Status: .....;)

Actors on a Stage

Whats so Wrong About the Truth?

Maybe being a superhero wasn’t all that easy, but that probably was only my opinion. The thing was, I’ve known my “arch enemy” since like we were babies. Scary huh? Yeah we were friends when we were little up in till like, our junior year in high school. Why we became enemies? Well, you know when you go to high school and you just kind of grow up, and then it was all cliché? We that was how it happened, but we were okay with in till the summer before we became juniors. We just kind of grew apart because of the cliques.
Well I bet your wondering, ‘who is this freak talking about his life story’ *dramatic sob.* Well I’m the supposed “superhero” of this story and my name is, Raven, yes like the bird. Hardy har har yea funny, right? No. And my “arch enemy” of this story is well named, Ghost, actually is a ghost if you ask me. If you want to know what happens in our story. Please keep reading. If not, well go away. I actually like reading and writing I think I could make a living off of it, like I know this site, Mibba, and like I put stor-. Sorry of fsubject.
Right about now I’m at the zoo, well actually school, some people call it. *Smirk* Yes I still go to school, I’m just a senior but not for much longer. Did you know me and Ghost have school together, and every class together. Yes we go to school and everybody knows we have “super powers” I don’t think there very “super” to me. What’s sad was that our school was “Freak High” hah. Because only people that have powers come here and the rest of New York City, well doesn’t. Yes I live in New York City. What the school doesn’t know is that, everybody has an arch enemy here, and Ghost and I are just that.
Well, if you want know what our powers are, keep reading. Mine are: super strength, invisibility, super genius, and speed. Ghost’s are: Flying (lucky), telepathy (probably reading mine as I’m thinking), able to change into anything she touches with her hands (why she wears gloves all the time). Normal stuff, well to us. *sigh* “Were some strange people,” I repeat over and over to my self.

*Ghost’s POV*

Yes, I’m Ghost, and I am reading Raven’s mind. HE. IS. STUPID. *smirks* I go up behind him and hear him keep mumbling the same thing over and over again. Again I say, STUPID. I get real close to him and he still hasn’t noticed. *laughs secretly to self* I take a deep breath and then lean towards his ear and yell, “THE ELEPHANTS ARE IN THE HOUSE!!” He’s out of his chair and holding his desk above his head in a flash. Quick as a flash, as people say. I’m on the floor laughing my head of. I can feel his glare on me and it just makes me laugh even harder. Ahh fun.
Yes the war has begun, for today. Of course we have a new war about something stupid all the time, but today was different. Raven didn’t try to get me at school no he didn’t even look at me at all, he didn’t even think about what he was going to do to me. Now I’m scared. Who wouldn’t be, that guy is huge and has super strength. But now the fun starts.

*Raven’s POV*

Ghost is going to get it. This is the last time she has embarrassed me in front of people. I didn’t know how but she was going to get it. Some super genius I was. I didn’t think about anything today, just nothing. I didn’t know why but I wanted to be friends with her again, just remembering how random she was just makes me laugh.

*Flashback*

“Raven! Raven! Raven! Guess what!” I could help but laugh at her baby voice she was saying my name in.
“What?” I would try so hard not to laugh at my own baby voice.
She looks at me with big doe eyes “I saved a turtle, and he took me to his under water kingdom and gave me a magical box!!” You just had to say it in a secret shushed tone of hers.
I looked like she was from mars and was telling me to come back to it with her. Were like 14, 15 maybe but when we were friends we used to say we loved each other. Never saw that coming now did you?
“Hey, why do you always laugh at me?” She wined but I new she was just kidding.
“Because I have a magical box too!!” Not long after we were rolling on the ground around us laughing like we were 4.

