Sequel: Fall of the Vatican
Status: Finished :]

Sins of an Angel

Chapter Eighteen: The Feast

The next day, Emira and the others all sat at a large table, enjoying a conversation before their dining would begin. They were discussing the new prophecy and how the planned to approach it. Emira found it hard to focus at first, setting her eyes around, often distracted by the large, stain-glassed windows that were shining light down on the grand table.

“When the baby is born, Emira must be brought back here until she is full grown. It’ll take nine months afterward before Emerson is considered a full grown angel. Then it is up to her to defeat Sereptus, while the other angels defeat the army of demons,” Liezah explained.

“What role do I play in this?” Cyr asked.

“Act on Sereptus’s side to avoid suspicion… but also try to win the other Sins over.”

“Understood,” Cyr nodded.

Emira listened intently to everyone’s role during the next nine months. While they did these tasks, she was to train her third eye… there was no time to lose. Still, she couldn’t help but feel a bottomless pit in her gut… she was nervous and didn’t know what to think. She knew that if she messed up in the slightest, it could ruin everything.

“Our guests should be arriving shortly,” Liezah nodded, “They all called in saying they’d be here soon.”

“Are the other Angels aware of the plan yet?” Elraine asked.

“From what I believe, no, so we must inform them whenever they arrive,” Liezah replied.

Theran was tapping his fingers, looking down, unsure what to say, as Cyr awkwardly looked up at the ceiling. Emira watched him, silent, as though she wasn’t sure what to say during the entire conversation. She felt out of place, because she still felt horrible for what she had done to him millenniums earlier.

“We’ll prepare a feast tonight for our guests before everyone goes their separate ways…” Liezah nodded, “It will be our last reunion for quite some time…” he sighed.

“Will we be unable to contact one another?” Emira wasn’t sure what to think.

“No, but it will be risky. Sereptus will be taking control of many provinces, from the information I was given by our guests. He, in a way is now the King of many of countries around the world, and he has banned our faith as punishable by death. Anyone who bears the Halion symbol anywhere on their body or clothing is put to death, unless they prove they are a follower of Sereptus himself—which includes reciting the Hymn of Immeclaphy—the longest phrase within the Books of Sereptism. It is required by all followers to learn this hymn before they turn 18.

“He also has made it clear that any Angels that are spotted flying in the sky, or revealing their mark on their shoulder is to be shot immediately… so we must be undercover at all times. The only safe place is Halion from now on, because it is untouchable from evil.”

Everyone was silent as Liezah had explained all of this. Emira felt especially apprehensive, because she didn’t know what to expect. If she was caught in any way, she would be shot without realizing it. Anyone and everyone was now an enemy—or at least someone she couldn’t trust.

“How do we hide ourselves?”

“We must wear the Cloaks of Judgment—which are special robes that only heavy Sereptus followers wear.”

It was unbelievable to Emira. She wondered how the world could grow so dark in such a short amount of time. How could Sereptus gain with no one trying to stop him? How would people survive such morbid times?

“Something wrong, Emira?” Theran narrowed his eyes.

“Yeah, sorry. Just thinking about this depresses me slightly.”

“It isn’t a very warming age for any of us, either. Thankfully, since Halion is blessed, it is the only place remaining with blue skies. While demons can still enter this land, they are restrained from doing any harm. It is hard to explain,” Elraine sighed, “Many followers end up fleeing to Halion.”

“I’m sorry for going off toping, but wat do you mean ‘only place remaining with blue skies’?” Emira narrowed her eyes.

“When Sereptus takes reign over the world, his power is so dark and full of hate, it takes a turn on the environment as well. The seas become red with blood and the sky reflects off of those… red skies with black clouds. The vegetation lowers immediately; dead trees and no life anywhere. Famine spreads like the plague only weeks into his reign,” Theran spoke lowly, “Halion is the only place where blue skies and pure water remain, along with plant life.”

“Oh my goodness…” Emira felt like she would be sick. She couldn’t imagine such a horrible place… and she wondered how anyone would survive like that.

“Cyr will continue to act on Sereptus’s side until the time of the Final Battle, when he will then be informed to betray,” Liezah nodded as he then turned to Cyr, “You are not to betray Sereptus until you hear my word to do so… so do not act on impulse. You must protect Emira, but continue to act on the wrong side.”

“I understand,” Cyr nodded as he sighed.

A large bell rang throughout the Cathedral suddenly as Liezah smiled, looking to the others. This implied that the guests had arrived, and Emira looked up eagerly to meet them.

“Let us invite them at once,” Liezah clapped his hands together as he looked to the side.

The first to enter was a woman with short, black hair and dark blue eyes. She wore a white gown with red lipstick. She was absolutely gorgeous, with glitter that covered her eyelids, reflecting off of the chandeliers that covered the dining hall.

“I am Amane,” she spoke, “The Angel of Peace.”

As the second women entered, she appeared to have long, curly black hair that was held back in a lose bun with green eyes. She wore a lavender gown, with white eye-shadow and pale, purple lipstick.

“I am Carmella, Angel of Charity,” she pursed her lips as she sat beside Amane.

The third girl entered slowly, appearing to have white hair and gray eyes. She wore heavy dark makeup around her eyelashes and she wore a salmon colored gown with a light blush on her cheeks.

