Baby, Just Breathe.

High Hopes In Velvet Ropes

Looking for a job wasn’t my main aim for the summer, actually.
I dreamt of two months of total freedom before college, while my mom thought it was better for me to grow up in some way and move my ass from the chair in front of my computer.
Even complaining and trying to make a deal with her was useful. Apparently she had it everything done already before I even thought of it. I had to babysit. Yes, babysit.

“I have a friend who knows a family who needs a babysitter for the summer. The little girl’s name is Sophia. She’s 8 years old and you’re going to watch her every afternoon and every time her mom needs you to”

“You really want me that bad? You know I’m not good with children”

“I’m not going to let you doing God knows what in your room for the entire summer”

“The summer after graduation is supposed to be fun, you know? No, you probably don’t”

“Explain to me your conception of fun…do you think being on the internet for the whole day and night is the description of the word ‘FUN’?”

“What if it is?”

“Lauren Amanda Sorenson”

I puffed. When my mom called me with my complete name, it meant that I was in trouble.

“Whatever. You won, ok, I’m doing it. When do I start?”

She gave me the address of the house and the mobile phone number of Mrs. O’Callaghan, who I guess was Sophia’s mom. They didn’t live that far from where I did, which was a good thing after all.

“Tomorrow”

I was shocked about the way my mom handled everything without telling me. She always did that, after all. I was about to scream and make a crisis, cry and fall on the floor, because I didn’t want to do it. Anyway, it seemed I had no choice. My mom was like my boss, and her word was my job. And now my job was going to be babysitting that girl Sophia for the rest of the summer, and I’m telling you:
I really wasn’t looking forward to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a prologue, the next chapter is a proper one and will be longer.
I hope you will subscribe, comment and whatever you want. It would be cool to receive also come critic, if you think something is not that good.
John will phisically come in a few chapter. You will read about him a lot but he won't appear soon. But don't worry he will :)
Let me know what you think ok? Comments are appreciated!!!

Danielle
xxxx