*End of Flashback*

Ever since that day my motto has been ‘what life hands you is all you got, no matter how many times you fought.’ Weird huh? I don’t know what happened but the next thing I knew I was in front of Ghost’s door. I bet your wondering what I was doing. I was going to tell her I wanted to be friends with her again, and I know that’s not going to be easy.
I pushed the doorbell and the next thing I knew Ghost was there and her hand was going towards my face. My mind didn’t react fast enough and it me square in the jaw. I looked at her dumbfounded. SHE. JUST. PUNCHED. ME. I was about to ask why when she was trying to push me out of her way. I could see tears starting to come out of her eyes, she didn’t want to do this but she just couldn’t stop her self and I could tell.
“I hate you, I can read your mind stupid, you were thinking about that day, I hate you, is that all you can think about, the past? I hate the past, the good times we had together. But we fight and fight and fight, why, we were best friends, we loved each other?” She just pushed, kicked, and punched me, but was getting no where. I looked down at her, she regrets the past, she hates me, but she’s crying. I could I believe her. I did the only thing I could think of. I slapped her across the face to try to wake her up from her trance.
She stepped back and held her swelling cheek and looked at me like I was from a distant planet, I wish I was now. Her face became red and she brought her free hand back and punched me and took of her gloves and touched the metal doorknob. She instantly turned to metal and smirked before she threw another punch at me but I moved away fast. She punches hard enough already metal was only going to make it worse. I went invisible and walked up behind her. I could tell she was trying to read my mind, so I left it blank and when it became hard I started thinking about music.
She groaned and started just kicking and punching at random parts of the air. I went up behind her trying to be quiet I grabbed one of her hands. She swung towards where I was standing and hit me in the jaw again, I swear if she keeps hitting me in the jaw it’s going to break. The only good thing was that now that I was holding her hand she turned back to herself and was still trying to free herself. I grabbed her other hand and pulled her to the ground where I now sat. She fell straight to her butt and started squirming. I got up still holding her hands and sat on her stomach. She started squirming again.
“If you keep squirming I’m going to slap you again so just stop and give up. And tell me why you hate me.” She sighed she knew I wouldn’t slap her again because that would mean letting her hands go and giving her a chance of hitting me, but she still stopped struggling against me.
“You keep dwelling on the past and I hate that. Why do you have to keep going back to the good days before we knew we had superpowers, when we said we loved each other?” She was blushing at the last thing she said and looked away from me. I couldn’t help and laugh at her. And smirk of course. She remembers it too and she thinks about it all the time.
“I liked the past better than this. We never used to fight. We imagined turtles bringing us to their under water kingdom and giving us a magical box. And I knew what we felt for each other. Everybody knows that this whole “arch enemies” is a façade. We are just actors on a stage to them.” When I finished my little I guess speech, I noticed I let go of her hands and I wasn’t sitting on her anymore but she was sitting in my lap as I sat “Indian style”. I smiled down at her.
“We had our eyes on the town when we were little didn’t we?” I nodded at her and then looked away.
“You were smiling then too.” I couldn’t look her in the face. She would know that I watch her so intently that I knew she hasn’t smiled since we lost our friendship.
“You’re a stalker aren’t you? That’s just creepy Raven, you know that right?” She laughed at me and pecked me on the jaw bone, and got up and stuck her hand out to me.
“Yeah I know right? Like seriously who stalks people these days? No, not me I actually go into your room at night and take you out the window, and skip down the yellow sidewalk with you in my arms!” She looks like she was terrified to go to sleep now. I laughed at her face.
I reached up and took her hand and looked at her skeptically. If she didn’t just practically kiss me then I would just laugh at her and start asking if we had our friendship back. She laughed when she saw my face. I laughed along nervously.
“I’m sorry I punched and kicked and pushed you Raven, I want to be friends, but what will we tell everybody?” She looks at me quizzically. I smile as I wrap my arms around her waist.
“It’s okay and we’ll just tell them the truth. Okay?” She looks don at my arms and then back up at me over and over again.
“And what’s the truth, Raven?” A huge grin spread across my face before I smirked.
“That I love my “arch enemy” simple as that, Ghost. But don’t disappear on me, now that’s my job.” She blushes and looks down, and shakes her head.
“I never liked superheroes, they don’t know what’s good if it walked right up into their face. They cant except the fact that everybody has their own opinion on life.”
“Well I never like bad guys but like people say, ‘ were actors on a stage’

I bet you were thinking this was going to be a superhero story where I kill the super villain, or put them in jail. Nope this is the exact opposite. Who said superheroes and super villains couldn’t fall in love?