Sequel: Fall of the Vatican
Status: Finished :]

Sins of an Angel

Chapter Seven: Avaritia and Ira

That night, Cyr had given Emira a ride home. The drive was quiet and it was very hard to see through the traveling smoke. Emira grew impatient. She wanted to know where her family was. When Cyr pulled into the driveway, he sat there for a moment, silently.

“Well… here you are…” Cyr didn’t turn to her.

Emira nodded, “Thank you for everything…”

Cyr pursed his lips, “You better get to your family.”

Emira didn’t speak, but she felt ashamed of herself. She constantly judged Cyr, but all he wanted to do was help her. She opened the door and headed to her front entrance. Opening it, she looked around. No one seemed to be in sight.

“Mom? Avery?” she called out. Looking to the coffee table near the door, she saw a small note, reading it carefully.

Emira… we know you’re out, but we had to leave right away. Your father was transferred to a hospital in the Endrox province. We may be gone several days… love you, sweetie. Take care.

XO Mom


Emira felt sick to her stomach… her father was so badly injured that he was transferred to another province?

“Alone, after all, I see,” a voice purred into her ear.

Emira gasped slightly, turning around, only to see that it was Cyr. She took a deep breath, shaking it off.

“Oh my god, Cyril, don’t even start.”

“You loved it probably,” he smirked, closing the door behind him.

“Well, is there something you need?” she blinked.

“Your company,” he moved toward her.

“This cannot go on in my house…” Emira shook her head as she moved back.

“Let’s move to the car then, shall we?”

“I have such little faith in your self control most times…” Emira sighed.

“Oh? What about yours?”

“You don’t see me trying to pull you into my shirt, do you?”

“I don’t see you insisting that I leave.”

“You’re unbelievable,” Emira shook her head, “Get out, if this is how you plan to act around me.”

“How am I acting?” Cyr sneered as he pulled her into him.

Emira glared, pushing him back, “You say that this is how you are and that it is by instinct, but it’s not! I’ve seen the real you and he’s a normal boy with compassion and actual love… that’s the guy who I feel comfortable around… not some covered lust you find appealing to please your fake god!”

Cyr’s smirk immediately dispersed as she spoke. He felt himself flinch throughout her words, and began feeling uneasy. He wasn’t sure how to handle what he heard, but he looked up, his eyes serious and practically lifeless.

“I act the way I do because I’ll get sick if I don’t,” he shook his head, “Sereptus brought my being together again on the condition that I bring corruption to the world through lust.”

At first Emira shook her head, but continued to listen.

“Emira…” Cyr moved toward her, gently pushing her against the wall, “I love you with my entire being… you mean more to me than the existence of God… I would die for you and protect you with all my strength.”

Emira looked away, unsure how to take it in. She felt the heat of his body press against her.

“There is nothing I wouldn’t give to feel the touch of your lips again… that is what I desire more than anything,” Cyr’s blue eyes gazed into Emira’s.

Emira felt breathless, her cheeks flushing and her hands trembling… she as well craved his lips, but she couldn’t allow herself to get so involved.

Cyr could see her hesitation, moving in on her, brushing against her ear, “We can keep it a secret…”

Emira moved her head back… she couldn’t think correctly. Her body said yes, her mind said no, and her heart exclaimed go. She wanted him… and she didn’t know why. It was as though something came over her. Cyr moved her hair out of her face, staring down at her. She breathed more heavily, as though she was scared.

“Don’t be afraid of me,” Cyr pushed her chin up. For that moment, Emira and Cyr’s eyes met once more, but for much longer this time.

She couldn’t hold it anymore and Cyr could see that. She slowly moved herself in as Cyr did the same. It felt as though his lips crashed against hers, but it was a gentle compression. Emira’s hands seemed to involuntarily wrap around his neck, moving against his hair. Cyr had a different look in his eyes; it wasn’t his normal somber gaze or desiring glare… it was one of relief and comfort. When his lips pulled back from hers, he stared at her, smiling lightly.

“What do you feel right now?” Cyr whispered.

Emira looked down, blushing as she laughed slightly in embarrassment,” I feel like an idiot.” She didn’t seem to regret what she did though.