“I am Ruka, the Angel of Vivacity.”

Emira was taken breathless by their beauty. She had never seen such beautiful people in her entire life. As she continued gaping at them, a man walked in with white hair and green eyes. It was Mairah. He had a large smile across his face and sat down next to Elraine.

Another man walked in, long black hair and gray eyes. He had tattoos and piercings that covered his body, and had a wide grin. Cyr’s eyes widened.

Silas stood there, bowing before them all, “I saw Sophia and Elraine arrive here, but was unable to speak to them.”

Emira’s jaw dropped. The sin who played the role a sa singer of her favorite rock band was on their side.

And last, another man with black hair and blue eyes appeared. Elraine stood in awe as her jaw dropped.

Avery stood in the doorway, walking forward, a frown across his face. He stood in front of Cyr, watching him as he then looked down.

“I’m sorry for the harm I caused you… I see where my faith belongs now.”

Cyr watched him and closed his eyes, nodding, “I forgive you, Avery.”

Avery smiled lightly as he then turned to Emira. His eyes were sorrowful as he put a hand to her forehead.

“Forgive me, sister, for I have brought shame to you, and to the world.”

“I forgive you, brother…” Emira touched his hand with her own.

Avery looked over to Elraine, his eyes becoming desperate; they looked like the gaze Cyr often gave Emira when he was in necessitation for her presence.

“Elraine,” Avery whispered.

Elraine, who was standing, watched him with her eyes fixed to him, “Yes, Avidius…?”

“For as long as I’ve been damned, I’ve tried reconciling over and over… but it’ll never be enough. Please just know that I’m sorry and that I love you.”

Elraine continued to stare into him, her hand moving to his face as she pushed his hair back.

“You don’t need to apologize… you made the right choice in the end,” she replied.

Elraine’s touch made Avery shudder slightly. It was a feeling of relief he had not felt in quite some time. He felt as though he’d break into tears then and there, but he held back.

“I love you as well, Avidius,” Elraine whispered.

Avery knew what he wanted then… his hands immediately wrapped around her waist into an embrace. Elraine responded by holding onto him. Very kissed the side of her head and she breathed heavily, obviously craving him as well. Avery then moved toward her and kissed her lips gently.

As Avery kissed her, the others in the room slowly started to clap, starting with Cyr, who looked to Emira with gentle eyes, wording “I love you” to her. She blushed slightly before clapping. Silas then looked over to Ruka, smiling lightly.

As the night continued, the angels, the three sins, and the priest and his bishops all feasted and talked of the war, planning on what they would do to approach the final moments.

They continued laughing and enjoying each other’s company; especially since this was the last time they’d see each other for a while.

At the end of the night, many were still in the main room Emira had started tog row restless though, and went upstairs into her room. She sat against her bed for a long while.

As the time passed, Cyr had walked in, tilting his head when he saw her.

“I thought you’d be here,” he laughed slightly.

“Having fun down there? I had to get away from the noise for a little bit.”

“Of course,” Cyr smiled slightly, kissing her forehead.

“Are you okay? You seem shaken,” Emira blinked.

“I’m going to have to leave tonight… with Avery and Silas.”

Emira stayed silent for a moment, looking down, “So you’re leaving right now?”

“I’m sorry,” Cyr didn’t know what to say. He kept his gaze averted from hers.

“It’s fine. We don’t want Sereptus under suspicion.”

Cyr sat next to her, kissing her cheek,” I love you, Sophia. You’re my everything.”

Emira breathed in, taking in his words, “I love you, too, Asmarus…”

Cyr kept grinning as he watched her, kissing her lips lightly. As she kissed back, he moved down, against her neck, biting at it slightly, making Emira’s breath quicken. He pulled away, smiling as he kissed her forehead.

“I’ll be with you sooner than you know it. Be safe.”

“I will. I’ll see you soon,” Emira smiled back.

As Cyr left the Cathedral, he stayed silent. He felt an ache against his back, while he walked, but made no note of it. He’d have to get to Serepton quickly so that he wasn’t late for the ceremony. Soon, he felt a pulse of a rushing heat against his legs, and it caused him to fall forward, breathing heavily. His back started to ache once more, much more excruciating than before. He breathed heavily as he felt the flesh tear; something was trying to break the Golden Fleece sewn down his back. He breathed loudly, trying not to scream, but the pain was unbearable. The fleece began ripping his flesh as blood was dripping down his sides, his voice echoing as he yelped. Wings then whipped from his back, soaked in blood as they spread around his body—his heart breathing heavily.

As he knelt down to catch his breath, the blood continued to drip down. He looked to the sky and nodded.

“Thank you, Father,” he whispered.

He then started to lift into the air, ignoring all pain he had so that he could fly toward Serepton.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it. This is the ending. Please keep going with the story by following along with Fall of the Vatican! :D
BUT! I will not be posting in it for a while... I'm going to work on editing this story (not really rewriting it) because I OH SO MUCH DEARLY WISH TO GET THIS PUBLISHED.
I'm SO SO SO SO SORRY for posting this so late; I just kept putting it off ): I'm SOOOOOO SORRY.
Boyfriends are very distracting. XD
Anyways, this is the end of Sins of an Angel, but the story will still continue. <3
Please comment with any last thoughts and subscribe to Fall of the Vatican!