Baby, Just Breathe.

This Time Around

I usually love staying in bed for the whole day, but since when I started working for the O’Callaghans, something –or should I say someone- , especially in the last week, made me wake up even before the ring of the alarm clock. I was happy to spend my days with Sophia, because every day was a new adventure.
But now that John was home, I had a second reason to get to work on time.
Besides, since when he came back, I tended to dress up in a more girly way, and I often wore make-up.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. Weird thought, that no one did it immediately when usually I was used to hear Sophia’s footsteps running to me. But that time, the whole house was silent. I knocked and called Sophia and Mrs. O’Callaghan a couple of times, receiving no response.
I was about to go around the house, even thought it could have been a little creepy, but before I could even think of it twice, someone finally opened the door.

It was John. And he was shirtless, with just his boxers on. I felt my cheeks going red. He had a clear tired look on his face; I was sure he was sleeping, until I started knocking.

“Hey…ehm I’m sorry if I woke you up but…”

“Sophia isn’t home today. She’s with my mom at my grandparents”

He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

“I didn’t know it, I’m sorry. I’m going home then; let me know if you need me tomorrow”

Terribly embarrassed, I walked back for a few steps but he called me again.
He probably hated me. I hate being woken up all of a sudden, so I couldn’t really blame him.

“Hey, Hot N Cold, why don’t you keep me company for today?”

“I don’t think you need a baby sitter”

“I can be really childish sometimes”

He winked and I really didn’t know what to say. I just put down the bike and got back under the porch. He smiled and let me in. The whole moment was more than awkward. I was supposed to be playing with his sister, not talking –or should I say not talking- with him. That was totally off place.
But then, why did I accept to go in? And why did I have butterflies in my stomach?
His gorgeousness was surely one of the reasons why; I won’t even start talking about his body.

“Did you have breakfast? I can make waffles for both of us”

As sister, as brother.

“Thanks, but I just had mine at home. I can watch you being the chef, if you don’t mind”

I followed him to the kitchen and sat on a chair near the counter. I watched him while he silently cooked the waffles, staring at his back and why not, to his not existent ass. He basically was half naked in front of me, and I knew him from a week. After five minutes he sat in front of me and started eating his waffles with a lot of honey and butter on and drinking cold milk in a glass. He really looked like a child, so he was right.

“So, what are we going to do today?”

“Sophia usually asks me this question”

“And I’m asking it too right now. You’re my baby sitter today, so I want to know what your plans are for us today. What if I want to go to the park? Or to the mall?”

I laughed at his attempt of making fun of me, imitating his sister.

“I guess I just have to bring you wherever you want, kid”

“I want to go to the mall today”

“The mall it is then”

“I’m going to get dressed; we’re going with my car, I don’t think you will be able to bring me on your bike”

He walked out and got upstairs while I made my way to the hall. I felt excited, but then a question popped into my head: why was he doing all that? Why was he acting so nice to someone he barely knew?
I didn’t dare asking. I decided to just enjoy the day with him not wondering why he was doing some thing more than some other. He came back, dressed with a plain white t-shirt, skinny jeans and leather boots.
He took the keys and I followed him to the garage. He owned a big black BMW, with black windows.
I waited for him to open the garage and drive the car out. Then he told me to get on and I did it, in the passenger seat.

“What are you doing?”

“You told me to get into the car”

“Yes, but remember? I’m the kid. Kids don’t drive. You have to take me to the mall”

“Are you kidding me right?”

“Do I look like I’m kidding?”

He wasn’t. He was serious. And I was about to freak out. He wanted me to drive his car.

“No way I’m driving your car. And, are you fucking nuts? You don’t even know me and I barely remember how to drive, I mean you can’t give me this responsibility!”

I was basically screaming. He started laughing out loud, making me even more nervous. He got into the car too, looking at me while I was still talking and yelling at him. After another curse I stopped because he didn’t look that happy of hearing me screaming like a mental.

“Are you done with the yelling?”

I nodded.

“Good. Listen I was just messing with you back there. You look cool but there’s no way I’m giving you the right to drive my babe”

I was just staring at him, completely speechless. I didn’t know what to say.

“So, ready to go, Teenage Dream?”

I didn’t even answer. I looked straight in front of the street and waited for him to start driving. He laughed again out loud and he asked me tons of times if I was angry at him. I never replied, and probably he thought that was even more hilarious. After ten minutes of driving, and ten minutes of me being silent while he was keeping on talking to me, we got to the mall. He parked and I got off the car fast. He ran, following me and asking sorry. He almost got on his knees. That made me laugh, so I stopped being almost angry at him.
Well, actually, I wasn’t even; I was just playing the part of the annoyed girl to see his reaction. It was funny to see him apologizing like a hundred times.

“Are we ok then?”

He asked with puppy face. I couldn’t resist to those beautiful green eyes. No one could have.

“Yes. But next time you’re making fun of me I swear…”

“What?”

He smiled wide and I really couldn’t think of anything to say back.

“Nothing. I can’t be mad at you. You and your sister are seriously the same, dammit”

He laughed again and we started going around the big building. I was having loads of fun with him.
We got into every shop and we ate at McDonald’s, then he even offered me ice cream. He didn’t get me to pay anything, even if I begged him to. Besides, the guy was a blast. He made me laugh so many times I was afraid I could have pissed in my pants. He could have been Kate’s replacement for the summer.
Something was different though: Kate didn’t get me the Hummingbird Heartbeat every time she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lauren's outfit!

I found this chapter funny. The two are really getting along. I think John is SO cute and nice with her. Lauren doesn't really know how to react! He's so weird isn't he?
What do you think it's gonna happen?

Thanks for being so nice with the comments and the new subscription, I hope you read my other stories too. I have a new one in my mind, I might post it soon.

Enjoy and leave me some feedback!

Danielle
xxx