Baby, Just Breathe.

Innocent And Sweet

“Are we done here?”

“I have to do my homework at home. Can you help me?”

“Of course, I’m here for that”

We got back on the bike and I rode to her house. She went to the toilet as soon as we entered the hall and before doing that she thanked me for the lunch. While waiting, I looked to their house phone and noticed they had one message. Sophia came back and noticed it too so we decided to hear it together.

“Hello there, we are the O’Callaghans. We’re not home to answer but you can easily leave us a message after the beep and we will call back as soon as we can. BEEP!”

“Hey, it’s me! How come there’s anybody home at lunch? It’s like 7pm here in London, I guess it’s like noon there. I’m coming back on the 9th of July, just so you know the exact date. Call me back ok? I miss you! Sophia I got you the coolest gift ever from London! Love you! Bye!”

I liked the voice of the guy. And I really like the tone he used to leave the message. He seemed he really loved his family and especially his sister. Sophia asked me if she could have called him back and of course I let her do it. She went upstairs so I couldn’t really hear the conversation, but it was their business, not mine. She came back running after ten minutes and started talking so fast, that neither recording her and then slowing down the tape would have helped me to understand what she was saying.

“So, I told John about you and he said to tell you to be nice with me because if you don’t when he comes back he will kick your ass, but then I told you I think you’re pretty so he decided not to”

I laughed. Well, for what it’s worth, from the pictures I saw of him, he was pretty too.

“I must be honored then”

“You will love their music once you hear it. I told him I gave you their albums and he wants to know what you think about them. Maybe you can talk to him the next time he calls”

“Slow down babe, we will think about it some other time ok?”

“Every girl likes my brother. They say he is smoking hot, I don’t know what it means though”

“It’s just like…he is very very very very good looking, that’s the meaning”

“Oh well, I can tell you, I think he is good looking. And he is talented also”

Sophia totally worshipped that John. I never saw someone that into someone else in my entire life. I knew why he loved the kid so much. I mean, she totally had that syndrome where the daughter is in love with the father. The only difference was that she was in love with her older brother.

“It’s time for homework now. We will talk about your brother later”

“Ok, let me go and take the books”

I helped her with her works for school and then her mom, who told me I had to call her just Jenny, came back earlier, so I went back home at 5pm. I was home alone, so I decided to have a bath while listening to Sophia’s brother’s band. I totally preferred the last album they did, the one with the big M on the cover, but of all the songs on both of the albums, I picked my favorite at the first listen.
It was called ‘Into Your Arms’. When I had time to give a look of the video on YouTube that same night I remained almost shocked by the beauty of the lead singer, who was actually Sophia’s brother.
As the other girls said about him, he was definitely…smoking hot.
They were right and Sophia was as well. It was hard not to think about the fact that I worked for the family of some cool guy. I didn’t even know there was someone as good looking as John in town.
I even looked for some pictures of him over the internet and there were loads. He was even more than just gorgeous. His eyes were green and big; his lips were thin, as thin as he was. And he was so tall.
He also had a cool style, more of an indie guy. And his entire band was definitely nice, from what I could have been seeing. I wondered why I didn’t know about them. We lived in the same town since ever.
Maybe we even went to the same high school: John was a senior when I was a junior, so we didn’t even share the same classes or mates. Besides, we all have changed through the years; I doubt I would have recognized him anyway. The only thing I knew about that guy was that I was really looking forward to meet him. He did a good impression; not just for his looks, but for the way he treated his little sister.
Seeing a guy who was so close to a kid was utterly sweet. I always wanted an older brother too.
If I have had one who looked and acted like John, I would have probably fallen in love with him –metaphorically speaking- as Sophia did, so I really couldn’t blame her for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
-2 chapters until John comes up.
In the next one Lauren will get to speak to him anyway. So just have a little patience, this story is about to start properly. Again, I hope you don't feel annoyed by the waiting.
I promise it will be all worth it.

As you can see all the titles of the chapters are from a song. The last ones are especially from You Me At Six :) But there are also titles from The Cab. I love those bands!

Comments would be amazing. Do your thing :)

Danielle
xxxxxxxxxx