Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

Count me in and I'll be the one to take the knife out of your spine

Zero was on my bed and I looked at him secretly thinking back and wondering how we got into this whole mess with a conniving Poltergeist. Zero had handed me my mobile that was left on my table, telling me to call Gordon and say I couldn't go. I really didn’t want to go anyway.

"Gordon, hey it's Valery. Yeah, um, sorry, my mum won't let me go, she said we're staying in and having family dinner, what with the whole attack thing," I breathed into the mobile I never used, unfamiliar with it as I'd never needed to use it at all.

"Oh, that's...okay..." he said on the receiving end, sounding a bit disappointed. "Is it okay if I come over then, because I really need to tell you something important?"

I bit back a frown, but by the end I was really frowning.

"I just...really need to talk to you."

"Okay, um come over now I guess," I spoke and hung up, looking at Zero who's face was contorted with annoyance.

"You're letting him come here?" He practically spat, and it was the first time I'd ever seen him this way.

"He said it was important, sheesh. I'm gonna need you to hide or something unless you're leaving. I don't know what's going on inside that head of yours mister but he's a classmate and we gotta help each other. Now, either go or—"

"I'm staying," he seemed to growl, only he stomped outside my room.

I rolled my eyes in complete oblivion to what his issues were.

About ten minutes of waiting, and with Zero in a foul mood, I opened the door to a knock. Seeing Gordon looking sheepish I nervously let him in.

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" I asked and he briefly looked up the stairs.

"Can we talk in your room, maybe? I'm sorry if I'm being too forward but I don't want anyone to hear," he spoke, and that made my skin crawl in a bad way.

Who would hear anyway? We're along in this house, save for Zero.

"Okay..." I trailed off, showing him the way. I quickly glanced around the living room to see if Zero was still here. If anything was going to happen I really hoped he'd be around to...save me.

Once I stepped inside my room, he spilled everything.

"I'm gay."

It was really simple. Two words, so simple...

"Oh...yeah I kind of figured," I grinned, suddenly relaxing in the situation, wondering if Zero heard that.

"And the guys at the private home school are pretty much bullying me, even though I like Ethan so much," he was frowning as if someone stole his lollipop—almost about to burst into tears.

"I'm guessing Ethan's the blonde haired one?" I pondered aloud and he looked up, nodding. "It's just, I notice you staring at him a lot."

"Oh... oh god, am I that obvious?" He chuckled sadly to himself. "Anyway, when I asked you if you wanted to go see a movie, it's because I wanted to show him that I could get a pretty girl to go out with me, and maybe he might let it go that even though I'm gay, I'm still a cool guy... I don't know what I was thinking, it was stupid. I'm sorry for bringing you into this."

I didn't know whether to be flattered or shocked that he'd implied I was pretty. But I didn't say anything about that.

"Aw, Gordon, you're totally cute! If Ethan can't realize what a cool guy you are, then I don't think he's worth it. You shouldn't spend your time even thinking about him," I advised him honestly.

"But I can't. He's everywhere. He lives next to me for god's sake, and we go to the same private home school and I just...can't get him out of my mind," he more or less, started sobbing.

"Gordon, just think about it; if Ethan doesn't give you the time of day, give yours to someone else who will. Or you know, if I was typical public high school girl, I'd get someone to make him jealous or something. For the record, you’re the gay friend I never thought I'd have, and I don't really have any girl friends, besides Felicia, so I wouldn't really know what to do, but I'm saying, show the guy what he's missing out on. In saying that, does he know you like him?"

"Um, I think I may have blurted it out accidentally," he blushed, as if remembering the time.

"Well then, there's no better way than to make him doubt your feelings for him. See, if what I've read in fiction novels is partly true, then if someone confesses feelings for another, but doesn't follow through with them, the confused person would have to have their mind set on the confessor since they're the ones with feelings. Make him think about you when he sees you with someone else. If he even has to tiniest feelings for you, you'll know it and he'll be confused as to how he feels, you'll just have to show him," I surprised myself even for saying all that. I was never the trickster, never the trickee; only ever the tricked. But here I was giving advice almost as if it was blasphemous intelligence to my gay friend. It felt...oddly good.

"Miss Valery Collins, who knew you were so cunning?" A voice said, but it wasn't Gordon, it was Zero, standing with his arms crossed at the door with a smile playing on his lips. "I'm in."

Image

"You're willing to be interested in Gordon and show Ethan what he's missing out on?" I quipped. I just had to laugh.

"Wow, Valery, this secret boyfriend of yours is gorgeous," Gordon sighed admirably. My face scrunched up as I looked at his love struck face and Zero's timid one. Did he really just say Zero was gorgeous? I looked anywhere but at Zero as I let out another laugh.

"That's a good one. Okay people, lemme get this straight. Zero, you're willing to pretend to be gay?" I reestablished and he shrugged a yes.

"He's alright," Zero chose his words carefully, and Gordon beamed.

"I like him Valery. He's a keeper," he grinned and I rolled my eyes.

"We're not together like that, I'm not cut out for dating, and I think Zero is gay too, hey you two would make a real good gay couple!" I clapped and Gordon smiled, blushing while Zero had to laugh.

"I'm straight, sorry. I'm doing both of you a favor, taking part in your scheme; can't I just help my fellow dude?"

"Fellow dude?" I quipped, chuckling. "That is the most oddly casual thing I've heard you say besides 'I need to take a piss' pfft!"

Gordon was, truth be told, quite excited for Zero to play a guy interested in him. The more Zero talked with Gordon, the more I became aware of the fact that of course Zero could talk to other people; I wasn't the only one he'd ever spoke with, obviously. Somehow...I wished deep down inside that I was exclusively his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Framing Hanley – Count Me In

See, it's gone into normal teen issues (well for Gordon) haha next chapter is just what happens and then the mystery is back up again.

One of my readers commented and guessed something about Zero so if you wanna know, or you've already been assuming well yes, it's right ;) But that's not the whole story lalala you'll have to wait for it to come together haha.

*Sigh* I should really do my homework/assignments instead of writing stories but I'm actually productively procrastinating :D

Sorry to say I think this might be my last update for my holidays for this story (unless I update later today) cause well I've got my homework/assignments on top of me writing a new story—boy slash—which I will post up...after I finish A Boy's Love Affair, or some time since I've already got 5 stories clashing here for updates even though I'm hardly updating ARFD and TMKMBM. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out my other stories then ahaha

Thanks to everyone who's commented&subscribed up until now. I promise I'll try to get more up even though I have so much to do ><

New commenters:
end.of.forever
PenguinATTACK