Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

You ought to be holding me, I'm not containable

No Poltergeist or ghosts or ghouls to worry about. Zero and I had a booked schedule with Gordon, making sure tomorrow, on Sunday, we'd go to where Gordon always saw Ethan hang out which was at the café two blocks away from their home. It was quite a thrill, living as I'd picture what any normal, not half blind high school girl would be doing on the weekend. I'd told my parents I was hanging out with a friend and they were more than happy to let me go—I'd told Gordon that my parents wouldn't let me hang out with a guy by myself, but I'd told them it was Felicia, from private home school and they obliged. So I'd pretty much lied to my parents, saying I was hanging out with a girl. He wasn't offended.

Zero was striding along with us. Turns out Gordon didn't live far from me. A ten minutes walk—no wonder he'd gotten to my house in ten minutes, duh!

"Hey don't worry, remember he'll have to think about you all night, confused. And by Monday you'll have him by the collar," I grinned, maybe a bit too excited about this. And I assure you, it's not because Zero was looking really good that I was almost jealous of Gordon. Almost.

"Be casual, but be close!" I wished them good luck as they walked into the café. I thought I glimpsed at Ethan in the corner table with the other guy—I think his name was Mitch—from home school with two other boys. But they weren't the reason why I backed up a step, looked back through the window and did a double take.

"Please not here," I whispered, frightened as I whirled all the way around to open the café door.

Zero turned to look at me with the same wide eyes and I made a signal to not do anything but what they were doing.

"Hey Gordon, who's this here," I said appropriately loud enough for Ethan to hear, and maybe signal the ghost behind him to follow Zero who replied, "I'm Danny," he said in a fake but convincing British accent, shaking my hand.

"I, uh, need to use the restroom, be back in a tick! Order hot chocolate for me please?" He moved swiftly, almost gracefully to the men's room and I glanced the only way I could, right; seeing the ghost catch onto the blindness of his right eye which Zero had hidden behind his fringe for today, not wanting to show Ethan Gordon had a pretend half blind love interest. Luckily I hid behind my hair as I watched it pass through the wall.

Sighing in obvious relief I plopped down next to Gordon, ordering three hot chocolates, assuming Gordon wanted one.

"What was that all about?" He asked frowning, but then grinning instantly. "He was looking at us."

I was excited for him, and worried for Zero. Would he chant his poetry again or would the ghost harm him. Well...since we could see it I guess it wasn't a Poltergeist intent on doing harm.

And the thing of it was, the blind could really see ghosts, but it was the ghosts who didn't know we could see unless they saw that we were blind. Ghosts must've been aware that blind people had the ability to see between the veiled worlds because how else could it be explained.

"Valery, are you and Zero okay? You're spacing out. Didn't he just go take a leak?" Gordon poked my shoulder lightly and I got my head out of the clouds in time to see Gordon's eyes widen slightly and a blush creep onto his white cheeks. Too obvious there sonny boy.

"Um, so you and that boy, Danny, eh?" I quickly saved, knowing full well Ethan had to be behind me judging by the way Gordon was looking past me.

"Hey...Valery, hey Gordon," Ethan greeted and I suppressed a smirk as I turned around in my seat.

"Why hello Ethan, didn't see you there." I feigned ignorance and smiled slightly.

"What're you guys doing here, I'm here with Mitch and two of his mates," he said and moved to the side so we could look at Mitch and the two other boys who waved at us, grinning.

"Cool, I was just passing when I saw Gordon," I said and nudged his leg discreetly.

"Oh I'm here with—" he was stopped short as Zero came up to our table.

"Did you guys order?" Zero spoke—in character again with his British accent, which, okay, I shamelessly admit was hot—and when he saw Ethan, I could see recognition in his eyes. "Oh and who's this?"

Zero made it plainly obvious he was here with Gordon, slipping into the seat next to him and casually draping his arm over his shoulder, causing Gordon to blush harder and Ethan to pull on a fake smile.

"Ethan," Gordon and I said in unison. I grinned at him.

"Ethan this is my... this is Danny," he introduced, both of them going for a shake. I felt the need to applaud him for being straightforward then turning subtle like what did it care to Ethan what 'Danny' was to him.

As Zero stared at Ethan hard in the eyes, Gordon coughed.

"Well okay then, do you have to go somewhere Ethan? Danny and I were going to watch a movie later if you and Mitch want to join?" Gordon asked conversationally, the blush on his cheeks had already faded. Zing! And another applaud for his smooth talk.

"Cool, yeah sure well I can go, but I think Mitch has to get home for his old man's birthday," Ethan nodded back at Mitch who was standing up, getting ready to leave.

Suddenly Danny gasped and it alarmed me. But before I could say 'what', mister “Danny” had already spoken.

"Aw, babe, that reminds me, my mum has to go to a work mate’s party and I gotta take care of the li’l sis. But hey, maybe you and Ethan can go watch a movie," he suggested and Gordon looked completely lost. Was this even part of the plan?

I realized Gordon feigned sadness and looked at Ethan almost half-heartedly as he looked at Zero with a sigh.

"I guess... Ethan?" He inquired, looking Ethan right in the eye, questioning him and his feelings.

"I'm still free, I wouldn't mind," Ethan piped up and we all secretly smiled. Mission accomplished.

"Here's your hot chocolates."

Image

After the café, in which we left Gordon and Ethan sitting in, chatting like old time friends, Zero and I escaped and began walking back.

"Well that was exciting. I never in my life imagined I'd take part in something like that. Quite thrilling," I grinned, only noticing that Zero was being quiet. "And you mister Danny from Britain were pre’y good. I think you should be an actor."

He wasn't even listening and I was complementing him!

"Zero, what's wrong?" I stopped, touching his sleeve and pulling him back from walking right onto the road.

"The ghost... back there," he sighed and looked at me, his fringe still over his blind eye, making his right eye glow with more blue against his dark hair. "I just... it sent me...a message."

It was like he didn’t' want me to go there, at least not now.

"Hey..." I murmured, tentatively touching his arm again. "You don't have to tell me until the time is right."

With a gracious smile Zero leaned forward and pecked me on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG TIME NO UPDATE :'D

Currently in the process of updating my other stories right now, so if you read my other shet, then go go go!

Truly sorry, but finally new laptop and such and such ^^,

Title Credit: The Ting Tings - Shut Up And Let Me Go