Status: active, but no promises on how soon in between chapters, we get distracted easily

Ahoy, Captain!

Segundo

Tongue-tied and oh so squeamish,
you never fell in love
did you get what you deserved?
Dead by My Chemical Romance


I watched amused and slightly nervous as Teagan and Nathan ran into the house, chattering away, leaving me standing next to Destery outside. I looked at him a bit awkwardly, while Teagan felt comfortable just running into his house, I wasn't sure if that hospitality extended to me.

He looked like he was hesitating about something, and I was about to make up some excuse to go back to the house but right when I was about to open my mouth he blurted out, "did you see me, er, destroying my TV?" I nodded, a bit confused as to why he asked that.

"Oh. Um, hey, I'm usually not like that. I was just getting really mad at this video game and…well, if you didn't want to hang out here with Teagan and us, I get that, but I really hope you do." He looked a bit bashful and so adorable as he mumbled that, so regardless of feeling out of place, I reassured him that I figured as much, and followed him through the door.

"This is...cozy." was all I could say as I took in the single room house. It was tiny. I could see what looked like a bathroom and closet behind separate doors, but unless he had some false wall, it looked like just one room. He laughed, before diving to break up the fight Teagan and Nathan were starting.

"Ladies, ladies, play nice!" I giggled out. I was mock glared at by Nathan and smiled at by Teagan.

"Hey, Rachel, why don't you come pick the game, since we can't seem to agree", Teagan asked. I hesitantly wandered over to look at his massive collection of video games, before smiling and selecting the Super Mario n64 game. It was on of the few I recognized. Teagan and Destery cheered, while Nathan groaned and grumbled.

"I suck at this game, why this particular game? Why not Zelda? I like Zelda, it..." he trailed off and shut up when he saw Tea's glare, and then started up again with, "I love this game! It’s the most amazing game ever! Thank you so much for picking this game Rachel!” Destery and I almost fell over laughing, while Tea just sat there nodding at him with a smug smile.

“Hey, Rachel, come sit over here” Destery called, patting a spot on the bed next to him. I sat down shyly, looking at him out of the corner of my eye. He grinned at me. “Lets let them play each other first, or they’ll just keep complaining until we do,” he whispered as he scooted back on the bed and leaned against the wall. I copied him, and together we sat there and watched them play, fight and curse for an hour before Destery decided that he wanted to play and wrestled the controllers from them. I wandered over and joined him, and consequently beat his ass.

Hours passed before Teagan and I finally were summoned home by my mother’s shrieks and made our goodbyes.

“Well, my loves, as you could hear from the shrieks emitting from Rachel’s phone, we’re needed back at home” Teagan shouted at she stood up and went to hug Destery and Nate. I stood up as well and stretched, and saw Destery eyeing the sliver of skin that showed when I raised my arms. I quickly dropped them, blushing slightly. I waved goodbye and moved to follow Teagan out the door before I was tackled by Nate in a hug. I stumbled, startled, but hesitantly returned it this time.

Nathan smiled at me before saying, “Sorry, but no one leaves here without a hug!”

“Oh, all right. Thanks for today, it was a lot of fun.” I said before turning and walking to the door where Destery was leaning against the frame. He held his arms open, giving me a chance to refuse, but I stepped forward and returned the hug. He was warm, and smelled amazing, obviously he knew how to properly wear axe. I returned his grin as I stepped back, and waved as we walked out the door and crossed his yard and the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to Madiggen Massacre., cause I had kinda sorta forgot about the story until she commented. I think this update is longer than my first, but I'm not sure and pages doesn't tell me how many words I typed. But, here it is! Thank you all readers, subscribers, and commenters.

Subscribers gives us warm fuzzies, comments make then breed.