Status: C O M P L E T E D;

Game Over

The Virus;

Anya's p.o.v
Image

After I saved Kiara from the hands of the wretched Tori, I ordered everyone to bed. As I thought they were asleep, I stood up onto my shaky legs and walked away towards the cold river. Tears streamed down my lifeless face silently and I couldn't help but want to drown myself for everything I've caused? Maybe it was wrong bringing in Mark. Even though he was safe..even though I had strong feelings for him..he was the main source of the problem, but it's all over now isn't it? It all ends this way with Tori tragically leaving us. Without us, she's a goner and I wouldn't be surprised to walk out with a million dollars and attending Tori's funeral on the same day.

I wiped the silent tears away from my face when I heard someone creeping up behind me. I turned and saw Mark, his eyes wide awake as he stood next to me looking out into the deep dark depths of the water, "Anya what are you doing?" He wondered out loud, "Not sleeping I suppose." I responded crossing my arms and sighing as I saw sprinkles of my breath in the air, "You can't beat yourself up for everything that's going on..even though it's all technically my fault I guess." Mark sighed looking out into the horizon, "No..no no it's not your fault." He laughed, "Shut up Anya and don't lie to yourself." I shut up and did as he said, "Okay sorry, it's just hard for me." Mark nodded, "It's hard for everyone..I don't blame you." He responded.

I tried my best to not fall into a heart breaking sob, I tried desperately. Mark's two arms wrapped around my waist comfortingly as he pulled me close. I sighed as he rest his head onto my shoulder, still peering out into the death defying horizon, "Are you and Kiara patched up yet?"

"Not yet." Kiara intruded as we both turned to see her standing there. She looked much more head strong, much more sane...but I knew it was all just a hoax in my head because we were all scared. Mark patted my back softly before kissing my forehead and then walking away from us to give us our personal space and our private talk that was yet to come. Kiara stepped forward and now stood next to me. Unlike what Mark was doing, she kept her full glare on me. I looked back waiting for her to respond but I guess she was waiting for me to state something before her.

I opened my mouth to speak when she opened hers and said, "I think...we just put the past in the past and get over it." I looked over at her, "I am over it, but are you?" She flinched at my sudden choices of words and looked at me, "I..I guess so-" I cut her off, "This is a life and death situation Kiara. Look at where this god damn game has taken us? To nowhere! We already lost Tori and I didn't wanna do what I had to but I did it..now are you with me or are you against me? I'm pretty sure Tori's lonely in the forest." She sighed, "Of course I'm with you. I just have a bad feeling okay." I looked at her, "What kind of feeling?"

Kiara was silent, for a long long time. She looked out into the horizon as specks of the new day started rising, "I...well I can't tell you." I growled and turned away, "It's a secret that Percy told me to keep! Okay it's all about what's going on in Tori's mind and her plans and what will happen to me, you and Mark in the future of the game, but I can't tell you because you might take revenge on Tori or you-" I cut her off, "I might take revenge!? She came with a fucking machete ready to chop you into pieces!" Kiara growled back, "If you respect and hear me out then maybe I can tell you some things without giving everything away! Tori has a plan, but the plans not gonna work okay. You and me? Yea were sticking to each other to the end. Yes the end of the game, weather we live or we die. That's all I can tell you. And that mark on your hand?" Kiara took my hand and looked at it, "It somehow brings you the control of light and darkness. I don't know how it works and obviously you don't."

I pulled my hand back and looked down at it sighing, "Well...enough of that. What is our next plan? Sneak attack? Ambush?" I looked up at Kiara who looked at me with a smirk, "I..." I crunched my hands up and looked back out into the murky river, "I don't know." Kiara's smirk faded and she turned me to look at her, "Look I understand a lots happened between all of us. This is pressure on you the most. I know you don't trust me like before but, Anya, your my best friend and I love you. And I don't care if we make it outta here with a million dollars or a penny. As long as I make it out with you I'm fine. Tori's on her own, she chose this as her own destiny, now get your head in the game damn it!" She smacked my head lightly. I looked down at her.

I reached out and hugged her, just a big hug. I wrapped my arms around her tiny little frame and pulled her close. She was caught off guard but in a couple seconds she hugged back, happily, cheerfully, sadly, "Thanks." I said as my eyes filled with tears, "Thanks? Ha, were friends...were best friends...were supposed to do this for one another. Remember? We ride together, we die together."

Suddenly the voice on the speaker came up, startling all of us. I pulled away from Kiara and looked over at Mark who grabbed his sword, "Attention all players left in the forest, you have exactly 2 hours to find your exiting portal." I looked at Kiara, "2 hours? In this small forest?" Kiara laughed, "The virus has attacked our game system and is coming your way, anyone left in it's path starting from the river w-will be los-lost fore-v-er." The voice jittered. I turned and looked into the river as it started bubbling and weird images started floating towards the top, "The portal is located past the dark ends of the forest, beware, the virus isn't your only enemy, so are the things lurking in the forest." I kept my eyes glued onto the river when a shriek broke through the silence, some weird looking lagoon monsters that were literally 9 feet tall with 3 eyes and very long arms and legs dashed towards us. The one was joined with millions.

"We ride together, we die together." I said grabbing my bow and arrow out of the inventory, "Let's dance bitches."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! <3