I'm Addicted to the Thrill

Our Hearts and Our Hands

The boys were coming home today. It had been almost two weeks since I had had my breakdown in the middle of Target. That night was still a blur to me. Patrick said that at one point I pushed the Monopoly board off of the coffee table and just cried. Apparently, or at least according to him, I was a sore loser. I’m not so sure about that. I have my money on I was winning. He also told me that I made watching the Hangover a lot less fun than it should have been.

Niki texted me when she was with Patrick. Jonathan was sitting in my office just trying to make some sort of small talk. He laughed at everything that I made trying to tell me that I was overthinking everything that I tried to create. I ended up throwing more wadded pieces of paper at him than I should have. He didn’t find the drawing I had done of his car accident funny.

“Dani, do you think that you and Pat are actually happy?” he asked changing for the fun we were having to the more serious side of things.

“Of course. Why?”

“It’s nothing, Dani. I just wanted to know,” he said. The subject was dropped. I didn’t trust that was all that was supposed to be said, but Jonny could leave it at that if he so wanted. I rolled my eyes and clicked print on the image on the screen.

“Hey, Jonny, when this is done printing, will you sign it?” I asked trying to get the mood lighter again. He took the sheet of paper from me. “I’m going to auction it off on eBay.”

“You’re an awful friend.”

“I know.”

I took the newly autographed picture of the car accident and smiled at it. Of course I was an awful friend. I was stuck cheering up the captain while the rest of the team was away. Jonny and I never had the chance to bond before this time. It also was the first time I ever heard him really say that he thought I was a good fit for Patrick. I guess it had to come from someone other than my friends. Unless there was something he knew that I didn’t know.
- - -

“Danielle!” I smiled at the sound of his voice. It had only been a few days since I had seen Patrick, but I was ready to see him again. I missed him. I guess the weekend with Captain Serious had made me wish I had Patrick’s juvenile ways.

He wrapped his arms around my waist as I met him at the door. His lips found their way to mine before I could even greet him. The force behind his kiss was stronger than anything that I had dealt with from anyone before. Patrick’s hands slid down from my sides to rest on my hips.

He broke the kiss and moved down to my neck. I slid my hands down to the edge of his pants. The time and space that had separated us probably pushed this together. Patrick tugged my shirt up and I lifted my arms to help him in this process. His hands were cold against my skin as he placed them on my waist again.

“Maybe you should greet me like this every time I come home,” he whispered in my ear. I smirked at him. This was something that he probably needed. I let him lead me to the bedroom. Patrick and I had spent so many nights winding up here.

He pushed me onto the bed and took his shirt off. As he climbed on top of me, I ran my nails across his back. He played with the button of my jeans and tugged slightly at them. He kissed me deeply and rubbed me through my jeans. I could feel his lips curl up for a smile. I undid his jeans and pushed them down slightly. Patrick managed to get my jeans undone and pulled them off.

I nipped at his neck, grinning against his skin. He slid a hand into my underwear. As he slid a finger in, I kissed him deeply. He continued the stroking with one hand and used the other to undo the clasp on my bra. He tossed it aside before kissing down to my breasts and sucking on my nipples.

I gasped in surprise as he pushed himself into me. He kissed me roughly as he thrust in and out. As I sucked on his neck, he tugged at my hair. I let out a moan. Patrick bit and sucked on my neck, and I could feel the hickey forming. He kissed me again. I scratched him as he kept going. I could feel myself getting closer to the edge. He whispered against my neck.

I let out a final moan as I climaxed. Patrick shuddered and pulled himself out of me. He rolled over, grinning. I rested my head on his shoulder and draped my arm across him. He wrapped his arms around me and started to trace patterns on my back. It wasn’t long before we were both asleep.
- --

I woke up before him and looked over at Patrick. The look on his face was so peaceful, and I did my best to keep from waking him up. I grabbed shorts and a tank top from the drawer and threw them on before going out to the kitchen. The clock read that it was after seven already. I smiled and went through the kitchen trying to find something to make for when he woke up.

“How’s my little chef?” he asked. I looked over at him from the stove and smiled. He leaned against the counter and looked at the pots. “Spaghetti?”

“I’m doing good, and yes,” I grinned. I kissed him as he looked over the stove. He grinned at me then went back out of the kitchen. I called him back in. “You’re okay with this, right? I didn’t have much to work with.”

“It’s good, Dani,” he said, leaving the room again as he spoke. I rolled my eyes and worked on the rest of dinner. The oven dinged for the bread to be done, and the pasta was done cooking. I looked over everything and dished it up for the both of us.

I carried the food out to Patrick as he sat watching game highlights. He patted the spot next to him, and I took a seat handing him his bowl and bread. I folded my legs up under me and ate as we watched in silence. I finished my meal, and as I stood up to go back to the kitchen, he grabbed my wrist.

“You should welcome me home like that more,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes. This was what I had figured he would do. I gave him a quick kiss and went back to the kitchen grabbing another piece of bread to go back out to sit with the man I lived with. He pulled me closer to him and sighed happily. This was what I liked most about spending time with him, the comfortable nature we could have at any given moment.

“Maybe not. Just make it a surprise sometimes,” I said with a wink. He laughed and rested his head on mine. “I didn’t really think you’d want to do anything though.”

“Danielle, I love you,” he said.

“I know you do, Patrick.”

“Shut up.”

We sat in silence after that just watching the images on the screen as they flashed. He kissed the top of my head. This was one of the perfect nights that we so rarely got. I just had to wonder how long it would be before one of us managed to fuck things up royally again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is really the first time I've ever written smut which is why this chapter took so long. I would work on it, hate it, stop... then repeat. I had to finish it now. I love you all.