I Remain Unknown.

I Missed You.

The day continued on, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Matt inviting me to come watch his band practice. When the bell rang, signalling the end of classes, I went to go meet him near the front entrance.

“Hiya” he said cheerfully, it almost seemed like he was bouncing up and down.
“Hey” I responded.
“We’re just gonna walk to my friend, Josh’s place, that’s where we jam” he said, and started walking, I followed him.
“So tell me about yourself” he said.
“I’m an only child. My dad died when I was five, my mom’s a whore, and I love music. There’s not much to me” I said quietly.
“Wow. That’s uh… I’m really sorry” he said, sympathetically.
“Nah, it’s fine. I’m glad you invited me though, I needed to get out of the house. What about you? What do you enjoy?” I asked him, changing the subject.
“Music, mostly. But video games are always fun” he smiled, I tried smiling back but it just came out as a stupid smirk.

We got to his friends house. We walked to the back door, Matt knocked. A boy with brown, shaggy hair and blue eyes answered. I instantly recognized him.

“Hey Josh, this is Rae, I invited her to come watch our practice” Matt, said, introducing me.
“You…” I didn’t let Josh finish his sentence before I turned around and started walking away, tears were already forming in my eyes.
“Dude! You know her?” I heard Matt ask Josh.
“Yeah, Long story. Just, wait a minute” he said, I heard footsteps coming up behind me.
“Rae, please listen to me” he said, grabbing my arm. I pulled away.
“Why are you even talking to me? I screwed so much up for you” I said, turning around to face him. My mascara was starting to run, I didn’t really care.
“You didn’t screw up anything. I mean, I was the idiot, I did it to myself” he said.
“Yeah but, I helped you. I introduced you to that shit! And for that, I’m so sorry, Josh, I really am. You don’t know how much I hate myself for screwing everything up for you. You were my best friend” I said, starting to cry even harder. He pulled me into a hug.
“Rae, I’m still your best friend, and since then, I’ve gotten help. I went to rehab, I’m better now. All I want is to talk to you again” he said, rubbing my back.
“Josh- I’m so- so sorry” I said in between sobs.
“There’s nothing to be sorry about. All I want to know, is how you’re doing? Please tell me you’re clean now” he said, pulling away and looking me straight in the face.
“Yes, Josh, I’m clean. And I’m never going back to it” I said, wiping the tears from my face.
“Good. I missed you, Rae. I did. But we should go back. Matt’s probably really confused” he said.
“I missed you too. But, I think I’m gonna go home and get some rest. I’ll see you around though, kay?” I said.
“Okay, come see me tomorrow, there’s something I want to show you” he told me. I waved bye to Matt, Josh was probably going to explain. I turned around and walked home, feeling better. Much better about… everything. I smiled to myself like an idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
third chapter. i'd really like to know what you think of it though. (: