Status: ON HOLD

Unveiled

Every single moment I will need you

A hand was squeezing onto mine as if I was the only leverage they had over a cliff. Not to mention, ow?

"Mom?" I groaned and the person, I saw, moved quickly and shushed me with one finger. I could see the blinds slightly open; it was night time.

"Val, oh my god, if there's anything—I am so sorry, again, I think that—"

It was my turn to shush him.

"Zero," I croaked softly, touching his rather warm—flustered?—cheek with my right hand. I'm pretty sure his own hands subconsciously held mine gently against his cheek. I blushed slightly.

"Val?" He whispered and I hummed a reply.

"Forgive me," he responded as his lips touched my own.

Image

I haven't seen Zero for a week now since then. And a whole week I hadn't gone to school. That little brat thinks he can get awake with attacking me twice, then kissing me! How dare he?!

My parents, for the record, really did keep to their word and when I got home from school, something delicious was waiting for me in the fridge. It felt good that my parents worried for me enough to do this, but I got along fine on my own when they had work—save for the whole Zero in possessed mode.

I'm guessing that's why Zero hadn't been around...unless he was avoiding me like the little brat he is.

Speaking of school, I don't go to a school, per se. When I said my parents work hard for my education, it's true, because private home teachers are big money, and yes, I am home schooled, but at someone else's house. Which is why, the first time I ever encountered Zero, had been when I was standing in front of a bus stop after my normal class at the private home teacher's house. The house was literally not even surrounded by anything except land; it was a whole house, disconnected from the main houses in the suburb—which was weird considering how modern the house was. I was forced to scrutinize the moment and why Zero had even been there.

A knock at the door literally pushed me out of my thoughts as I jumped a mile high out of my seat and onto the floor. I shakily laughed at how jumpy I was at every sound, twitch or creak.

As I made my way downstairs I was thinking it may be Zero, but that thought was lost faster than it was thought up as I realized, why would he knock when he just appears in my room?

For a moment, my hand stopped as I touched the cold door knob, wondering if it was the police coming for more of an interrogation.

I opened the door slightly, seeing an all too familiar face.

"Hey," I said brightly at the boy who I shared the same private home teacher with. "Come in."

"What brings you here, Gordon?" I asked and he turned around to face me.

"Ms. Brighton heard what happened and well, she said she wasn't the type to pry, but you did miss a whole weeks worth of learning still, so here," he gave me a stack of papers in a folder with a sheepish grin.

"Hey it's not your fault. I got to catch up, it's all good. Thanks for bringing it," I smiled, only it faltered when he didn't make a move to leave.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow night?" he asked the same time I asked, "is there anything else you need or is that all?"

We both chuckled quite nervously when we responded, again at the same time, "no."

"Oh, um... why?" I stammered, feeling my cheeks colour as his did.

"I was wondering if you...maybe wanted to see a movie with me?" He asked, gently biting at his lip.

"Sure, I'd just have to ask my parents. I'll get back to you," I replied, in my most calm voice. It wasn't that Gordon wasn't good looking—he was damn well cute—but, I must shamefully admit, I thought he was gay. There was one other girl and two other guys who were privately taught inside the same house and every time we had lunch, I always caught him staring at one of them since he always sits with us. You'd think it was just because he was a guy who wanted to hang with guys, but his stares were more or less of admiration for one of the two guys.

"Okay, cool," he smiled slightly then made his way to leave, slowly turning back.

"So yeah um, just call me," he said and slipped a piece of paper with his number on it in my other hand not carrying the folder.

"Sure thing, thanks again, bye," we waved and as he turned on the sidewalk I shut my door, sighing heavily and feeling lousy.

"Don't go," a voice said and as I looked up I saw Zero, with his head down slightly. "Don't go with him tomorrow."

"How the—what the—how'd you—"

I was at a loss for words. I was a freaking stuttering mess. At first I was so relieved to see him I wanted to drop the things in my hand and glomp him, then thought twice and glared fiercely instead.

"No, no way, not from you; I'm not listening to you after you practically avoided me after you kissed me! Oh yeah, I went there. You're in for one helluva lecture, buddy!" I snapped and he sighed.

"Val," he spoke, looking up sadly past my face. "I swear, I haven't been...avoiding you—"

"You hesitated," I said pointedly and he sighed again.

"Listen to me. That kiss...wasn't the kiss you think it was," he spoke carefully.

"Then what the hell was it? And what was with the 'forgive me' line, huh? What—forgive you for kissing me, then ditching me?" I hissed, practically chucking the folder along with Gordon's number on the floor as I stomped up to Zero. "Tell me!"

He closed his eyes, turning his head away from me when I made him turn my way as I held the side of his face.

"Tell me," I whispered again, this time softly and almost as if I was begging him for the explanation, should he give one.

"I was trying to...protect you," he replied in a softer whisper, his eyes still shying away from mine.

"Oh my gosh," I muttered, stepping back from him and retrieving the thrown things on the floor, heading up to my room. "You're lucky my parents are working late tonight because I've got a bone to pick with you mister, now get your arse up these stairs quicksmart!"

Had I not been busy stomping and glaring in front of me, I would've seen the secret of a smile that graced his lips as he followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aloha! Bwahaha I feel like I'm Valery cause I got surgery on my left eyelid and now I feel half blind xD

So, who's a bit confussled (my word for confused) and unsure of what's happening? Well, so am I! LOL I'm such a lousy writer haha I'm the worst at keeping tabs on things.

Oh well, next chapter if you want it badly has more ambiguity! Naw, jokes, it reveals something important and maybe something some of yous have picked up on, or at least are sus about :P Not sure what I mean? COMMENT <3

Title Credt: Alex Goot – No Surprise