I'll Be Damned If You're the Death of Me

005

---5 months later---
"He's out?" I was sitting at the counter with Brooklyn, who turned 4 last month.

"Well, they had to get him out, he's kind of the vocalist for the band." Kaelan laughed.

"Why the fuck did James or anyone not tell me about this?"

"How are you and James anyways?"

"We were good... until I got this news..."

"Well, maybe that's why he didn't tell you Danny got out. He's either staying with me and Cameron or you guys."

I scoffed. "I would die."

She laughed. "Alright well I'll talk to you later."

I hung up the phone and looked at Brooklyn. "I'll be right back." I got up and made my way into Ben's room. "Why did you not tell me Danny got out?"

Ben stretched and yawned. "I didn't think it would be such a big deal."

I gave him a sarcastic look. "Is that where James went? To go get his ass?"

Ben nodded. I walked out and slammed the door.

"Who's out, Mommy?"

I knew if she saw him she wouldn't want him to leave.

And then they walked in. Danny threw his bag down. "Brooklyn!" He held his arms out.

"DANNY!" She ran towards him and he scooped her up. I crossed my arms and glared at James. He shrugged.

"We'll be right back." James told Danny. He grabbed my arm and pushed me into his room, shutting the door.

"I'm going to get coffee. I'll be right back, baby." I quoted. "Thanks for telling me you were going to get my ex boyfriend out of jail!"

"I knew if I told you you wouldn't have let me gone! I have do to what's best for the band."

"You could have fucking told me, instead I found out from Kaelan."

"I'm sorry. But you don't have anything to worry about. I told him that you and I were together, and that he needed to leave you alone. It almost started a fight, but he understands."

"For now. Wait until you leave to go somewhere."

"You'll be fine." He smiled. I got on my tippy toes and pecked him. He pulled me back in and kissed me a roughly. I started to walk away and he grabbed my ass.

"Do you always have to do that?" I laughed.

"You have a nice ass, I can't help it."

"Mmmmmm. Sure." We walked out and Brooklyn was coloring at the table. She got up.

"Mommy, Danny's home!"

"I see that, baby."

"HUG!"

"Brooklyn-"

"You hug Daddy all the time, hug Danny!"

"I'm not going to bite you." Danny chuckled.

I sighed and hugged him. It was very short.

"Brooklyn, do you want to go stay with Nana tonight?"

She nodded. Ben took her over there. "On the way back I'll pick up some a-l-c-o-h-o-l." He spelled. He grabbed Brooklyn's hand and walked out the door.

"What's up, man." Sam walked out of his room that used to be Danny's room and hugged him.

"Nothing much."

"Well, I'm going to take a shower." James stated. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt.

"Don't leave me in here with him." I whispered.

"I'll be right back." He leaned down and kissed me. It lingered and Danny coughed. James pulled away and went to his room.

I sighed. Sam felt the awkwardness and went back to his room, leaving me and Danny alone.

"So how have you been?" He asked me.

"Great."

"Listen-"

"Danny, we can't get back together. I'm trying to be with the father of my child, and what's best for Brooklyn. It obviously wasn't best to be with you."

"I understand that. But I'm telling you I'm done with all of that. I'm going to the last drug party tonight to tell everyone that I'm done. And I'd like you to come with me."

"Why?"

"Because if I had no one I truly cared for, I wouldn't be trying to stop. You're the reason, of course. So will you come?"

"It depends on what James is doing tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and subscriptions make me extremely happy.