Status: There will be a sequal

Afraid of Forever

FOUR

I'm standing behind the closed doors to the entrance of the patio. Taylor and the best man, Mike, are chatting while linking arms as they wait for the cue of the music for them to commence walking down the isle. Kaylyn is arm in arm with Tanner and Anna is staring back at me while standing next to a red headed groomsmen named Patrick who used to throw french fries at me and Nate in high school when we'd make out. Two worlds are colliding and it took me until now to realize it.

My dad is standing next to me. He isn't saying anything he is just looking at me. "Daddy, stop looking at me like that. You're going to make me cry." I smile at him half joking, half serious.

"Sorry, sweetpea. I can't help it. My baby girl is getting married." He kisses my cheek and then the music starts. I think my heart just stopped beating.

Taylor and Mike start walking. Kaylyn turns to look at me once last time before Tanner leads her down the isle. But on Anna's cue she doesn't move. She turns to me and says, "After your first date Nate came home smiling ear from ear. He knew it then. He told me that you were the girl that he was going to marry. That you would be the mother of his children. Gia, he will never be able to stop loving you. There is no possible way that he can." She gives me once last smile and turns around and she and Patrick glide down the isle.

My dad is smiling down at me. "Gee, I could not wish to give you away to any nicer of a man. He is all that I wanted for you. I'm so glad he makes you happy. I love him because you love him. He makes you happy."

I begin to cry as I hear the music signal me to walk down the isle.

"Ready?" My dad asks.

"Yes, Daddy. I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

He kisses my cheek as he flips my veil over my face.

He opens the doors to the patio and we walk out and around until we reach the backyard. The sky is dark and is ominously threatening rain but I don't care. I don't care because I see him. I see Nate.

My fears from earlier dissipate as soon as I see him. From under my veil I see his dirty blonde hair, his black tux, and his smile. He is beaming at me.

The world has vanished and we are the only two people on this earth. The one hundred guests at this wedding are staring at me. But I don't even notice because all I can see is Nate.

My Daddy shakes Nate's hand, flips over my veil, and then kisses my cheek. Then he puts my hand in Nate's and sits down next to my mother. I hand my bouquet of roses to Taylor, who beams at me.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of Bennett Nate McClellan and Gianna Alessandra Kramer." The priest went on and on. It is a catholic wedding after all. I could only focus on my hand in Nate's and Nate and are look into ear others eyes. I'm crying. I can't help it. Nate's eyes are water-filled as well but he is holding strong.

Then I hear the priest say, "Do you Gianna take Bennett to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I, Gianna Alessandra Kramer, take you Bennett Nate McClellan to be my lawfully wedded partner, friend, and love from this day on. I promise to love you through it all. The terrible, the wonderful, the extraordinary. I will trust and value your opinions and love. I will honor you and love you until the day I die and will love you for eternity."

The priest then again said, "Do you Bennett Nate McClellan take Gianna Alessandra Kramer to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I, Bennett Nate McClellan, take you Gianna Alessandra Kramer to be my wife, friend, partner in crime, and love. I promise to cherish you, protect you and value you until we both pass away. I will love you regardless of anything we've done. I will love in the good times and bad. I will support you in being the father of your children, the provider of our household. I will forever love you."

" I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride!" The priest says to Nate.

Nate's right hand is on the left side of my face away from our guests and he pulls me in for a sweet yet passionate kiss. "I am in love with you Mrs. McClellan."

"Well, Mr. McClellan the feeling is mutual." I smile at him and place another soft kiss on his lips before turning, hand in hand with Nate to smile at our guests.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is a strong possibility that there will be a sequel.