Sequel: Fall of the Vatican
Status: Finished :]

Sins of an Angel

Chapter Twelve: Damaged Souls

Cyr was sitting on his bed casually as he sighed slowly. He grew weaker because of his lack in bringing his sin to the world, and he felt frail. His throat was sore, and he could hardly breathe. He had so much on his mind that it made him queasy. He got himself up as he walked toward the window. He pursed his lips as he narrowed his eyes… something wasn’t right. He felt like something was going on… but he couldn’t be sure. He felt his stomach knot and he turned back, closing the shades. He threw his shirt off as he went to his sink, washing his face. He felt so weak… he knew he wouldn’t last much longer, but he didn’t care. He only hoped to see Emira. She always seemed to give him the strength he needed.

As Cyr walked back into the hallway, he leaned against the wall, sighing. He felt so unmotivated to do anything. He closed his eyes, which felt like lead bullets, and he soon dozed off silently for only a few moments. As he had shook off his quick slumber, he got himself up to rest in his room. Upon opening the door, he saw a girl sitting on his bed with blond hair and a short, pink laced nightgown on. She smirked at him as he stared in confusion.

“Why don’t you play, Cyr?” she purred.

“Sepheria… what are you doing here…?” Cyr narrowed his eyes.

“Father sent us to teach you what you once were best at,” her face went serious; “You’ve fallen for an angel. You must remember your purpose.”

Cyr bit his lip as he took a step back, but he felt hands on his shoulders push him forward.

No, no, no, Cyr. You’re staying with us,” Cyr turned to see another girl; one with black and pink hair.

“S—Skylar?” Cyr could barely speak. The entire situation overwhelmed him. The temptation was so alluring and he knew he wouldn’t be able to help himself. He tensed his body as he clenched his fists, breathing tightly as he tried to move away.

“Babe, you can’t resist this forever… it’s your nature to be like this,” Skylar then forcefully pushed him toward the bed.

“Stop… please…” Cyr could barely speak. It took all his strength to resist… it just wasn’t enough.

“Cyr… we need this… please satisfy our pleasures…” Sepheria pulled him down on the bed and began to kiss his neck.

“No… I…” he could barely breathe… but as he took his last troubled breath, his body relaxed, and his eyes changed as the room went dim.
Emira left the hospital with a sling around her arm. Her bones weren’t broken, since her wings gave her strength and tolerance. She walked down the street, Elraine by her side. She was growing frustrated.

“What’s the matter?” Elraine asked.

“Those dirty bitches… they think they can just waltz in and ruin everything. I want to kill them,” she growled.

“Don’t be so distasteful… their rightful opponents are Theran and Mairah…”

Emira sighed, feeling impatient. She had so man things in her mind, but what was especially bothering her was the names of each angel. Each angel had an official name… she had heard Elraine accidentally call her Sophia and Cyr, Asmarus.

“Elraine… what is your real name?” she asked finally.

“My name is Elraine. Once we are aware of our powers, we go by our real names again, among other angels. To the human world, I am Illia, though.”

“I see… what about Mairah and Theran? Same for them?” she asked.

“Yes, those are their real names. Your real name is Sophia.. and Peace, Charity, and Vivacity in that order are Amane, Carmella, and Ruka,” she nodded, “You have not met them yet.”

“I understand now. What about the sins, though? Did they have different angel names? I know Cyr was Asmarus…”

“Well yes. They were all Angels once, and as you know, Asmarus was the Angel of Bonds.”

“Yeah… what about the other sins?”

“Wrath—Ira—was the Angel of Cherishment, and his name was Vincent. Greed—Avaritia—was the Angel of Excitement and his name was Avidius. Vanity—Superbia—was the Angel of Gracefulness, and her name was Celedora. Envy—Invidia—was the Angel of Enlightenment, and her name was Cheryl. Sloth—Acedia—was the Angel of Innovation, and his name was Sypus. And Gluttony—Gula—was the Angel of Leniency, and his name was Serus.”

“Ah… I don’t remember those names…” she sighed, “I’ve gone to church my whole life and those names were never once mentioned.”

“That’s because the priests fear that if they rejoice in the names of fallen angels, then they will be sent into eternal damnation.”

Emira nodded, “So once I’m aware, I must go by Sophia?”

“Only to God and the other angels, you are Sophia. To all others, you are still Emira.”

“How come I seem to be unaware still? The sins seem to be all aware, and as far as I know, so are the Angels.”

“Sins are born with their awareness. Angels let it grow on them so that they do not declare too early on in their lives.”

“Is there estimation to what time the war should start?”

