Baby, Just Breathe.

I Need This

I looked straight into his green eyes, waiting for an answer. Waiting for a positive answer, possibly.
In those seconds, my heart was almost exploding into my chest.
I didn’t want to be rejected: I would have been so ashamed, I would have felt so bad.
John smiled and kissed me gently: I didn’t understand what that meant until he shook his head.

“Lauren, Lauren, Lauren…” he hugged me and kissed my hair. That wasn’t a good sign.
“As much as I want to make love to you right now, I don’t want my mom and sister to find it out as soon as they come back. It’s dangerous…and I want it to happen in the right way”

I sighed “It’s ok, I guess. I just wanted you to know it”

“Don’t take this as a no. I want to do it, with you, I really do. You don’t even imagine how much I think about it…and don’t take this the wrong way again…”

I laughed a bit. He was adorable.

“You are the right girl Lauren, I feel it. I want to lose it to you. But not in this right moment…I want it to be perfect, it has to be perfect…both for you and me”

That moment would have been perfect anyways because it was with him, I thought. He was what would have made it so special, because he was perfect to me. No other guy would have told me those things… every other guy would have gotten straight to the point.
Day by day John was making me fall in love with him over and over again, by showing the great guy he was.

“Why are you so damn perfect?”

“Pretty pretty please don’t you ever ever feel like you’re nothing, you’re fucking perfect, to me”

He kissed my nose and took me by the hand.

“We can’t do that now, but I suggest a good make out session in my room until my mom comes back”

I laughed and we ran up the stairs to his bedroom.
As soon as he closed the door, his lips crashed into mine and his hands were underneath my shirt.
He kissed my neck and tried to unhook my bra, until we heard a door being opened and some fast footsteps coming up.

“John, Lauren, where are you?? I’m baaack! I wanna play!!”

Sophia’s voice was really close to John’s bedroom door.
She knocked on the door insistently, waiting for us to say something. It was like she knew we were there.

“Are we playing hide and seek? I don’t like it, unless I’m not the one who is hiding!”

John sighed and looked at me before opening the door.

“Here we are Soph”

“Here you are! Missed me??”

“Of course I did babe, come here”

He picked her up and put her on his shoulders. All together we walked downstairs to the living room.

“Why were you two locked up in your bedroom?”

“We weren’t locked up. The door was just closed, and you have to stop being so curious”

“I have a natural curiosity for a kid of my age”

“And you have an unnatural gift of the gab I might say”

“Are you saying I talk too much?”

“Yes mademoiselle, that was what I intended”

We sat on the sofa, Sophia between us.

“I think you two are hiding something, but now I don’t care because it’s Hannah Montana time”

She turned on the TV and Disney Channel, shutting us up at every single word. She was a big girl.
At the end of the show, I got up and as my job there was over for the day, I told a general goodbye and picked up my bike from the grass to go back to my house.
I was happy, like I never was before, and my mom immediately got it. She didn’t ask anything though, and I really appreciated it. I didn’t want to tell her that I told John I wanted to lose my virginity to him, I felt embarrassed to talk about sex with her, and she never started the serious talk either because I think she knew I wasn’t stupid. I wanted it to happen with John because he was the guy I was in love with at that right moment. The first guy I really wanted in every way possible.

After a shower and dinner, I went upstairs reading. I was in the middle of the final battle between Harry Potter and Voldemort, when my cell phone started beeping like crazy. I hoped it was John calling me, but then the display told me it was my dad, and all the excitement suddenly vanished.
I waited, not really sure if I wanted to talk to him, but he barely called me, so I touched the green sign on the screen. I didn’t even remember his voice until I heard it.

“Hi dad, what’s up?”

I tried to sound calm and ok with that call, and I hoped he didn’t get I was pretending.

“Hi Laurie” I hated when he called me Laurie “how are you?”

“I’m…good, yes. How about you? Why did you call?”

“I’m great, thanks. And well, can’t I call my daughter to see how she’s doing?”

“Well, you never call unless you need something dad”

“Don’t be mad at me princess”

“Don’t call me princess…” he sighed “you can’t expect me to be happy to talk to you”

“I actually expect you to be mature about this”

“About what? About the fact you cheated on mom and now you live with another woman and have another family? Yes, I am super mature and happy about this”

“I didn’t cheat on you”

“But you left me”

“I’m always here if you need me and you know it”

“You’re not here dad. You’re in fucking Vegas”

“What’s the problem? Is that the distance? Come here and stay with me for a couple of days if you want it”

“I don’t come to your house out of nowhere! You should be the one asking me if I want to come because you want to see me!”

“And that’s what I’m doing right now! I called you to ask you to come to Vegas in the weekend”

I suddenly stopped yelling at him. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I didn’t have to come to conclusions.
I sighed and tried to calm down. I always said I wasn’t angry at him, and that didn’t show it.

“What’s happening this weekend? Why…why do you want me this weekend?”

“Because I’m getting married, princess”

At those words, all I wanted to do was throwing the phone out of the window.
But because I wasn’t an impulsive person, all I did was ending the conversation by touching the red sign.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, did you expect all this in just a chapter?:)
I have two chapters in my mind after this, then maybe other five before the end of the story.
But don't get sad, I have a sequel in mind for this story!

Do you think Lauren will attend his dad's wedding?
What will happen between her and John?
Do you think Sophia knows something, and everybody will find out about them soon?
And...do you think John will ask Lauren to be his gf sooner or later??
Predictions anyone!

Sorry if you had to wait for this, as I already said I'm busy both with work and college.

Thanks for sticking up with me and this story, it means a lot!
Thanks to every single reader!Especially to those who take time to actually leave a comment, it's important for me.

Danielle
xxxx