Status: new co-author! expect more consistent updates :)

Let's Not Play Pretend

We'll Pick Back Up on That on Another Page

I stick close to Spence the next day at band practice. We actually had a lot of fun last night, which mostly consisted of eating junk food and watching TV. I really enjoyed myself, and apparently he did too, because he agreed to hang out again today after practice. Though I must say it’s amusing how oblivious to Ryan and Brendon Spencer is. I kind of wish that I was the one that didn’t know what was going on between them.

We’re working through one of our older songs—one we haven’t practiced in a while—and, honestly, we’re not being very productive. I blame Ryan. He keeps looking over at Brendon and making these faces, and then Brendon stops singing to giggle like Ryan just did the most cute-funny-hilarious thing.

“Stop it,” Brendon finally snaps at him, grin still intact, and pokes him in the side. That just starts a fight between them, poking each other relentlessly and rocking with mirth.

I look back at Spencer; he has an amused smile on his face as he watches. I put down my bass and head over to the cooler on the side of the room to grab soda. Spencer gets up and comes over, twirling his drumstick subconsciously, “Dude,” He says grinning, “I think we’ve been replaced.”

I choose not to respond and instead sit down on the couch, pulling out my phone to distract myself. It doesn’t work. Because even with the phone in my right hand, I just end up watching Ryan and Brendon instead. They’re still teasing each other, like they just forgot we were in the middle of a practice or something.

“Okay, okay,” Brendon says with a laugh, taking a deep breath like he’s composing himself before he steps back to his mic and glances up. He sees Spence and me sitting on the couch and looks behind himself, a confused look crossing his face. “Are we done?” he asks, tilting his head to the side like a puppy.

Are we?” Spencer returns, raising an eyebrow.

“Let’s just run through this song one last time,” Ryan says, and I glare as I make my way back to the other side of the room, but I don’t protest. Ryan doesn’t bother Brendon this time, but that doesn’t stop Brendon from looking over at him and grinning anyway, until we finish the song.

“I’m hungry,” Brendon announces and falls across Spencer’s and my laps onto the couch. I narrowly avoid spilling my drink on him, and he yawns. “And tired.”

“Don’t fall asleep,” I affectionately warn him. “Spencer and I can’t miss our movie.”

“You guys are going to the movies?” Brendon asks, sitting up with a curious glance. “What’re you seeing?”

Meeting Adjourned,” Spence answers.

“Oh, Ryan. Wanna go see that?” Brendon asks playfully, and I scowl to myself.

Ryan laughs. “We saw that yesterday, Bren.”

“Yeah, but it’s not like you watched any of it,” Brendon teases, rolling his eyes

“What?” Spencer asks, squinting at his best friend.

“I fell asleep,” Ryan mumbles, glancing at the floor very unconvincingly.

“I hope it’s not that bad,” Spencer says with laugh, then glances at his watch. “Well, we gotta go. See you guys.”

I push Brendon’s legs off my lap, standing up and following Spencer to the door. “See you later!” I call over my shoulder.

“There’s something weird about Puss,” I hear Brendon say softly to Ryan as we leave. A part of me really wants to stick around to hear Ryan’s response, but a bigger part of me doesn’t really give a damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by Penn. Last paragraph by moi (Johnny).

So, like, omg. I feel like I'm supposed to say something else here ...