Status: C O M P L E T E D;

Game Over

Powers;

Kiaras p.o.v
Image

I had planted the tip of my sword into the ground before going to bed earlier tonight. I turned running, and plucked my sword from the ground and bared the killer at the monsters who looked at me like their whole life’s goal was to tear me apart, and that’s exactly what it was. Anya hooked my arm with hers and nearly tipped me off balance, whisking me away from the camp sight. “Wait, what about our camp? The monsters can’t attack in the camp site remember!” I gasped. “There’s a virus, that won’t work… and if millions of those things surround us, we won’t beat the virus in time!” I worked the muscles in my legs to run but those things where gaining on us.

“We half to fight them!” I gasped as we weaved through the trees, those things destroying the forest like a wrecking ball. “Are you even looking at these things? Keep running!” She growled back. The things inched closer by every passing minute. “We can’t outrun them, and they’re gaining on us!” I screamed back. “Keep fucking running!” She screamed murderously back. The sounds of the monsters feet pounding the ground bang through my ears like shot gun sounds. “They’re getting closer…” I screamed through the ear-blistering sounds of splitting wood and pounding behind me, the blood thirsty cries of the demons filled the midnight air.
“Fuck…” She mumbled, we were literally running at full speed and they were relentless. “I’ll take care of that…” She panted, fitting her hand into her pocket and taking out a tiny penny-sized black metal ball. She twisted off the top and used her teeth to pull on the tiny trigger. It began to beep and beeped even quicker within a few seconds. It was beeping a hundred times a minute by the time she managed to throw the tiny ball in the crowd of lagoons. The thing got lost in the menacing herd of enemies before a massive explosion fired, whole crowds catching on fire and trees setting ablaze.

At first I felt a little relieved until trees and bushes caught on fire and began to spread wickedly. My gut began to sting as the fire raced through the bushes like a cheetah and began beating us to the race out of the forest.

“Oh, awesome,” I muttered, glaring at Anya. “Now we got a fire to beat!” I screamed at her as the lagoons regardless of the fire and the bomb, continued in their overcoming numbers to run at us. I felt my legs numb from keeping at a constant full speed but open space was coming soon, and if we’d get there then we’d have a lot better chance and no fire to worry about. I was pushing myself to the limit when I heard Anya’s voice go up to the shrillest positive tone for me to look out. I was totally confused until I saw a mighty oak tree topple over in my direction. I screamed, and bent my angle of running to avoid it, the trunk kissed my back practically, scraping its bark across my back and leaving bite marks near my shoulder blades. I would have been killed if I’d been a step behind…

Finally I stepped into the beach next to the forest, but we’d half to go back into the forest if we wanted to find the portal… “Those monstrous things are still following us…” I gasped to Anya. “I can see that Kiara!” She panted, fishing through her pockets. “What are you, loaded with emergency weapons?” She took the bottom of her pockets and made them inside out, showing that she was empty handed. “Apparently I’m on empty,” she mumbled in limp feeling. “We half to keep running,” I mumbled, but my leg’s hurt from the burning pain of constant speed.

“Maybe we’re better off running into the fire…” I panted, “We can’t run all the way to the portal.”
Not that we had a choice, we were blocked off in a corner. I felt the panic arise as the lagoons where within tackling distance. I took Anya’s hand; it was over before it began. “We’ll see how this ends,” I mumbled. I was so sick of running, of hiding, of being scared every waking moment, it was almost a favor of them to come kill me off, what was left of me.
A glowing caught my eye though, in that single second. Anya’s wrist shined with a hearty gold, a heavenly light. It shown like a flashlight up into the sky, and ate us up in its light, I just stood back and gasped.

In a nano second we were in some brand new place, somewhere quiet and deep in the forest. I looked around, no lagoons. No fire. No nothing, just calm and peaceful, silent forest. I looked at Anya who returned the same horrified look. “Did you see my wrist…?” She whispered. I nodded, as we both looked at the marking on her arm. “This tiger’s powerful… If only I could tame it.” She whispered, sitting on the mucky ground. I bent down to her level and put my hand on her shoulder. “We need to get out of here first and build camp; those things weren’t the only things lurking in this forest…” I mumbled as we both looked into the depths of the wallowing bent over trees.

“You’re right… let’s go.” She mumbled, standing up and walking in the path of the forest that was cleared the most. Then I noticed something, and blurted out, “Wait, where’s Mark and Percy?”
♠ ♠ ♠
;D *update*