“Why is that?” he pondered.

“Because I’m probably getting involved in the worst situation possible,” she continued to laugh.

Cyr chuckled with her for a moment, “Even if that’s true, I promise to protect you… even if it costs me my life.”

Emira nodded, looking down for a moment, “I wish I could remember… remember the times before this life.”

“You will with time. Just wait.”
A hooded man walked slowly through a dark hall, the echo of his footsteps lingering behind. He entered a large room where a great altar stood; a mirror in the very center. As he walked toward it, he removed his hood. It was still too dark to see his appearance, though. He stood at the edge of the mirror, staring down at it, kneeling on one leg. Bowing his head, he breathed in.

“Father, please speak to me, for it concerns our divine family,” the man called.

Soon, the room darkened even more as a shadowed figure arose from the mirror, standing above it. Candles lit across the altar walls as the man looked up to his father. The man who rose from the mirror was completely shadowed, his face encased by the darkness. He stood in a still, stately position and his arms at his side.

“Ira… my Wrath… why have you disturbed my solitude?” a beautiful voice spoke.

“My lord… I have received troubling news.”

“And what is that?” he asked, not sounding amused.

“I have found that Luxuria has already made his move on Love… he has already spoken to her and attempted to kill her,” Ira sighed.

“This is very interesting… Luxuria has never been so eager before…” Father sighed.

“My lord!” another voice spoke from the entrance.

“Avaritia… what brought you here?” Father spoke once more.

“Father… Lord Sereptus…”

Indeed the Father himself was Sereptus, and he had his children before him… two of them at least. In front of him was Avaritia, or greed and Ira, who was wrath. The others consisted of Luxuria, who was lust, Gula who was gluttony, Acedia who was sloth, Invidia, who was envy, and Superbia, who was Vanity.

“Calm yourself and explain what’s wrong,” Sereptus crossed his arms.

She isn’t even aware of her powers… she couldn’t possibly engage with Cyr already! This is an outrage!”

“It was your job to make sure that the brat stayed at home like a good girl. I saw her in Halight… Luxuria made his move, and she’s a sweeper, Avaritia. A bounty hunter,” Ira snarled.

“Luxuria is ruining everything!” Avaritia clenched his fists.

“Calm down, both of you!” Sereptus raised his voice.

Both Avaritia and Ira looked to Sereptus silently.

“Ira… where did Emira confront you?”

Ira sighed, stepping into the light. He had long brown hair and a pale face. Slade.

“I was in my home with the sweepers… she doesn’t know who I am thankfully.”

“And why, Avaritia, didn’t you try to stop your sister from going to Halight?”

Avaritia stepped into the light as well, sighing. It was Avery, Emira’s eldest brother.

“I did try… but she was stubborn.”

“That won’t be good enough when Lust destroys her!” She’s needed for the prophecy!” Slade grit his teeth.

“I demand we call Luxuria right now! Bring him here!” Avery clenched his fists.

“Enough! Both of you need to calm yourselves and be patient… I sense that Luxuria is currently being intimate… or beginning to.”

“He’s always doing so… I must head back to town soon…” Avery shook his head.

“I do as well…” Slade scoffed.

“Return to your friends and family and stay in hiding a little longer,” Sereptus pursed his lips.

“Yeah, dumbass. Leaving Emira by herself doesn’t sound like a good idea,” Slade pushed Avery.

Avery narrowed his eyes, “I’ll worry about her later. She’s not stupid enough to get involved with anyone, knowing her situation.”
Emira heard Cyr explain how he would protect her from the worst, which made her smile… only temporarily. She sighed as she looked to the clock, biting her lip.

“You should go… it’s getting late. I’ll come by in the morning so we can explain this stuff more.”

Cyr nodded as he smiled faintly, kissing Emira’s forehead before heading toward the door.

“I will see you tomorrow, then.”

Closing the front door behind him, he headed into his car and began to drive off. His cell phone rang shortly after, with an unknown number.

“Hello?” Cyr answered.

“Luxuria… it’s time we’ve talked in private.”

