing, Ben."