I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

025

We were leaving the hospital and I ducked into the back of James' car and buckled Brooklyn in carefully, she had fallen asleep.

"You know, maybe until the doctor calls back with the results, you should stay with us. Brooklyn needs both of us."

"I can't just leave Danny."

"He can come, I'm just trying to do what's best for OUR child. Wait, are you two back together again?" James scoffed.

"No, James. He kissed me earlier, and I told him no, that I didn't want to be with him anymore. There was only one fucking person that I wanted to be with, but that person doesn't want me. We will never get back together."

"And who is that person you want to be with? Austin, I suppose?"

"No, you fucking asshole! I want YOU!"

"I'm sorry, but I just don't trust you."

I shrugged. "Don't trust a whore, right?"

"Bekah, you're not-"

"You said so yourself. You don't wanna be with me, why are we even having this discussion?"

"Do you not realize we have a fucking CHILD together!"

"Yes, a child you were never around for! One that I practically raised myself!"

"Do not pull this shit on me-"

"Oh, don't even go there, James. I'm the one who stayed up with her when she was sick, never had anytime to myself, and what did you do? You toured the fucking world and partied everyday! Brooklyn was not even a month old when you left me for America, leaving me to care for her all by myself, not having a clue about what I was doing."

"I told you if you had a problem with me touring, I would put an end to it."

"So that makes me a bad person, right? Sacrificing so you could live your dream. Do everything you wanted to, leaving us behind. I'm the one who had to seriously grow up. It did not phase you NEARLY as much as it did me."

Brooklyn stirred and moved her fingers.

"I have to go." I started walking back to my car.

"Wait, what are we going to do? So I'm just going to call you when they get the results?"

"I MIGHT come over in the morning to see her and my brother, it just depends."

-------------------------

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. I climbed out of the bed and slid a pair of shorts on and made my way to the kitchen, finding Danny with two plates of pancakes.

"If you don't fucking eat I will shove this down your damn throat."

"Okay! But afterwards we have to go to Ben's, the doctor might call back with the test results today."

Danny nodded and we sat down and ate.

After the first few bites, I was feeling really sick. I put my hand over my mouth, forcing myself not to gag.

"What's wrong?" I shook my head. I knew if I spoke I would shoot pancake shit all over Danny's face.

"It's because you haven't eaten right in so long, your body can't process the food correctly."

I excused myself and threw it up into the sink. I fixed a glass of water and sat back down at the table.

"You're going to have to start off with little stuff at a time."

"How do you know all about this?"

"Because the first time I saw you after we broke up, you looked like you had lost everything you had on your bones, so I looked into it. I read about it in the recovery section. It's really interesting." Danny fixed me a small pancake and I ate that. Surprisingly, I didn't throw it up. I almost did, but I didn't.

"When do you want to leave?" I asked him.

"Whenever you want to."
♠ ♠ ♠
SEQUEL IS UP!
i KNOW you guys are going to like it.
GO SUBSRIBE!