“In the next two years. Your awareness should come to you by then. You will be the last angel to gain awareness this time. Then, when you do gain awareness… the war will start,” Elraine explained.

“This time…? You mean the other angels gain it last sometimes?” Emira tilted her head.

“It runs in a cycle. In the beginning of the first age, you lost your memory. In the first age, you gained your memories back, and thus the war started, ended, and the second age began,” Elraine nodded, “Then each angel became the last to be aware with each age. In the last age, Theran was the last one to become aware. Now it is back to you.”

“So it’s not just me?” Emira asked.

“No, of course not. You’ll gain them again through the enlightenment,” Elraine smiled.

“Okay… what?” Emira was confused.

“The enlightenment is a form of prayer and training you must go through under a powerful priest. Liezah is most recommended… Mairah is already aware of his purpose through him and is training his third eye.”

“You need training to work your third eye?”

“Yes… if you overexert its power without training, the consequence could tear your soul…” she got quiet as she spoke.

“Tear my soul…?”

“When you tear your soul… it is a permanent scar that will only heal through a slow reconciliation session with God. The process could take centuries… and God must slowly mend your soul’s tear with Golden Fleece stitching, which his a holy substance used for divine healing and binding. The fleece burns heavily only until God is finished stitching… and it’s indestructible. Nothing can tear through it except for the purest of souls.”

“Sins, demons, and Sereptus himself all have this stitching along their spines, because God disposed of their wings. Along with this stitching is also a ‘V’ shaped scar from where their wings were once bonded with them.”

When Emira took all this information in, she thought about it for a long moment. She had not remembered seeing a scar on Cyr’s back… but she also has never seen his bare back. She also knew it would be dangerous sto use her third eye. She wasn’t sure how she’d train with it.

“What is the third eye used for? How do I get it?” she asked.

“I cannot tell you… you must figure that out yourself.”
Cyr was lying on the bed, his eyes closed as he bit his lip. His heart was beating rapidly and his sweaty palms were shaking. He could hear Skylar and Sepheria changing across the room. As Skylar slipped on her shirt on over her thin, refined stomach, she looked back to Cyr, smirking, “That was fun. Let’s do that again sometime.”

“Indeed,” Cyr sighed as he kept his gaze averted from them. He wouldn’t look at them.

Skylar continued to look at him, her eyes narrowing as she raised an eyebrow. She stayed still as she watched him, and soon, Sepheria stared in suspicion as well.

Cyr then turned back to them, a large smirk across his face. He got himself up as he started to buckle his belt.

“We’ll be back soon…” Skylar nodded.

“I’ll be waiting,” he had an eager tone.

The girls both sneered as they then headed out the door. As they were out of site, Cyr wiped his face and combed out his hair. He put his shirt back on and looked to the clock, which read 6:52 PM. He smirked once more as he grabbed his keys and headed out the door. He could feel his strength once more, and his tempts were rabid as ever. As he entered his car, only one thought was in his mind… the Cat House. The moment he was touched by a Sin once more, his instinct was back to where he first began upon meeting Emira.

Emira was walking quietly with Elraine. Elraine was observing Emira’s arm often, seeing how it was motionless within the sling.

“Can you move your arm at all? Angels are able to heal quickly…” she tilted her head.

“I don’t know; it’s kind of slung back…” Emira shrugged.

“Un-sling it, or whatever, and see if you can!” Elraine laughed.

Emira let the sling slide from her arm as she unwrapped it and looked to where her arm was shot… nothing was there. Her eyes widened in amazement as she smiled widely.

“See?” Elraine had a small grin on her face.

Emira looked around for a long moment, before realizing that she was heading into the worn down sections of Farona. The buildings were becoming coarser and the people were dressing a lot more risqué.

“Oh… this place again?” Emira rolled her eyes.

“Huh? What’s wrong here?” Elraine asked.

“A lot of prostitutes hang around here. Especially on the next block down. There’s a brothel that they all gather at.”

“A brothel…?” Elraine pursed her lips.

“You know… a whore house?” Emira laughed, “It’s a sick and distasteful place… I just want to punch a hoe right in the face whenever I get near there.”

“Emira!” Elraine gasped, laughing slightly, “That’s horrible!”

“They sell themselves for such a cherishing moment and waste it like trash. They deserve a slap of reality!” Emira crossed her arms.

“Well, I’m sure they’ll learn their lesson through violence,” Elraine couldn’t help but start laughing more.

“Damn straight,” Emira began to nod as she walked near the parking structure. As she looked around, she saw a silver car that looked very familiar to her near the brothel parking. She narrowed her eyes as she then saw a figure with long, black hair walking toward the Cat House. Her eyes widened as she stopped herself, her breathing stopping abruptly. She watched as Cyril Vale entered the Cat House doors… and she thought she was going to die.

