The New Girl on the Block

Chapter 9.

"Guys, guess what!" Zach said, coming over to the lunch table. "What!?" Nathan, and Cameron said. Michael was too busy stuffing his face, and I just sat there. "I have a date tomorrow night!" Zach smiled. "With who?" All three of the guys asked. "Kallie." Zach smiled, and I looked at Cameron to see his expression. "Congrats, Zach." Cameron smiled, and grabbed my hand underneath the table, lacing our fingers together.

After lunch, we all walked to fourth period together. Kallie was in our fourth period. Kallie ended up sitting at the desk infront of Zach. She usually sits at the front of the room, but not today. Cameron and I, both looked at Kallie, then at each other. "Come on." He sighed, and we walked to our normal seats beside Nathan.

"Do you guys wanna hit up the mall after school today?" Nathan asked us. "Yeah man! I need some new hightops." Michael said. "You up for it, new girl?" Nathan smiled at me. "Sure." I smiled. "Sounds good." Cameron said.

---

Zach invited Kallie to come with us. Kallie pulled Zach away from the rest of the group, and they went their own seperate way. Kallie was the girl, who loved shopping. She had to have everything she wanted. Me on the other hand, hated shopping. Nathan, Michael, Cameron, and myself just walked around. We went into the Converse store so Michael could get his new pair of hightops. He was so excited, he couldn't wait to put them on.

"I don't have a good feeling about them." Nathan said, as we were walking around. "About who?" Cameron asked. "Kallie, and Zach." Nathan said. "It's just.. Odd." Michael said. "Agreed." Cameron, and Nathan said in unison. "I think she's up to something." Michael added. "Of course she is." I mumbled under my breath, hoping no one would hear me. I felt Cameron squeeze my hand gently. I looked up at him, and he was looking back at me. I could tell he had heard what I said.

The four of us decided to go to the giant cookie store that was in the mall. Nathan told me they had every kind of cookie you could imaginie, along with cookie cakes, cupcakes, etc. We all got drinks, and whatever cookie we wanted. I had a snickerdoodle, Nathan had one sugar, one chocolate chip, and one with sprinkles. Michael had three chocolate chip cookies, and Cameron had a cookie sandwhich, which was one cookie with icing on it, and then another cookie on top.

We found a table at the food court, and sat down. The four of us just laughed, and made small talk. "How are you liking California so far, new girl?" Michael asked. "It's different." I said. "But you like it here better, right?" Nathan joked. "Oh, yeah. Totally, Nathan." I laughed. It was starting to get late, and we didn't hear from Zach. He wouldn't answer any of the guys texts, so we just left. I hugged Nathan, and Michael bye, and Cameron and I walked to his car.

---

"You walk to school, right?" He asked me, on our way home. "Yeah, my parents haven't bought me a car here yet." I laughed. "Well, I can pick you in the mornings." He smiled. "No, I can't ask you to do that Cameron. Thank you though." I said. "No, really. It's no problem. I want to." He glanced at me, flashing his perfectly white smile. "Are you sure? I don't want you to feel like you have to though.." "Haley, it's fine. I don't mind at all." He smiled. "Fine. If you insist." I said, smiling at him.

Cameron, and I walked up to my front door. "There's been something I've been meaning to ask you." He said, stuffing one of his hands into his front pocket. "Okay, go." I said, looking at him. "Well, I was wondering if you'd like to be first girlfriend?" He said, scratching the back of his neck. "Wait, what?" I asked him, not sure if I heard him correctly. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiled slightly. I smiled at him, nodding. "I'd love to." I said, smiling. "Really?" He smiled, quickly wrapping his arms around me for a tight hug.

I burried my face into his shoulder, smiling. "I've wanted to ask you that since the first day I met you." He laughed. "Ew, why?" I joked. "Just because you're beyond amazing." He smiled, still holding me in a tight hug. "Far from it, but thank you. You're not so bad yourself Mr. Quiseng." I smiled. "I try, I try." He laughed. "Well it works." I laughed.

"So, I'll call you after I get home good." He smiled. "Okay, be careful driving home." I said. "I always am." He said, hugging me again. "I'll talk to you shortly." He said, kissing my forehead before walking off my porch.

"Oh, and one more thing." He said, before reaching his car. "What's that?" I asked him. "I told you Kallie had nothing on you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. Sorry, it's short. But, I kinda liked it.
What did you think?
What would you like to see in the next chapter?

Keep commenting, or else I won't update. And that's a promise.

Thanks to sdill, Celeste13, MyAngel, gabytefel, mich3ll3allstar, Suddenly, Katielyn1, benyaaaaaa, KriziaAllstar, AllstarItemUSA, and ALLSTARLOVE333 for commenting on the last chapter.

Please keep commenting. <3