Welcome to the Family

One

Harley held her breath as she passed the cemetery. This was a new habit she had formed after the passing of her best friend’s band mate. Though she was never really close with Jimmy, she did know him more than any of the other members of the band. Or at least she knew about all the things Brian had mentioned to her.

She continued steadily past it, taking a deep and long breath was she cleared it.

Amber sighed, standing in Zacky’s home, staring at the piano that he stood a skeleton next to along with a picture of Jimmy on top of the piano. She ran her fingers over the ivory and ebony keys, feeling the same magic she had felt when she saw her brother’s band for the first time live. Her brother had taken her out on a couple of tours with the guys and Amber had always had the most fun with Jimmy. He’d take her on tours of the venues and get hammered with her in the back lounge at night.

She knew that moving on would be difficult, but she was going to have to do it.

Nicole sat in her bedroom, staring up at the ceiling. Her eyes were blood shot and her nose was all stuffed up from crying at the music coming from her iHome. She had seen Aveneged Sevenfold fourteen times. She devoted her heart and soul to the band and would do anything for them if they needed it, including being a shoulder to cry on or just someone to hug. Though she may have been confused with a fan-girl, Nicole was not. She loved the band very much, but she knew when to appreciated them from a distance.

She wiped her eyes dry knowing that things were never going to be the same again.

Sadie was busy in her kitchen making as many baked goods as she could. She was Jimmy’s neighbor for four years and even in that short amount of time, her had had numerous gatherings where she should have called the cops, but never did. She knew it was none of her business to rain his parade, even if that meant only getting four hours of sleep before she had to get ready for work.

She glanced over at the vacant house from her kitchen window.

Whitney paused for a minute, keeping her fingers poised over the keys on her keyboard. She closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before opening them and continuing to type furiously at the keys. She had decided on her way home from work that she was going to pay tribute to one of her favorite musicians; Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. He had always inspired her to focus her passion on the drums, but economic wise she had to focus her passion in to being an assistant at the hair salon that Zachary Baker’s mother owned. Whitney nearly shit her pants when she got the call from her saying that she had met all of the qualifications and would like her to work there.

Re-reading what she had typed up, she figured that maybe one or two people would show up, after all, it was three months until the planned dated of the event. Deciding that it was good enough, she posted it to facebook and knew at least two of her co-workers would attend.

But never in a million years did she expect three thousand people that wanted to attend, some of which didn’t even live in the state of California.

From all over the globe, people were telling her how much they wanted to be there to support her, but couldn’t due to travel issues and such. Many of them said that they would do their own little tribute for him because she inspired them to.

Whitney nearly choked on her water when she saw the amount of people that had posted on the wall and the things that they had said. She never expected any of it.