Status: Takes place of Season 6.

A Secret Worth Keeping Is a Secret Worth Sharing

Secrets. We all have them. Some say secrets are meant to be kept. Some say they are meant to be shared. My view is that a secret worth keeping is a secret worth sharing and that a secret worth sharing is a secret worth keeping.

I know what many of you are thinking. That I'm crazy. That there is no way that it can be true. We all know what telling a secret can do. That it cause chaos and stress. That it can get morphed into a lie. But have you ever stopped and thought what keeping a secret can do? I'm here to tell you I grew up in a family of secrets, and that keeping them can have traumatic affects. To prove to you that not all secrets are best kept I want to share with you my story.

I will start by telling you no real names will be used except my own. They all will have been changed to protect my family and friends. The secrets started when I was born and still have yet to stop. My big sister, Megan, was some one I relied on. Some one I love. I no longer trust her, but I try to love her as much as I can. Megan is a murderer. She killed 5 people with more intended victims. I never would have expected her to become a killer. I visit her some times. Every day I hope she'll get out, but I know that'll never happen.

My mother lied to me for three years about where my sister was. She lied to me about my father. About the brother I never knew I had. The brother I have never met. My parents were never married, only engaged and my father left as soon as my mother became pregnant. Around the time I learned my sister had been arrested I also learned that I had an older brother and that my father, was indeed, not dead. I have yet to meet either my father or my brother.

I will not talk to my mother any more. Her secrets and lies destroyed my life. I know many of you are thinking, 'Well it was the lies that destroyed her. Not the secrets.' Because of secrets came the lies. Lies and secrets go hand and hand.

My step-father was as honest to me as he could be. Never to any one else, though. I don't talk to him either.

I know how I sound. That I'm blaming everyone else, but I never said I didn't have lies and secrets of my own. I have never told any one until now that my sister was a murderer. I never told anyone the lies I was force fed were not the truth.

So before you tell a secret think about the effects and before you keep a secret think about the effects.

-Nicole Lowe