Status: irregular.

So I Met You

One

For the seventeen years of my existence, I never really did something great that could probably alter other people's lives or even change the world.
What would you expect from me anyway? I'm just one of those plain and ordinary girls, the usual average, there was nothing ever so special about me. I have no extraordinary talents, no special skills whatsoever. Neither do I have best friends nor good friends. I'm a loner, an introvert. I like doing things my way and neither do I care about other people's business.
I am neither rich nor poor. My family is a typical family. My father works overseas whily my mother is an ordinary housewife. I have 2 older siblings, an older sister and brother with large age gaps compared to me, so I'm the only child left who still goes to school.
I am the youngest in the family, 17 years old, a freshman college student. Anne White. Anne White is my name.

XXX

"Anne! Anne! For heaven's sake wake up already!"
"Anne? Do you hear me? Wake up!"
I felt my body slowly being shaked. I hear a voice calling my name. But the voice sounded so distant. I felt like I was in a place where no one can ever disturb me. I was alone, all alone. And it felt like a dream.
" Anne White! You better wake up now or you will surely be late for school!"
"hmmmm..."
"Anne! Get up from bed right this instant!"
Then I felt my dream crashing down. My sister, who is 10 years older than me, woke me up. Her voice almost shattered my eardrums. I was fully awake now. Now when I was just enjoying some quality sleep which I was deprived of from the past few days...
I bolted up. I sat upright in my bed and looked at the alarm clock beside the table near my bed. It was 6 o'clock...
"OMG! It's alread 6! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"
"Duh! Don't shout at me missy! I was waking you up but you just kept tossing around! It's not my fault so never blame me!"
"Ok. I'm sorry Helena! I kinda slept late last night. But I seriously didn't hear my alarm clock ring so i wasn't able to wake up early!"
"Fine. Whatever. Just stop complaining and get yourself fixed as fast as you can so you won't be late. Anything you want me to fix for you?"
"Nothing sister, but thank you."
"Sure, my pleasure as always."
She winks at me then leaves my room. As soon as she left, I immediately went to the bathroom, took a bath, and dried myself as fast as I can. I then changed to my school uniform and went downstairs.
When I went downstairs my mother was waiting for me. The look on her face tells me I'm in for another sermon.
"Don't you have a class at 7 Anne?It's 6:30 and you haven't even eaten breakfast yet!"
Blah. Blah. Blah. What a way to start my morning.
"See that is what the problem is with you Anne White. You sleep late, wake up late, and be late for school! You're not a little kid anymore so be responsible for your actions! I won't be shocked if you get drop out of the university because you're always late!"
As I ate my breakfast, I had to listen to my mother's ranting of my "mistakes".
"If you're grades flunk Anne White you watch out. I'm warning you. You better change that stubborn attitude of yours or you're never gonna step to that university ever again, did you hear me?"
"Mother, don't exaggerate. I am not always late, and my grades are for sure not even close to failing."
"How sure are you? Tell me how? You're always late, you expect teachers to give you a special treatment?"
I fell silent. I didn’t want to argue anymore. It felt like everything that is coming out of my mother’s mouth are all lies. Lies about me which were never true. I’m tired of always having to defend myself from all these lies. I’m just so sick and tired already.
I hurriedly ate my breakfast and brushed my teeth. All the time my mother won’t just stop.
"Why can't you be responsible like your brother? Why can't you be like him? Your brother is very obedient, responsible, and diligent. You're a young lady! You should have good qualities as well!"
I took my bag and hurriedly went out the door. It was always the same like this. Every morning we have to argue over and over the same topic.
"Anne, did you hear what I just said?! Anne?!"
"Yes mother! For a million times over and over again!" Then I slammed the gate shut.
How can't I possibly not hear it? It was always the same argument we had. It never changed. I was always like this and like that. I was never better than my brother. Never now, and will never be.
It hurts at first to be always compared.I hate being compared. But eventually I got immune to it. Though it still hurts sometimes, I just let it be. I never really cared. I'm different, I don't want to be like my brother. That is something I always hold unto.
As I looked at my watch it was already 6:55 AM. Ten minutes before seven. Time flies by so fast I hardly realized I'm gonna be late for school again. I've been late 3 times straight. This is going to be the 4th time.
What a life I was living. I have pressures from school, studies, family, and worst, transportation.
Everyday, it took like forever for a jeepney* to pass by. Our place was like a deserted place. It was inward, a little bit far from the city so jeepneys* and cabs pass by at certain hours. I am going to be late for sure.
I waited for 15 minutes for a cab or jeepney* to pass by. Finally, a cab did.
I have no choice but to get inside the cab. I'm late, but I don't want to miss the entire period of my English class. I still want to attend though I'm late.
"Mister, please take me to West Paulinston University as fast as you can."
The driver smiled back at me through the rear view mirror. I looked away and stared oustide through the window as the cab started moving. I can't wait to get to school. I still have the rest of the day to change my bad morning.

* jeepney= is the mode of transportation in the Philippines. ;D
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story. Please comment. Constructive criticism are highly appreciated. ;)
Please don't be too harsh. Thank you!