I Remain Unknown.

I Feel so Guilty.

The next day at school, I was sitting in the library. Matt walked up to me. I looked up at him from the book I was reading -Some story about a girl with schizophrenia.

“Hey Matt” I said, putting the book in my backpack.
“Hi, do you… care if I sit down?” he asked, motioning to the empty seat across from me.
“No. I don’t mind at all” I smiled, I could feel how fake it was. He probably saw right through it.
“I didn’t know you knew Josh” he was playing with his pen.
“Yeah, Josh and I were best friends for a while then… well, I’m guessing you kind of know about his addiction?” I asked him, looking down.
“Yeah, I know about it” he told me.
“Well, long story-short. Josh is a bit older than me. But, we were at a party together one night. And in a way, I kind of introduced him to heroin. I overdosed one night, was found, sent to rehab, got out a few months later. Went back to school, was held back a year, for being so behind. I heard Josh dropped out. And here I am now” I told him.
“Wow. That’s a… lot. But, you guys are both here now, clean and healthy. And that’s all that matters now, right?” he said, smiling. I smiled back.
“You know, I just met you yesterday. I can’t believe what I’m telling you. It must be so much to take in. I-I’m so sorry. I’ll go” I said, picking up my backpack and leaving the library. I heard someone’s footsteps following me, he grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Rae, please don’t go. It’s fine. Josh is one of my best friends. And you know what? I want to be your friend too” he said, I turned around and faced him. I burst out crying, right there in the middle of the hallway, in front of everyone. Matt just hugged me. I pulled away, wiping my eyes.
“I-I’m so sorry” I said.
“Rae, you gotta stop being sorry. Nothing’s ever your fault. Shit happens for a reason” he said, looking at me.
“Okay. I’ll try, but, I just feel so guilty about Josh. I feel like I ruined so much for him” I said, tears forming in my eyes again.
“It was still his choice though, think of yourself, just for a minute. Look at what you’re doing to yourself, you’re obsessing over what happened in the past” he grabbed my arm, and lifted up my sleeve, pointing to my cuts and scars.
“You’re hurting yourself over this. Josh forgave you, actually, he tried telling you it wasn’t your fault either. So please, forget about the past and stop hurting yourself” he hugged me tightly.
“I can try” I said and smiled weakly.
“That’s all I’m asking for”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'd really enjoy some feedback... just saying. (: