Sequel: Fall of the Vatican
Status: Finished :]

Sins of an Angel

Chapter Thirteen: Memories

Emira had woken up, sitting against a large window, on her stomach as she looked around in blurred vision. She tried to figure out what was going on, but it seemed as though everything was swirling in her head too quickly. She could hear her name being called to her, and felt the touch of cold hands stroking her arms. She could barely breathe and she felt disoriented more than normal. What was she doing? Where was she?

Getting herself up, she felt the arms pulling on her, and she tried to push away. She wanted to move at her own pace. The darkened room she was in felt frigid. She could see a ray of colors that was glistening over her head, but she couldn’t tell what it came from. Her name was continuously called out, but she refused to respond. She kept her eyes closed for a long moment, staying still.

As she stood up, her majestic wings spread themselves out to the side, causing the room to fill with a gust of strong winds. She raised her hands as she felt her chest beating, her heartbeat in sync with her breathing patterns. As she lowered her hands to her sides, her body felt calmed and she stood in the darkened room, looking around. She was in a church. It was the church that was outside Farona. As she looked around, she had a calm expression, but her eyes were expressing anger.

“Emira? Emira, speak to me!” she heard a female voice speak. As Emira kept her direction averted to Elraine’s she crossed her arms as her wings began to hide themselves once more.

“Elraine, you don’t need to call me that…” she turned around as she smiled at the other angel, “It’s Sophia from now on.”

“…Sophia?” she wondered, blinking.

“It’s all coming back to me… the memories… I can see myself as an Angel again… I remember everything now!” she looked to her hands, as though she was in shock, “I’m still… I still feel like myself as Emira… but with all these memories as well!”

“Your… your awareness just came to you?” Elraine couldn’t believe it.

Emira looked around for a long moment as she took a deep breath, “I see all the wars… I can see myself fighting against Cyr… and I constantly see how he backs out and I am the one to kill him…”

“Because he loves you—“

“No. It’s a trap… it has to be. I saw a different side of him today… at the brothel…”

“Today? Sophia… how long did you think you were out?” Elraine tilted her head.

“Several hours?” Emira blinked, wondering what she meant.

“Several hours? Sophia, you were out for several months! Your father passed away in the building crash—your mother thinks you’re missing! Avery is going insane not knowing where you are, and Alphonse… he’s becoming a shut in because your mother is afraid to lose him!”

Emira’s eyes widened as she took a step back. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her mother thought she was missing? Her father died? She looked around for a long moment as her hands shook with apprehension.

“How are you feeling, Sophia? Are you sick? Do you still feel like Emira…?”

“It’s hard to explain… I have the same personality and wonders… as Emira—my human self… but I have all the knowledge I once knew as an Angel…” she sat herself back down, “I still can’t work my third eye… I know that much…”

“You can’t?” Elraine was completely bewildered by what was going on with Emira.

Emira shrugged. She wasn’t sure what to think anymore.

As Emira walked out from the church with Elraine, she stayed quiet. She needed to figure out what she wanted to do, now that she had her memories back. She knew she’d need to find Liezah… and that’s most likely where Elraine was taking her.

“Elraine, do you know how long Mairah will be taking with the priest?” she asked.

“I’m not sue… maybe a few more months.”

Emira sighed in frustration, “We don’t have that kind of time.”

“Sophia, the war is waiting on you. You have all the time in the world,” Elraine crossed her arms.

Emira pursed her lips in aggravation as she looked away, “I don’t want to wait that long.”

“Don’t you think you’re overreacting? You have too much on your mind.”

“I’m fine. Just pissed off.”

“Then you’re not fine.”

“Whatever… can we please just get out of here?” Emira rolled her eyes.

Elraine stopped as she looked at Emira with narrowed eyes. She then raised her hand as she slapped Emira across the face, clenching her fist as she finished. Emira’s eyes widened as she looked at Elraine in horror.

“I am sick of your bratty attitude, Emira Sophia Stronghold. Stop acting like the world revolves around you and calm the hell down!” Elraine glowered, “You’re lashing out on everyone else because of your false hatred for Cyr and I’m tired of it.”

Emira stared in silence as she looked away, embarrassed of her attitude.

“Are you ready to start acting mature now?” Elraine asked.

“Yes,” Emira sighed.

As the two walked, Emira stayed quiet because of her annoyance getting the better of her. Elraine was right though; all Emira could think about was hating Cyr. What angered her was that she couldn’t bring herself to stoop so low… especially when she loved him. Of course she didn’t hate Cyr, but she wanted to.

