Baby, Just Breathe.

Trophy Eyes

I walked upstairs following the pictures, then I decided to enter Sophia’s bedroom. She was still sleeping, and she was cuddling with a toy. On the bedside table there was another picture. It showed her and her brother on a beach. He was holding her tight. She looked so happy. I sat on the bed trying not to wake her up and I took the photo in my hands. Well, her brother looked…nice.

“That’s John, my brother”

I didn’t notice she was up; she scared the crap out of me. She saw it and laughed at me a bit.

“I figured that out. Anyway, good morning”

“Hello. I want breakfast. Can you try not to pour all the milk on the floor again? I would like to do everything by myself but mom doesn’t let me because she says I’m too young”

“She’s right. And yes, I’ll try to. C’mon, let’s go”

We walked down together and this time I made her the perfect breakfast. I also cooked some waffles. I sat next to her while she was eating and asked some questions.
It was my turn.

“Do you miss your brother?”

“Yes, I don’t see him since Easter”

“It’s a long time, isn’t it?”

“Almost three months, but he’s coming home for a week in July. He told me yesterday on the phone”

“What is he doing now?”

“He’s in the UK with his band. Do you know his band? It’s called The Maine. They’re super”

“Actually I don’t…is that bad?”

“Well, you should. I’m their first fan. Do you want to see the albums?”

“Yes, of course!”

She got off the chair and disappeared for a minute, coming back then with two CDs in her hands. The first album was called ‘Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop’ and the second one was ‘Black & White’.

“You can borrow them if you want to listen”

“Thanks. I’m going to give them back tomorrow”

“Don’t worry. I have tons of those. I know every single word”

She finished her milk and then I asked what she wanted to do for the rest of the day.

“I want to go to the mall”

“Aren’t you too young for it? Besides I don’t have a car”

“We have one in the garage. It’s my brother’s”

“I can’t borrow that”

“Don’t you have the driving license?”

“Yes I do. But I barely drive. Maybe you can ask you mom tomorrow about it. If you want we can go out for a walk today, it’s sunny outside. I have a bike”

She thought for a minute and then she accepted. She went up again to get dressed while I waited reading the titles of the songs on the album she gave me. She came back really fast, already dressed.

“What about the teeth?”

“Done”

“Ok. Let’s go girl”

I took the keys and locked the main door. Then we got on my bike and I started riding it with her on the handlebar. The hot air of Arizona caressed her hair gently, and she seemed amused by that. I tried to help her keeping her hair behind her ears and I must say that the smile she gave me after that, totally made my day.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all: Welcome to 2011 :) I hope you had a cool New Years Eve party. I did!

This is a short update...I'm sorry :(
Lauren didn't know The Maine, but now she will be able to listen to their great music :)
She should totally thanks Sophia! She's Johno's first fan for sure, and you will see it chapter by chapter. Lauren will become a big fan as well...but you need time to read that.
A few more chapters before John comes in. I hope these parts are not annoying you.

Thanks to whoever reads it and comments and still subscribes to this.
If you read, why don't you comment? It would make me happy! Don't be a silent reader!
Also critics are good, I want to know your opinions!

Danielle
xxxx