Status: Takes place of Season 6.

A Secret Worth Keeping Is a Secret Worth Sharing

Lies and Secrets

Lies and secrets go hand and hand. -Nicole Lowe

While Professor Rossi talked to his boss I decided to look around. I wandered around. I was like a lost puppy, and I know that's what I looked like. I kept looking back. That was when I ran into some one. It was almost like running into a wall. I looked up.

"Can I help you?" he asked.
"No thank you," I said quickly.
"I'm Derek," he said.
"Agent Derek Morgan?"
"Yeah. How'd you know?"
"My sister talks about you all the time. She tells me about how you slipped through her fingers."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"What's your sister's name?"
"Maggie," I replied.
"I'm sorry. I forgot to ask. What's your name?"
"Nicole. Nikkie, if you will?"
"I will."
"What?"
"You said 'Nikkie, if you will?' and I will call you Nikkie."
"Oh, you could have just said that."
"You're not one of those extremely literal people. Are you? Because I have to work with one of those."
"Maybe."
"Getting information from you is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Impossible."
"You know if getting information from me was like finding a needle in a haystack it would be extremely easy. What it really is like is finding a needle in a stack of needles."
"You are on of those extremely literal people."
"I don't believe so, but what you and I believe are two different things."
"Back to your sister."
"If you really did slip through her fingers you're the lucky one."
"What? Is she crazy or some thing?"
"Some would believe so."
"Do you believe your sister's crazy?"
"Mentally disturbed, maybe, but not crazy. My sister was not crazy."

"Nikkie."

I turned at the sound of Professor Rossi's voice. I starred at what he held in his open palm. A gun and an FBI badge with my name on it. I look up at Professor and back at his hand. I only hesitated a moment more before putting on my gun and putting my badge in my purse.

"Welcome to the BAU, Nikkie," Professor said walking away.

"BAU?" Agent Morgan asked. "You can't be more then 18."
"16 years, 17 weeks, and three days," I corrected.
"I have some one I want you to meet."

I followed him until we came to a man who was about 10 years older then I.

"Nikkie, this is Dr. Spencer Reid. Reid, this is Agent Nikkie-"
"-Lowe."
"Agent Nikkie Lowe. I'm sure you two will get along very well."

Agent Morgan turned and left.

"Agent Lowe-"
"-Nikkie, please."
"Nikkie, how old are you?"
"Your age doesn't deter your intelligence and only your maturity to a very limited extent. Am I going to get the 'Age Question' every where?"
"Agent Nikkie-"

There was something about his voice that calmed. Then again it was the same thing that had set my off.

"-I am not questioning you, your intelligence, maturity, or even your ability to do this job. I do believe you are younger then me, though, and I have always been the youngest. I just want to forewarn you you will get teased by your age a lot. Especially by Morgan."
"Thank you Dr. Reid, but I think I can handle myself. I graduated from a public Las Vegas high school at 11."
"You graduated at 11?"
"Yeah. How old were you? Younger then 18, correct?"
"12," he said still in awe. "I went to Las Vegas too."
"And I thought I wouldn't have anything in common with anyone."
"I didn't believe there was any one near the same as me. Statistically speak the chances of two intellectually profound people meeting are slim. The chances of them coming from similar basic backgrounds are even less."
"I agree."
"My ramblings don't bother you?"
"No. I find your vast and seemingly never-ending supply of knowledge and vocabulary absolutely fascinating."

He mumbled something to himself. I was able to pick a out a few words.

"...Morgan...no girl....statistics....amusing."

I went through what he could have possibly said before he spoke again.

"Talking a lot about things laymen don't care about will cause the team to get frustrated. You will have to learn when to stop."
"When is that?" I asked.
"I don't know."

"Spence," some one said. "Time to start."

"Nikkie," Dr. Reid said, "this is JJ, our liaison with the media and local police."

"Nicole Lowe?" she asked.

I flinched slightly as she said my last name. I know she didn't mean to, but she said it so coldly. Like it was evil. Like she knew about Maggie. 'Lowe' is the only connection I have with her. I looked at the ground for a moment before answering.

"Yes," I said.
"Come with me."

Dr. Reid was behind us. Did she know? Did they all know? Maybe that's why Professor Rossi brought me. So they could ask me about my sister. The truth is I don't know anymore then some one who saw it on the news. No one would tell me much, which is just how I want it. I do know, how ever, that she tried to kill Agent Morgan and Officer Kim.