I'm Addicted to the Thrill

I See My Dream

We got to the restaurant for dinner, and I wondered why the hell I had agreed to this date. We had just been avoiding each other for the majority of the day after our conversation about the date before we ate breakfast. That was the only time that the two of us had spoken to each other until Patrick told me to shower and get ready for the date that was going to be happening. I didn't really think that he was serious about the whole thing, but I smiled thinking that this would maybe make us get along better. I hoped that neither of us managed to fuck up the entire date.

Patrick opened the door and started to act like a gentleman. Holding the door was something that he had done for me in the past, but things were seeming like they would get even more like a real date. I raised an eyebrow as he helped me out of his car. I straighted out my skirt and stared at him suspiciously. I didn't think that this date would really be as bad as I imagined it to be, but there was a gnawing feeling in my gut that I was going to regret the night.

"Danielle, you look really pretty tonight," said Patrick as we walked towards the door. He got closer to me and slipped his arm around my waist as we walked. I couldn't believe that we were really doing this or that he was choosing to walk that way with me.

"Thanks. You look really good," I smiled. I grinned as he opened the door and let me go in before him. Patrick was behaving on the date better than I had expected him to.

He talked to the hostess, and she nodded as he spoke. She lead us to a table in the back of the restaurant. She told us that our waiter would be with us shortly. I opened my menu and looked it over. I was glad to see that there were plenty of things that I would eat on the menu. There was, and I made my mind up on food before I even thought of something to drink. That was just the beginning of my date with Patrick.

I closed the menu and looked across the table at Patrick. He was sitting there staring at me. I grinned at him the looked down at the table not wanting to meet his eye. It was all too awkward. This was a date, and this was happening. I had come here in his car, and I had no way of getting home on my own unless I wanted to pay for a taxi back to Trump Towers. That wasn't something that I really wanted to do. Plus cabs weren't my thing.

"I can't believe you actually agreed to this," Patrick admitted. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. I opened my mouth to say something as the waiter came and interrupted me. I hoped that this was going to be a quick little thing.

"I'm Richard, and I'll be your waiter. May I get you anything to drink?" asked the man who came to our table. With his hair pulled back in a ponytail, I couldn't believe that this was really who was taking our order. I told him I just wanted water while Patrick ordered a Coke. As the waiter left us, I turned my attention not on what Patrick had said before we were met by our waiter but instead what he had decided on to drink.

"A Coke? I thought you were a beer guy," I scoffed. Patrick smiled.

"On a date with you? I'll go with a soda. Plus you'd want to drive if I drank, and I don't want to make you drive me around," laughed Patrick. I grinned at him. The night was going so much better than I could have dreamed.

"Fine. So do we have any other plans after this?" I asked him.

"I was thinking we would go to Grant Park," said Patrick.

I raised an eyebrow at that. It was cold, and I was wearing a skirt. I really didn't think that he had thought that all through. What would we do at the park at night? There didn't seem like anything that we could do that would be fun. We were sure as hell not going to do anything worthwhile.

-x-

Patrick and I got out of the car where he parked for our time at the park. Dinner was great. the two of us had a wonderful time. Or I thought that he did. I loved every moment that I had spent with him. He was funny, and he actually held a conversation. He told me about his sisters, and I told him about my brother and my family. He seemed genuinely interested.

He took my hand and led me to Buckingham Fountain. I looked at the fountain and then at him. It hadn't yet been stopped for the winter, and I had to admit that it was a lovely spot. A handful of people were walking around us, but I doubted that they could tell who he was seeing as the only light was coming from the fountain.

"I thought here would be a good place to go on our date," whispered Patrick. I hadn't realized how close he had gotten to me when I felt his breath on my cheek. I took a step back out of surprise. Most people didn't usually get that close to others.

"It's beautiful," I told him.

Grant Park was one of the places I hadn't yet been in the time I had lived in Chicago aside from the obvious trip to it now. I knew of Buckingham Fountain, and I knew what it looked like. As the people around us started to leave, Patrick walked towards the fountain and up to the fence around it. I looked at him and saw the devilish look on his face. This wasn't going to be pleasant. I could just tell.

"C'mon. Let's have some fun," he laughed as he climbed over the fence.

"What? I'm in a skirt. I'm not getting over that," I told him.

"No, you're doing it," smirked Patrick.

He was right. As I realized that I was standing alone on the other side of the fence while he got into the fountain, I climbed over the fence and ran towards the water with him. I stood on the edge and crossed my arms. I knew he was foolish, but I didn't know that he was a complete crazy person.

Patrick had rolled up the legs of his pants and walked back towards me after he had walked through the fountain towards the middle. He smiled at me and got out to stand next to me at the edge of the fountain. I turned my head to look at him. I was sure this would be the point where he tried to convince me to go into the water with him.

"You know you want to get in the fountain," said Patrick. He pointed at the water and then at me. I shook my head. "Well, you don't have much say in the matter."

I opened my mouth to ask what he meant by that, but I realized what he did mean when he picked me up. I didn't think that he would have been able to get me that easily. I hit him in the shoulder while he walked carrying me over his shoulder. The date had been going great until he had decided to be an idiot.

Patrick dropped me into the water to the point where I was sitting in it. He stood there laughing while I glared up at him. I was pissed, and he knew it. The man held his hand out to me to help me up, but I smirked at him. I splashed him with water and got up and ran as well as I could in the water in heels.

"Dani, get back here!" he yelled as he ran after me.

I turned and splashed him with water again. He caught up to me as I stopped again, and he held my arms against my side. We smiled at each other, and I wondered what he was going to do. Patrick kissed me as we stood in the fountain. It wasn't a quick kiss like we had shared the night before. As he let go of my arms, I put them around his neck.

"I told you we were going to have fun," whispered Patrick as he broke the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this chapter. I really enjoyed writing it.