Cyr immediately knew who it was, hanging up the phone quickly. He tried to stay calm, but his mind scrambled as he attempted to recollect himself. He pulled into his driveway, walking up the apartment halls until he reached his door, opening it and heading into his bedroom.

“There you are!” Slade was leaning on the wall, “Had some fun with a new hoe, eh?”

Cyr pursed his lips, “Ira, I’m not in the mood.”

“Why not?” Avery jumped from the doorway.

“I’m going to bed.”

“She wore you out that much? Couldn’t help but notice how much weaker you’ve gotten,” Avery snickered.

“Your sexual activity has reduced to one girl every night it seems… it used to be three minimum,” Slade smirked.

“Avaritia, Ira, get out. It just isn’t a lucky week for me. Didn’t get much tonight.”

“Bet you hit a pure chick who’s scared,” Slade laughed.

Immediately, Avery’s eyes widened as he slammed Cyr against the wall. He tried to smell the air around Cyr’s clothing and grit his teeth.

“…You lustful bastard… you saw her, didn’t you?! What did you do to my little sister!?”

“I didn’t do anything,” Cyr spoke casually.

“Liar, I can smell the perfume she wears on you!”

“Why do you care so much for what happens to the Angel of Love? Despite the fact that she’s your sister, she stayed on God’s side while we passed onto darkness,” Cyr smirked.

Avery slammed his fist into Cyr’s face with anger, “Shut up… you’re getting involved with her before the other angels have even made their move yet!”

Cyr’s face fell low, his hair over his eyes as blood slid down his chin. He didn’t speak.

“If you touch her again… I’ll kill you myself.”

“Someone’s getting their energy… are we getting back our Angel of Excitement?” Cyr laughed nervously.

There was a heavy rage in Avery’s skull that Cyr saw clearly through his hair. Before he could react, he slammed his fists against Cyr’s throat and started to squeeze. Soon after, he released one of his hands to cause more damage to the rest of his body. Throwing Cyr on across the floor, Avery stood over him, kicking him in as many places as he could. Cyr began screaming in anger, trying to hold back the tears. Slade only watched, the violence making him smile.

When Avery grew exhausted of his constant damage to Cyr, he backed against the wall to get a breath. Slade clapped his hands in amusement.

“That was truly beautiful,” Slade smirked.

“Shut up…” Avery was out of breath.

Cyr was laying on the floor, covered in blood and motionless as he stared at the ceiling… he knew that if he moved, Avery may go back at him.

“I think we should leave him to think about what he’s done,” Slade laughed, heading toward the door, “Come on, Avery.”

Avery took one last look at Cyr as he headed toward the door. When they both headed out, still, Cyr couldn’t allow himself to move. He stared at the ceiling all night… he didn’t sleep one bit.

That next morning, he continued to lay on the floor. The pain he felt was excruciating and moving seemed to only make it worse. When he least expected it, there was a knock on his door.

“Cyr?” the same, soothing voice he heard the night before called out.

“Em… go home…” Cyr could hardly speak.

“Are you okay?”

“Please,” Cyr could feel tears on his face.

At the sound of his hesitant voice, Emira immediately opened the door, looking around.

“Cyr, where are you?” she blinked.

“Emira, please go!” Cyr didn’t want her to see him like this. Unfortunately, Emira followed the sound of his voice. When she looked down at him, her eyes widened and her throat closed up.

“Oh my god…” she immediately dropped to her knees, next to him, trying to wipe the blood from his face with her hand, “Cyr…”

“Emira… I’m afraid you’ll be next if you hang around me for too long.”

Emira watched him in confusion, unsure what to say. Cyr’s eyes, however, told the truth in his belief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this is all coming together. I bet you didn't expect Emira's brother to be one of the sins. :P Slade seemed questionable, but it was still kinda unexpected. Anyways, poor Cyr. And Emira. ):
If there is confusion, here is the names again: (They are latin, but in the story, latin is considered Halionese)

1. luxuria (lust)
2. gula (gluttony)
3. avaritia (greed)
4. acedia (sloth)
5. ira (wrath)
6. invidia (envy)
7. superbia (pride)