Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

I walk the tightrope on my way home

When I was eleven, I got into an accident that left me half blind. My left eye now sits there sagging my face down as days go by, useless and obviously blind to the half the world around me. My peripheral was irreversibly ruined in my left eye and losing my 20-20 vision was really disheartening. I thought I'd always be this blind, useless sixteen year old until I met a strange boy named Zero.

Image

"What's wrong with your eye?" He asked in the most polite manner while we were both standing at the bus stop in the middle of possibly no where.

No. That's not that rude at all.

"Isn't it obvious?" I scoffed, trying to be humorous but today I wasn't up for it. Today was the 5th year anniversary—or rather mark—of the day I lost my left vision.

"Did you...gain Sight?" He questioned and I won't lie, I wanted to punch him so hard that he'd go flying all the way to the power pole on the other side of this street. You'd think seeing someone blind would mean they lost 'sight'. At the time I didn't know he said sight of that with a capital S. At that moment I had no clue what the hell this stranger was on about.

"Aren't you a little too rude, even for a thirteen year old?" I snapped, assuming his age.

He looked bewildered for what seemed like a whole 3 hours in just three petty seconds. Although, of course I couldn't see his face. Thank god he was on my left side where my right eye peripheral didn't reach.

"I'm not thirteen, I'm seventeen," he huffed, slightly dejected but his lips were smiling.

"Could've fooled me," I sighed, looking to the ground as I refused to look up with my left eye, not if I didn't necessarily have to.

I had no idea what this seemingly dimwitted fool was saying. He wanted to know about my eye, tried to make a joke out of it (so not funny) and defends his age, which for the record, should be thirteen if I could choose.

"I'm blind."

And now we're starting on names—wait, what?

Only when I did look up did I see he was staring right past me. Creasing my brows and narrowing my eyes I saw the unmistakable scars of broken baby blue covering his right iris, his hair covering what I presumed was his blind left eye.

"How did you know I was even here?" I questioned carefully, undoubtedly freaked out to say the least; I'm pretty sure I hadn't made any noise in indication of my standing here.

"Because I can see...and it's right behind you."

Image

He was always confusing and half the time—or maybe most of the time—he hardly made any close resemblance to the word "sense". He never made sense in the things he did and the actions he took, well, not in the logical, rational way of thinking. He was always spontaneous and chucking out random words when he got the chance, saying things that would freak out normal people; people without The Sight.

Other than me, no one could understand this weird boy named Zero.
♠ ♠ ♠
Newest story besides Kiss Me Like You Mean It.

Aha, hope this intrigues people because I'm having an awesome time writing it :)

Gah I posted this in library computer so sorry if it's rushed I actually didn't proof read until today o.O TELL ME ABOUT GRAMMAR ERRORS/SPELLING MISTAKES, kthnxbye.

ciao, lovelies. Comment & Subscribe <3

Title credit: The Maine - Saving Grace