Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

A quiet thought, which then turned into a quiet word

"What do you mean, I tried to kill you?" Zero asked incredulously after I slipped into unconsciousness after possibly fainting. Yeah fainting, not because Zero punched me square in the face and knocked me out, pfft no.

"I didn't say kill. I said you choked me until I had no breath and then back handed me in the face and knocked me out," I growled hoarsely with an icepack pressed up against my nose.

"But I—I never—to you," he stammered incoherently.

"If you're trying to say sorry, well apology not accepted. I thought you had strong will power, but I guess you don't," I huffed angrily, knowing full well I wasn't being reasonably fair. The ice pack was cool where a nasty red mark was on my right cheek.

"Possession isn't about will power, it's not even about free will, Val! I couldn't control it and almost no one can until they subconsciously realize they're possessed which can take a lot of time and coaxing. But still, I am so sorry for doing that all to you even though I was possessed. Had I not been, I'd never have touched you like that," he pleaded in remorse. "I—I would never...."

I stopped short of my brain whirling around as those words past his lips. Apart of me felt a huge sigh coming on and then the other part had me blushing. Something's wrong here.

"Fine, I know you wouldn't have," I admitted shamefully to myself that he'd never hurt me, not when his embraces were so heavenly, er, I mean, warm and friendly and platonic.

"So...did I—the possessed me—say anything bizarre?" He said quizzically.

I looked at him for a moment. Almost sighing aloud in relief that he was looking not quite straight at me like the possessed him had done. It was creepy to say the least, but what was even more disturbing was the message or warning that Zero conveyed in that voice that was likewise to nails stroking a blackboard; a sound so distorted and down right wrong, I swore I thought my ears would've bled.

"Uh, no. Well, nothing that bizarre that comes out of your not possessed mouth anyway."

Don't ask me why I was compelled to lie to him, when we were in this (whatever this is) together.

"So... I did say something?" He asked again and I mentally cursed myself by implying that his possessed self did, in fact, say something.

"Yeah. Um, well I don't really remember because I was almost in comatose. I think you more or less went, 'eeeeeeaaaar' or something like that," I bull-crapped, biting back my deceiving tongue.

"Ear?" He burst out laughing and I blushed harder.

"No, 'eeeeeaaaar' like a war cry or something. You know I sound quite stupid making that sound. Who cares, that's all I remember, so let's just drop it okay?" I sighed, rather distressed.

Zero, softly and gently tugged a strand of hair across my face and I put my face into my hands in partial embarrassment.

"Hey..." he whispered softly. I couldn't look up and see those blind eyes but the warmth of his hand felt safer than any sanctuary of a room I've ever had. "If this happens again, get the metal bat in your cupboard and you know what to do."

Somehow this boy knew exactly what to say the make me smile.

Image

Zero hadn't gotten possessed in the few hours of the day, but come dark hour, I just knew something was bound to happen.

"Zero?" I called throughout my house; my voice reverberating back to me. Why did I even think he was here? After dinner, Zero would always vanish. That little brat was like a bloody raccoon, steals my food and leaves.

I sighed, rounding the corner that led to the TV room.

"Ahh!" I shrieked in total heart attack mode. "Zero what the hell are you doing here? And watching TV!?"

In my heart, I smiled softly thinking maybe he's coming around and staying was going to be more frequent what with this Poltergeist on our hands.

He didn't make a sound or move. In fact, he was quite stiff. Who’s stiff when relaxing and watching TV?! Something was definitely wrong in this picture.

I quickly ran upstairs to retrieve the bat. I hoped Zero wasn't joking around, cause neither was I.

"Zero?" I squeaked unintentionally as I went back downstairs. The TV was still on, only now there was a weird ad about naked girls on hotline 1800-sexy girls. Ew.

I rolled my eyes, "you're actually a perverted blind freak, right?" I chuckled, not even realizing that how could he be perverted when he couldn't even see?

Coming behind him I leaned forward to grab the remote and switch off the TV, only as I did so, my eyes connected to Zeros... in the TV screen.

"..." My eyes widened as Zero's hand—in possessed mode—shot out and attached itself unyieldingly to my forearm, squeezing it so tight I thought the bone would snap.

"I told you to stay away!" He screeched, and this time, I think my ear drum did burst as he hurled me across the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo Zero's brother? DRAMA! Um, I kind of fail at horror, but whatever! This is mystery then, LOL

Even with 6 subs, I'd like to know what you all think :(
Hahaha 6 comments, 6 subscribers, like one each xD It mostly depends on how many readers you have, I've noticed :\

Title Credit: Regina Spektor – The Call