Status: Finished!

Matchmaker

Chapter Five: Mayday Parade

Morgan left early that morning, so I woke up with the apartment to myself. I took a few hours and unpacked all of my junk.

By two o’clock, I was ready for a nap and come company.

Almost like it was on cue, I heard a knock at the door.

“Leave you keys here, did you?” I asked as I opened the door, assuming it was Morgan.

“Hey,” Rupert greeted me with a smile.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, feeling my cheeks flush. I stood before him in sweat pants and a tank top, a complete mess.

“I knew Morgan and Dan were going out this morning, I figured you could use some company,” he said, brushing past me. “We never did get to watch Hercules, the bet was never won.”

“Well… I kinda… didn’t expect anyone coming over,” I said, putting my messy hair up in a ponytail.

“That’s alright. You still look… cute,” he said, smiling at me, his ears turning red. Wow. “Plus, I brought you some ice cream. We never did get to go out and get some. I hope chocolate is okay.”

I’m sure you guys will hit it off! Morgan’s words were ringing in my ears. I don’t need to worry about a boy. Especially a really attractive one.

“Listen, I appreciate you coming over and all, but…. I really don’t feel like company right now,” I choked out. What a lie.

“Oh, c’mon, you’ve been alone all morning! It’ll be fun,” he said, smiling. Oh Lord, that smile.

“Rupert. I’m serious,” I said.

“Well, why not? I’ve be-“

“Rupert!” I said a bit louder than I anticipated. He grew silent.

“Alright… sorry I bothered you,” he said, looking down at the tub of ice cream in his hands.

“It’s alright… I’ll have Dan call you or something…” I said softly. He nodded, heading out the door.

“Yeah… alright. Thanks,” he said. I nodded once and softly shut the door behind him when he left. I sighed and leaned against the door. I did want to sound mean. That’s the last thing I wanted.

But I had to stay true to my word. I didn’t want to fall for him. The last thing I needed was boy, not to mention a famous one. God, I haven’t even thought of that one…

Staying away from him is the only way I wouldn’t fall for him.

“What the hell was that about?” Morgan scared me when she yelled, opening the door.

“What are you talking about?!” I asked, losing my balance slightly.

“Don’t play dumb, I saw Rupert leaving. He looked defeated. What’d you do?” she asked.

“I didn’t do anything!” I said.

“Oh, please. Did you turn him down or something?” she asked.

“Morgan. Relax,” Dan said, walking in after her. She sighed.

“What happened?” she asked.

“He came over without warning me so I said I didn’t feel like company,” I said. Well, it wasn’t completely a lie.

“So you’re saying if he had called, you would have let him come over?” she asked, smirking.

“He doesn’t have my number, smart ass,” I said. Moron. I shouldn’t have said anything. Morgan took Dan’s phone from his back pocket and typed out some things, smiling.

“Now he does. Expect a text,” she smirked. I groaned.

“Why are you insisting on getting us together?!” I asked angrily.

“I’m not!” she giggled. I rolled and headed into our room, locking the door. She and Dan were muttering things out in the living room, but I turned the TV on to drown them out.

The last thing I wanted was for Rupert to not like me. Then again, I didn’t want him to like me like me. Morgan was no help, either.

This seems like an excellent time for some Mayday Parade.

Stereo on. World off.