Plan B

uh...?

Plan B - By Holly Smith. 18/2/07

When Mom died two years ago, the only living relative was a grandma living over in Canada somewhere. So I got put into this all boys boarding school. I absolutely hate it, the food is awful, the teachers are so horrible to you and sometimes I cant even use the toilet because some idiotic guy has vandalised them. I could handle that, so could many other boys but the one thing I couldn’t handle, was the bullying. I’m in Form 5 now, but the bullying has been going on ever since Form 3. My so called “friend” let it slip that I had no family other than a gran and guess who found out? Yep, it was Tommy Fields.

Tommy Fields is the meanest and toughest guy in our school. Everyone is scared of him and try to stay out of his way as much as they can. He’s not the sharpest knife in the draw when it comes to his Math and English, he is always in detention but he’s in the rugby first IV, captain of the cricket team and is an all round star athlete. Typical cretin! I have decided to take action, my revenge will be sweet.

Plan A will be pulling a sicky so I can do some research. Lucky no one knows about my laptop. The school is yet to find out why their internet usage bill is so high.. MWHAHAHA!!! Evil genius that I am.

Plan B..? All will be revealed.

Tuesday.
It’s 6:00am. Research Time.

I’m laying in bed looking up at the holes in my ceiling. Today my “illness” is a fever. I got up very early and ran around outside getting my self really hot and sweaty. My lap top was in the bottom draw of my desk. My thoughts and planning locked up in my head. I heard the bell ring, all the boys were making their way down to breakfast while silently plotted.
At about 7:30am there was a knock on my door.
‘Come in.’ I croaked. The dorm mother walked in.
‘John! Why are you still in bed!?’ Mrs Waters barked at me.
‘I think I’m sick, ma’am.’ I said looking up at her. She peered at me curiously.
‘Come.’
I climbed out of bed and smiled to myself.

As the school nurse examined me I hoped like hell that my plan would work. She look at me in a weird way.
‘OK, your sick. Go back to your dorm and stay in bed. Rest,’ Rachel said. (We were allowed to call her by her first name). She was very nice.
When Rachel turned back around I quickly looked at the thermometer. My temperature was normal. Oh no!
‘Well you better go, before you fever gets worst.’ She winked at me.
‘Thank you, Rachel.’ I said, ‘bye.’
‘Bye.’
YES!! My plan had worked, all thanks to Rachel.

Back in my room I search the internet for things vital for my plan
I just realised that is was Sports Day today! Excellent. This is all going to work out, I thought to myself. I opened my door and looked both ways. No one in the corridors. Good.
I quickly made my way down to the library, as I knew there were certain books to help me build some key gadgets.

Wednesday.
Its 9:30am. First Period, Woodwork.

When no one was looking I grabbed a screw driver, slipped it into my pocket and smiled to my self.
‘What you smiling about?’ Tommy Fields said, an evil glint in his eye.
‘You wouldn’t understand.’ I said turning off the bandsaw. I know can’t hurt me in class, but will probably get me after. Crap, bad move John, bad move.
‘Try me.’ Tommy Fields sneered.
‘Um, no its OK, I don’t feel like it.’ I quickly walk closer to the teacher.
‘Wimp.’ Tommy Fields whispers.
I don’t care about what he says anymore, ok well that’s a lie. But in the back of my mind I know that he’s going to get IT. 10 fold.
We have a school hall which is fire proof, when the fire alarm goes off we are meant to all assemble into the hall, where the teachers do roll call. I, personally think it’s a stupid idea. But the teachers and the bored think it is.
This is board for my plan, so I can get everyone in the same place at the same time.

Thursday.
11:00pm
Tonight is a practice run, seeing if I can set up in time before anyone catches me.
I creak down the stairs.
Out in the corridors it was freezing! The wooden floors were cold under my bare feet.

I can see it, the little red box with glass and a black switch saying. On and Off.
I take the screw driver out of my pocket, unscrewing the box and softly putting it on the floor. Calculated that it will take me 7 minutes to walk down the corridors, open the little red box and set the alarm.
I can hear distant footsteps so I quickly screw the box back onto the wall, remembering to do it lightly. Then quickly, but as silently as I can, I make my way back up the corridors. Just as I am about to open my dorm door there was a voice behind me.
‘John, what are you doing?’ It was Rachel.
‘Uh.. Um.. I was using the toilet.’ I mumble. Then regret it when I realise the toilets are the other way.
‘Odd. Well you better get back to bed then. Goodnight.’ She walked off, humming a tune.
Friday. 3:45pm
Time to put Plan B into action.

This time I wait, making sure that no one will be awake. All in their beds dreaming, totally oblivious to what is going to happen.
My hands are sweating, and I can’t eat any dinner because I am so nervous.

Luckily the moon is out tonight, and lights up the corridors like it is day.
Funny, tonight my footsteps seem to bounce off the walls and jump into my ears.
I am breathing hard already and I haven’t even started!
There it was. The little red box. Unscrewing the screws I smile to myself. It is all going to turn out fine.
I set the alarm, it is connected to my phone by one of my wireless gadgets. I’m so smart.

As I walk into the school hall, the smell of polished floors and smelly shoes fill my nose. I don’t care, all I care about is my plan.
I walk up the steps to the stage and pull out the disk crammed full of embarrassing photos of Tommy Fields. Thanks to trusty google. ( I personally like the one were he’s dressed up like Cinderella, and is kissing the “prince” which I think is another guy.) Laughing to myself I pull down the film screen and pop the disk into the DVD projector.
Back in my room I slide into my bed still fully clothed, pull the covers up to my chin. And wait.
My room is a small one. Four walls, a wardrobe inset with a full length mirror, a little desk littered with my school books, a bookcase, a single bed with squeaky springs and a chair with my cellphone on it. The alarm is set for 5:30 am. In four minutes, it will go off.