Her life was taking a turn at this point. She didn’t seem to be herself. She wasn’t even an angel. She was a stranger who no longer existed. As time passed, she’d slowly begin to look like her angel form. Her hair was darkening, her eyes were going pale, and her birthmark was starting to discolor into a gold shade. She was maturing quickly—much more quickly than the other angels. Reason being… in order for the other angels to return to their true forms, the Angel of Love must transform first.

At one time, there were only three appearances of perfection. The colors of black, blond, or silver hair, with blue, green, or gray for eyes. These were the colors that angels were recognized from. The sins who have not altered their appearances are the same as their true forms. Angels born in human form take the genes of their mothering family, and as their awareness grows, they slowly change back to their original form.

Angels cannot return to their original angelic bodies until their body has been subject to demise. As their true form, their wings are always visible and they reside in the Kingdom of Heaven. Heaven is a world of flawless harmony. While God rests in the center of its peace, the Saints, who are beings of supreme enlightenment, watch over the land. Angels then roam, watching over the world as though they are patrons for a specific subject.

Now Emira was nothing. Not a human or an Angel. She was stuck in between, no longer recognized. Her roots were coming in black and one eye was paler than the other. Now her family would not see her as herself. They assume she is missing. Her life was falling apart, just as it did for the last seven generations.

This was the tragedy of an Archangel though, was it not? To be tossed into a family, believing they’re truly normal as they then are destined to unravel their true fate, ripped from the bonds they once had with others. To then mercilessly declare war on their once lover and watch as they die… and then their fate is in the hands of the sin who stands last… to go against them and hope to live in the end.

And if they die, the world suffers. And they are then blamed for the dark age that is swept across the world.

Why would someone choose such a fate? Only sorrow can be found in such a destiny. God trusts his Archangels. He knew that only they were fit for such a task.

Emira was heartbroken. Her eyes were constantly bloodshot and her body, frail and aching. She barely ate or slept. Now she only asked herself… what was Cyr going through? What troubles has he needed to overcome?
”You must be silent. Listen to your mother until you’re old enough to think for yourself. Run away if necessary. Don’t let anyone get in your way.”

Cyr sat on his bed, scared, breathing heavily as he watched the door. The sounds of shouting took place, his mother and father were loud, continuing to scream at one another. He heard how upset his mother was… she had found out about her father’s other wives. He then heard as they argued about himself and how his life would be in several years.

He was crying, shuttering in the corner of his bed. What else could a seven year old do? He knew of his purpose, but he was still only a small boy. He put his hands over his ears, gulping loudly as he shook his head. The sounds of his mother screaming worried him… he wanted to help her, but knew what the consequence would be.

The sounds of stomping were rumbling at his door as he then heard his mother yelp in pain. Upon hearing the sounds of her pain, he heard her cry in apology and panic. He then heard the sounds of a thunderous bang as the hallway went silent. Cyr looked forward, still cowering.

“M—Mommy?” he cried silently.

The door then opened as a man with silver hair covering his eyes grimaced at the boy.

“Your mommy wouldn’t listen. She’s dead.”

“Daddy, why!? Why did you do that!?”

“How many times must I tell you? I am not your father. I am your
master… you must call me Sereptus.”

“But mommy said—“

“Mommy isn’t here right now! You have these false visions, Luxuria. You saw Vera and myself as your loving parents! You are a boy with no family!
Vera… what a disgrace… she wanted to think of you as her own child… naming you Cyril, you’ve become accustomed to being known by such a name.”

“But Ira… and Superbia… and the rest of them all have—“

“False names that they only use as decoys to get around the real world,” Sereptus slapped Cyr across the face, “You’re weak… never once have you won a fight against Sophia.”

“B—But father—“

“I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!” he scolded.

“Why can the others call your father then…”

“Because I favor them… unlike your sorry excuse for a sin.”

“Please, I promise I can do better…” Cyr started to cry in fear.

Sereptus shook his head as he looked around the room. On the nightstand, he noticed a picture of Cyr and a small girl with red hair. He narrowed his eyes.

“Who is that?”

“S—She’s a girl from school… she’s Avaritia’s sister… she was nice to me.”

Sereptus’s eyes widened as he pushed the nightstand over, shattering the picture.

“DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS!? YOU MUSTN’T TALK TO THAT GIRL!” he screamed as he yanked on Cyr’s hair, pulling him forward, slapping him continuously across the face, “You’re stupid! Aren’t you aware!? You very well know that she’s an angel! You know that she was your lover!”

“I’m—I’m sorry! She was talking to me and she was nice!”

“That’s it. You’re out of that school and going under my constant supervision.”

“No, I promise I’ll change!” Cy cried, trying to push him away.

“Luxuria… there is nothing you can do to change my mind. Pack your bags. I’ll be taking you during school.”

“No, please!” he continued to cry.

“Boy, stop struggling or I’ll
really do something I regret,” Sereptus threw him onto the floor.

The impact was so hard, Cyr felt paralyzed in fear. He laid on the floor, breathing heavily. He was afraid to stare at Sereptus… he had a new fear he hadn’t felt in the last age… he looked to the door, trying to stay quiet as Sereptus then slowly walked out of the room.

As the years passed, the more Cyr wanted to escape. When he turned 14, he started to sell himself under prostitution. As much as he hated being a sin… it didn’t rid his tempts. He purposely got himself caught… so that one day, maybe Emira would be the sweeper to go after him.

It wasn’t long until he heard her glorious cry for help when Ezra grabbed her from behind.


Cyr tried to push the memories aside… but one in particular was constantly replaying. He sat in his room, incense lit as he looked to the mirror. He saw himself as a child once more… his hair combed back and in uniform for school… it was his last day of being normal.

It was recess and he was sitting by himself. He was on a lonely swing set and he watched Emira play with her friends.

“Emira…
Sophia…” he whispered, “Be safe…”

Cyr felt a hand on his shoulder as he looked up to see the same silver haired man from the night before.

“It’s time to go,
son,” Sereptus had a fake smile. Cyr saw through his act… he knew he was only doing it to look normal to others.

“Cyr!” a female voice called out. He nervously looked over to see Emira approaching them.

“E—Emi… you should go back,” he gulped.

“Is it true? Is it true that you’re moving?” she then looked up to Sereptus, “Are you his daddy? Why are you taking him away?”

Sereptus kept a smirk across his face as he looked at her, “So you must be Emira… Cyr told me a lot about you…”

“Emira, get out of here,” Cyr looked at her desperately.

“I’m taking him away because he’s been naughty… and he needs to get away from
you.”

“Emira, please!” Cyr shook his head.

Sereptus then put his hand on Emira’s forehead, “After today… you will not know anything about Cyr attending this school…
erase.”

“STOP!” Cyr screamed as Emira gasped, falling backwards, unconscious.

Sereptus laughed slightly as he then started to walk away, “Come, Luxuria.”

Cyr stood still, looking to Emira’s motionless body and back. He glared darkly, “You hurt her! I’m going to kill you!” he ran toward him.

Sereptus turned around as he grabbed Cyr’s hands and pulling him up over his shoulders, keeping him locked in that position.

“I’ve had enough of your attitude… let’s go.”


Cyr held onto his head, breathing heavily… each of these memories brought anger to him… he wanted to make Sereptus suffer so many times. He and all the other sins had separate mothers, but also had Sereptus as their father… all except Avaritia, who was a special case. He was born to Emira’s parents, but his fetus was implanted by Sereptus touching her womb.

Cyr breathed in as he got himself up, looking to the window. He was silent, only wondering where Emira could be…

“God… what do you want me to do… I want to end the war permanently… I want Sophia back… and I want You back in my life…” he whispered.

A light breeze glided against Cyr’s ear from the window. He looked over to the other side of the room as the wind carried the incense smoke toward his closet. He narrowed his eyes as he then walked over to it and opened the door. A small book fell out, onto his feet, and he picked it up, reading the cover. It was in Halionese, but he could read it.

The Salvation of Humanity… a book written by Liezah…?” his eyes widened, “Wait.. to end the war… I… I—Is this really what you want?”

There was no response.

“I understand…” he looked toward the hall, “I know what I must do… but I have to find Emira…”

He knew very well that she was probably on her way to train with Liezah… so he’d have to head to him. Especially since that had been the key. He headed out of his apartment swiftly as he then evaded Farona.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG CHAPTER! I know, it's fillerish to you probably... but it's important to know his backstory. Especially since he KNEW Emira before! And yes!! I was so excited when I wrote this.

And OMFG I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE ESCAPE THE FATE/ALESANA CONCERT!!!
Craig Mabbitt jumped on me and I kissed him everywhere when he rubbed my head<3