Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

You're staring me down, a glance makes me weak

Sorry, I failed to mention what happened in the gap between my first encounter with Zero up until now. You can know about my secret at a later date, but for now, here's a quick interlude from real time.

Zero and I took the bus where he persisted that we were the "same" as in we're both blind—excuse me but I'm half blind, so we’re clear—and that made it spontaneously alright to become best friends for life. I don't think so buddy!

I think he kind of stalked me for about two weeks, given that my parents weren't home, he even snuck inside my house (psycho!) and then I don't know how or why, or even when, I just started to tolerate him. His footsteps, his voice, everything about him implemented itself in my mind until he just became apart of my daily life. Sometimes I scare myself when I look back and think 'what would my life be like without Zero' and everything's blank because without him, life doesn't seem right anymore. Call it fate, chance, or even coincidence, but I believe everything happens for a reason...so why is he in my life? It's been four weeks since then; four, very uneventful weeks since I met him.

Real time: Zero is still sitting on my bed. Bastard.

"Don't you have a home to return to?" I quipped, flicking my pen in hand in a bored manner. Maths homework really sucked especially if you sucked at algebra—exhibit A: me.

"You say 'home' but it is just a building classified as a 'house'. There is no where, where I feel at 'home', you see," he spoke too posh-like for my liking.

"Right..." I rolled my eyes wondering if Zero could explain anything remotely colloquial instead of blabbing irrelevant words in his sentences, kind of like how I am now. I went back to remembering formulas and applying them. Didn't go to well when my pen slipped out of my hand and shot at Zero.

"Agh! Are you trying to kill me!" He shrieked, and then scrunched up in face in confusion, then realization. Something was inside my room. "Hey!"

"Shut up!" I scanned the room. "What the hell? I can't even see it!"

"Me either!" He gasped as he threw himself at me, pulling my frozen figure down to the floor as three or four books came flying straight at us.

"Poltergeist!" I blurted out, remembering a time when I read that a ghost who was able to throw around objects was called a Poltergeist. Zero nodded insanely.

"Do it now!" I screamed, shoving him in the chest, as his torso was too close to my own body.

"Tortured soul, broken ghost, restless heart," Zero chanted softly but determinedly. "Open the gate, see the light, vanish now from our sight."

The seized up feeling suddenly broke and Zero fell back as I did on top of him.

"Hey, you okay?" He heaved us both off the floor and onto the bed.

"It got into my room," I breathed, shaken by this fact. "And it hasn't completely left us alone...yet."

"I know," Zero whispered in my ear, holding me tightly by my shoulders.

Image

"Mind telling me what those beautiful poetic words coming from your mouth meant?" I asked in a satirical tone of voice. The fact was, Zero had told me nothing of what he did and how he did what he did so that left me all confused and in the dark.

"I'd rather not," he replied casually. Hah, funny, he decides now to be casually blunt and not be all cynically uncanny like 'it is the nature of which I practice that I'd rather not speak of' or some fancy string of words like that.

"You're a real prick, you know that? You come into my life all I'm blind but I can see and then you think you can take refuge in my room, inside my house as if you've lived here your whole life. Now you won't even tell me about yourself other than you're a freak!" I snapped, and immediately regretted it when I saw his face.

Was it bad that I thought he was quite adorable looking at me at an angle that perfectly portrayed a model?

"I'm sorry," we said in synch.

I pursed my lips and his twitched into a smile.

"I'll tell you...when it's the right time... You okay with that?" He negotiated slowly, as if saying the wrong thing would make me go off on a snapping rampage.

"Yeah, sure, fine, whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
O.K, MASSIVE SORRY people! I suck at updating (obviously) because either I'm too busy, just busy, a little distracted, or just plain cbf. In this case, my laptop decided to die and well I can't update (read journal entry if bothered) so yeah. This is all I can give, unless I can update next chapter with this thing disconnecting on me :\

If you're lucky (well if I'm lucky and don't disconnect, this update will be one of two, so I'm going to press submit now).

And I just realized how very gay Zero sounded for chanting those words. Mwah haha

Title credit: AllAmerican Rejects - Dance Inside

Check out next chapter :)

Comments, pwease?