I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

030

"Did you back your toothbrush?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Your socks?"

"Yup."

"Your jacket?"

"Mhm."

"Your-"

"Bekah, we have everything!" James laughed. "Can we please just go now?"

"Where are you guys going again?"

"To California for a week, and I don't want to forget anything, but James isn't helping!"

"Okay did you pack your tampons just in case? Your vagina? Because I'm going to need that."

I glared at James. "I was just TRYING to help, smart ass. Did you get your phone charger?"

James gave me a sarcastic look and then blushed. "I may have forgotten that one..." He ran back into his room and grabbed it.

"Why are you and Daddy leaving again?" Brooklyn asked.

"Just to have some time together, we'll be back before you know it! You get to stay here with uncle Ben and Sam and Cameron and Reyna and even Kaelan and Danny! You're not even going to miss us!"

"I will, though." I picked her up and gave her a big hug, kissing her cheek. I grabbed my huge ass bag and walked over to the door.

"No, no, I'll get it. You'll fall down the stairs and I don't need you breaking your back." James picked up my bag and grunted. "What the fuck Bekah, what the fuck do you have in here?!"

"Just stuff, ya'know." I smiled at him and kicked his ass when he walked out.

"You guys are so nice to each other." Sam laughed.

"I know right?" I smiled.

-------

We landed in California and got into a taxi, we had rented a small condo on the beach. Oh yeah, it was nice.

"Can you believe it?" James asked me. "A whole week to ourselves! No family drama, no nothing! Just our lovins'." James picked me up from the waist behind and swung me around the room, throwing me on the bed.

"Wait, I need to shower." I removed James' fingers around from my belt loop and got up.

"Can I come then? We haven't had sex at all since we've been back together."

"No. because you complain about the water being to hot!"

"You put it on boiling! Of course I'm going to complain!" I dragged my suitcase into the bathroom and shut the door, locking it.

I got out of the shower and thought that James did deserve a little bit of something, so I picked out a lace-y bra and a thong to match.

"Ahem." I said, peaking out of the door. He was laying on the bed watching TV.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." I exited the bathroom and dropped my necklace on purpose. "Oops." I put my back to him and bent down and picked it up.

"Really, Bekah? What you're doing is not very nice, ya know."

"What are you talking about?"

He groaned and got off the bed and slammed me into a wall.

--------------

The week James and I had blew by. We were boarding the plane to go home.

"So tomorrow's Valentine's Day..." James started.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go out to dinner? Just the two of us?"

"I'd love to, James." He squuezed my hand and kissed my cheek, and then I got a text from Danny.

Danny: Did you REALLY fly across the fucking world with James, and not tell me about it?!

I closed the message and laid my head back, falling asleep.

-----------

"Mommy, why are you leaving again?"

"We're just going out to eat, baby, and Reyna made you a perfectly good mac and cheese plate! You better eat it so she doesn't get mad!" Brooklyn giggled and ran into the kitchen.

"Are you all ready to go?" James asked me.

"Mhm. Do I look okay?"

"Beautiful." I smiled and grabbed his hand and we walked out of the apartment.

I hadn't heard from Danny since I ignored his text, and he hasn't came around yet, and I was scared when he would. I never intended to hurt him, but I was so happy with James, and I knew it would break his heart. He's tried so hard to get me back, but I just couldn't get back on the psychotic roller coaster in hell we were on.

After we had eaten, James suggested we went to the park where they were shooting fireworks. He had let me worn his jacket and we were just watching the lights.

"I-I need to I mean I want to ask you s-something."

"What?" I looked up at him.

"Will you marry me, Bekah?"
♠ ♠ ♠
DONE
so only 25 people have subscribed out of 50! the link is at the top right, you dont have to scroll back up or anything! it's there!
it is called
"Even Though I'm On My Own, I Know I'm Not Alone"
the first chapter will be up soon, but you can already subscribe to the story
and i would love to have exactly 40 comments or more on this <3
i love you guys