Faded Memories

Lips Are Sealed

Ah, sleep. Sleep is something we all love, especially after a long, tiring day. When someone interrupts me when I sleep, it really ticks me off.

It was the middle of the night and I could hear a tap on my balcony door. I wasn’t expecting anyone. First thing that came to my mind was a kidnapper. I grabbed my phone and the tennis racket underneath my bed. I tiptoed to the door and slowly opened it. Just as I was about to smack the tennis racket against the person’s head, the person put their hands up.

“I’m innocent.” The male voice said with his hands still in the air.

I squinted, barely able to see the male’s face in the dark. “Cameron?” I dropped the racket on the floor. “What in the world are doing at my house at”, I glanced at my digital clock, “3:00 in the morning?” I threw my hands in the air.

“Sorry, but I really needed to talk to you.” He apologized.

“And it couldn’t wait until the morning?” I told him in a low, angry voice. “I thought you were a kidnapper for a second.” He chuckled and stuffed his hands in his jean pockets. “It’s not funny, Quiseng.” I called him by his last name.

“Someone’s cranky.” I could feel him smirking at me.

“Because you woke me up!”

“I said I was sorry.” He apologized once more. “So, can we talk?”

I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. We sat on the floor and observed the stars for a while.

“Sorry for acting weird earlier.” He finally spoke.

I looked at him a smiled. “It’s fine. I mean, if it’s something you want to keep to yourself, its fine. Just remember, I’m always here if you need someone to talk to.”

He looked at his hands and shook his head. “I really wish I could tell you.”

“Tell me what?” I asked with curiosity.

“It’s complicated.” He got up from the ground. “But promise me when I tell you, you won’t freak out.”

“I promise.” I got up and gave him a hug.

***


“Where are you going?” The voice yelled at me. I kept on walking and waited for the car to pull up in front of me. I didn’t dare look back.

“Anywhere where you’re not.” I yelled at the mysterious person, still not looking back. I opened the car door and sat inside. As we pulled out of the driveway, tears began to stream down my face. I finally looked at the person’s face, but was unable to see since my vision was blurred by my tears.

“Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?” I could feel a person’s eyes on me, their voice sounded as if they were worried. I shook my head no and kept it down. I looked out the window, the sky so dark and the stars seemed faint. It wasn’t long before I could hear someone screaming and my whole world went black.

I woke up, tears streaming down my face. I wiped them with my sleeve and lifted myself up. I looked up to find the guys giving me a weird look.

“Whoa.” I brought my sheets up to my chest, only to realize I was wearing clothes. “You guys freaked me out. Who the hell watches a girl sleep?” I stared blankly at them as they laughed at me.

“You’re sister let us in and thought it was a good way to freak you out since you forgot we were supposed to go to the beach today.” Michael told me. I slapped my hand onto my forehead.

“I totally forgot. I would’ve woken up earlier and remembered if it wasn’t for this boy over here that woke me up in the middle of the night.” I pointed to Cameron who gave me a cheesy smile.

The guys furrowed their eyebrows together and looked at him. “I went over to her house at 3:00 in the morning.” Their eyes slightly widened and Cameron realized why and his eyes widened also. “To talk to her.” They sighed of relief.

“Look, guys. If we want to make it to the beach early, you guys gotta get out of my room so I can change.” The guys left the room and I jumped out of bed, trying to get ready as quick as I could. Cameron said he’d teach me how to surf. I told him I wanted to leave early because I didn’t want a ton of people watching me wipe out. As soon as I finished getting ready and packing up, I bolted to the door.

“Abigail Mackenzie Williamson, come eat breakfast.” I heard my sister yell from the kitchen. Autumn Williamson was my sister and all I had left. She was like a mom to me ever since my parents passed away. I dragged my feet into the kitchen only to find the guys shovelling food into their mouths.

“Abby, you gotta eat. You’re sister is an amazing cook.” I heard Nathan say between bites. I grabbed a plate and started food putting on it.

“I almost forgot how well your sister cooks.” Zach wiped his mouth with a napkin. Michael immediately nudged him, nearly knocking him over.

“But this is the first time my sister has ever cooked for you guys.” I eyed him suspiciously.

“Right, sorry. I was thinking of someone else.” Zach tried to cover up.

First Cameron, now the rest of the guys are acting weird? Are these guys hiding something I don’t know?
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you didn't know, the thing after the balcony scene is actually a dream Abby had. Just thought I'd put that out there for those who may have been confused.
Thanks for the comments and subscriptions, guys. They mean a lot to me. :)
I may or may not be able to update tomorrow because my internet has been going on and off. I'm getting it fixed tomorrow, but I can't promise you that it will be up tomorrow. I'll post it as soon as I can.
-Valerie