Status: Active-Copy and I'll find your mother, and torture her with an eggroll...yes, its possible.© 2010AshTheBash

Untitled

Chapter Two

I emerged from the restroom creeping downstairs to the kitchen to get the freshest slice of bread before any of the other girls got them. I pushed the door open seeing my best friend aggie aleready cutting down the middle of the baguette.
"aggie!" I giggled. She looked up, frightened.
"oh it's just you." she said continuing to chew on the crust of her bread slice thoughtfully. I strolled over putting a hand out.
"give me some." I said eyeing the nice looking end piece. And suddenly the phone rang making us both jump. We scrambled to clean up our small mess, this was the only room with a phone and mrs. Clavel would walk in any moment. Running put of the kitchen, we hid in the pantry, breathing heavily.
We heard miss. Clavel come In and answer the phone.
"bonjour?" she answered. Aggie put an ear to the crack of the door. Miss Clavel spoke in rapid French, I didn't know much French unfortunately so I didn't understand.
"what is she saying?" I whispered to Aggie. She waved a hand behind her to quiet me. 
"it's about your birthday." she hissed. I pressed my lips together, straining my ears. 
"I think she's talking to Elaine." elaine was our cook. She had recently gotten married to a sailor and we rarely saw her anymore. I hoped she was coming for my birthday. 
"a bientot." miss Clavel said hanging up, we heard the retreating sound of her footsteps as we fell from the closet.
"I think Elaine is coming to stay." aggie said blinking at the bright lights.
"for my birthday?" I asked. 
"no and yes, I heard miss Clavel mention a fight. Maybe Elaine and Rupert got into a fight." I smiled anyway, i loved Elaine and I could talk to her about anything. This would be a good day.

Pepito's POV
     I shoved my hands into the pockets of my leather coat looking under the hood of my car. I casually looked over to miss clavels house, seeing Madeline and her premature friend aggie through the kitchen window. I looked back at my house making sure no one was watching me. Which nobody probably was, nobody cared. I just liked to pretend someone did. It was cold out this morning.  I crept over to the shrubs where Madeline and I would plot plans as children. Poking my head over, I did my signature whistle hoping she'd hear me. I needed Someone to talk to, and as young as Madeline was, she always understood. Looking through the window, I saw her look to the sound catching my eye. I wondered if aggie knew about us talking. Madeline said something to aggie and motioned for me to meet her out by the shed where they kept Genevieve the dog. I ran over trying to avoid the eye of miss Clavel who could be potentially watching from anywhere. Letting myself in and shutting the creaky door behind me, I was greeted by the happy barks of Genevieve. I rubbed the retrievers ears, giving her a treat that I kept in my jacket pocket. It was dark in in the shed except for the small window overlooking my family's property. The shed door opened and Madeline slipped in wearing a Chinese robe over her long nightgown.
"make it quick Pepito, they'll be looking for me." she said rubbing her little arms. Suddenly felt stupid for pulling her from her warm house to talk about my pathetic life. She saw my face and hers softened.
"is something wrong Pepito?" she asked stepping closer. 
"the gang is planning something bad." I said referring to the street gang I joined as a 16 year old. Back then I just did it for attention and power in this city, but now I couldn't get out. Madeline sat crosslegged next to Genevieve rubbing the dogs ears. I didn't think she noticed that I could see her panties but I didn't have the heart to tell her.
"like...what?" she asked looking me in the eye. I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket and the old fashioned lighter my grandfather gave to me. I lit my cigarette nervously. 
"they want revenge on the cop that put Frankie up." Madeline mulled over this. I remembered my long time friend who robbed  a house a few months back. And of course, being a gang member, the court was harsh on him. They wanted to make an 'example' of him, giving him a sentence of 10 years.
"you've got to get out Pepito." she said quietly. 
"don't you think I know that Madeline?" I answered, my nerves taking over. Smoke blew her way and she waved at it.
"you know I hate smoking Pepito."
"then don't." I said glancing yet again at her underwear. Madeline stood up brushing the dirt off of her robe.
"what will you do? You know the guys will hurt him, or even kill him." I nodded knowing this all too well. 
"I'll figure something out." being an ambassadors son, I couldn't get into the kind of trouble that these boys were getting into. Playing pranks on the local grocer was a lot different than killing a cop.
Madeline came over and took my cigarette from me throwing it on the ground and smashing it with the toe of her slipper. 
"I saw a new girl leaving your house last night. Who is she." she asked. It didn't sound like she was jealous. Merely curious. I recalled the girl, Evette. She was a favourite amongst the guys in my gang. She did anything we wanted as long as we kept her around, it was a status matter if you asked me.
"we were discussing business." I said looking down at her small round face.
 Madeline raised an eyebrow. Her small pink lips pursing.
"uh huh...well I have to go. Be careful Pepito and remember what I said." Genevieve followed Madeline out as I watched them go. Something fell out of madelines pocket as she shut the shed door behind her. It was a handkerchief with her Initials embroidered on it. I held it close to my face smelling lavender. I stuffed it into my pocket leaving the shed in the same manner I came.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, if there are any other POV'S someone wants me to give I can do that too:)