“Oh my god… c—can we go back home…?” Emira was on the verge of crying.

“Huh? What’s wrong?”

“He’s never going to change… he’s always going to be a liar…” Emira turned around as she started to walk away, mumbling over and over.

“Emira! What’s going on?” Elraine walked beside her, grabbing her wrists.

Emira turned back at her with bloodshot eyes, but no tears were visible. She had a hateful glare on her face once more and she was going red. She felt so much tension in the back of her throat; she wanted to scream and cry and make herself noticeable to Cyr so that he would realize what he had done. With how stubborn she was, and how angry she felt, she wasn’t just going to let this go. She knew she was going to do something stupid, and she didn’t care.

“I’ll be right fucking back,” Emira started to stalk her way toward the Cat House slowly. She had dark eyes and she was breathing heavily. As she made her way through, tears started to stream from her face. When she made her way into the entrance, a tall man stopped her, directing her to the entrance fee.

“You need some dough if you want to get inside,” he held his hand out.

“Shut the fuck up,” she punched him in the face before walking in quickly, looking around. She could smell the cigarettes and perfume throughout the room, seeing the familiar bar in the corner once more. She then saw Cyr looking over a whore with a wide grin on his face. Emira’s anger was so strong… she felt a rush of power come over her as everything around her began to freeze in its time.

“Cyril Cadence Vale,” Emira commanded with her shaken, angered voice. The room slowed into a stop as everyone had stopped moving except for Cyr, who was confused by the time freezing. He then felt himself lock at the knees as he slowly turned around, looking to Emira with wide eyes. Not only was he scared because he knew he made a huge mistake… but he was also in fear because she had unlocked the third eye through anger. On her forehead, he could see the golden marks of a third eye glowing as her wings were flapping vigorously to each side.

“Emira… calm down, you’re going to hurt yourself…” Cyr took a step forward.

“Don’t fucking talk to me like you care!” Emira screamed at him, “You think you can do what you want with my heart… was everything you told me a lie? Are you really who you say you are?”

“Emira, please calm down!” he continued to walk toward her, “I promise, I’ll tell you what happened.

“No more promises, Cyr… I swear to God… you’re never going to be accepted by anyone. Not me, not God, and not even Sereptus feels he has faith in you. You’re a disgusting, insignificant creature who walks the earth only to hurt others!”

Cyr stood quietly as he felt his legs grow weaker. Seeing her in pain like this emotionally… it brought him so much worry. Hearing the words coming out of her mouth made him feel as though he should die.

“I’m not going to let you take over my life anymore…” Emira spoke darkly as she calmed herself, “After this… we’re enemies… and I will kill you when the war comes…”

Cyr couldn’t believe what he was hearing… but he expected this to happen… so he knew he couldn’t let his emotions get the better of him. He simply smirked, trying to keep his attitude calm. He knew her too well to see that she was lying through her teeth… and she would just give up the moment she left sight of him. If being enemies with her is what would keep her alive as well… that’s all that mattered to him.

“If we’re now enemies… then I promise I will make no appearances to you until that day where one of us must die… and I assure you… I have no plans of passing,” he glared as he watched her.

“So… was it a lie, Cyr?” she asked.

“Was what a lie?”

“You telling me you love me.”

Cyr knew what he had to say… and he shook his head, rolling his eyes, “Of course it was a lie… you’re a pitiful creature who needed guidance or you’d fuck everything up. You needed a shoulder to cry on while your little angelic friends continued to become aware. Now you’re with your angels and you don’t need me anymore. I hate you… you disgust me…”

Emira’s eyes were full of pain as tears streamed from her eyes. Cyr turned around, looking to the ground as tears fell from his eyes as well. He craved for her… he wanted to hold her and kiss her… but he knew that he couldn’t now… and it was all apart of Sereptus’s plan, he was sure. He started to walk out of the back entrance, not saying a word, letting Emira stand there in anger.

Emira then fell to the floor on her knees, staying quiet as she tightened her body and let out a long scream, loud enough to cut through glass. As she screamed, she felt a pulse of energy rip through her forehead, seeming to inject into her brain as she fell backward and time started once more. Everything darkened as people surrounded her, and her mind went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes... this is the tragic ending of Cyr and Emira... and I'm gonna let you know right now that I intended them not to be together for long. Sorry if you were Cyr X Emira fans): but that's the end.
THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE STORY!
I plan to go up to twenty something chapters before I end it...
then there will be a sequel!
Yes, I plan to have three books in this series. :D